Reviews for The Old Anger
riverrat chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Another beautiful story of yours. You use canon and show it from Severus' POV. I thought it was rather heartless when he said that to Hermione, and like to read that he regretted it. Unfortunately he can't let her know because he has a reputation to uphold.
Seren Flaidd chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Brilliantly written. Cleverly keeping to cannon. You shouldn't have to point out that it's open to interpretation who tested the poison you're absolutely right that it's open to interpretation.

I know SSHG is shiping Severus and Hermione but I've never read any before.

This is just my opinion but I'm not sure I agree with your k rating for suggesting that teachers have feelings like this for students. That is honestly just a humble opinion as I dither a lot about ratings on my own writing.

Secondly you are clearly very strong on working cannon through everything you write and I wondered if you do think SSHG has a basis in canon?

These thoughts distracted me slightly from the actual story, which I have to say is consistently brilliant. I love how you write Severus. Your take on "I see no difference" was really thought provoking. And Severus's perspective on Ron, especially, I liked. Although all of it really.

Ron and Harry would both profess to caring for Hermione yet they, Harry especially, increasingly puts her in the path of danger, a price Harry pays to have her with him and as his friend. Severus pushes people away to keep them safe, accepting that they will never thank him or even know what he has done to keep them safe. The very opposite. Beautiful writing.
Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
"I made her cry today. And I lied."

Beautiful fic, beautiful last sentence. And credible. Anti-SSHG beware! One day you'll see... ;)
notwolf chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Again, beautifully done. Not only do we see the valid reasons behind what he does, we see the regret for harm. he understands humiliation and pain, and doesn't want to hand it out as it was handed to him, yet at times he can't help himself...but he does regret it.
PropertyoftheHBP chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
It was really interesting to read your interpretation of Snape's perspective on this particular event. I had always thought it was one of his nastier moments. Very well written!

SLW
Keppiehed chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
You make even the smallest scenes seem pivotal, and perhaps they are in the way of character development for our old friend Snape. It does remind me of quilt work, in a way, how you swoop in to take the undeveloped scenes and points of view and bring them to life with a beauty that takes the breath away. Yet you are still true to the original. Very tricky for you, but rewarding for us. Well done.
Valmarien chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I like the way you write Snape, the way he always sees the bigger picture, such as keeping Hermione safe from harm by trying to get her to pipe down. I think this is really perceptive.
Holly chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Aww! I love Snape! He and Hermione are a great couple!
Dark Vorona chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
This was excellent. I really like the motivations you give to him for this, as it's always been a strange moment. He's always been fair to her, aside from this episode. Yet you explain it wonderfully!
Dyce chapter 1 . 8/21/2005
Wow... I came over here to check out your work after you reviewed mine (thank you!), and I very, very much like this take on Snape. He's such a complex character - twistier than a slinky, actually - and I like the complicated reasons he has for what he's done, and his regret for having to do it.
Queen of Duct Tape chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Not much to say, but I think even anti-SSHG would have appreciated it.
Sindie chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Very interesting. We always assume that Snape is referring to Hermione's teeth and nothing else when he says "I see no difference," but your theory is definitely worthy. I like it.
trev chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
u are an AMAZING author. get off ure butt writing fanfictions and write some books! I want to go into a bookshop and see your name (whatever it is) in big writing!
Deeble chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
That's a lovely (sad, but lovely) Snape's-eye-view of this canon scene. I've heard many explanations for why he'd say those hurtful words, but this is the best one. He saves up hurts to dole out later; he dishes out revenge cold.

I'm glad you have him feeling badly about it in the end.
Hermione the Slayer chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Great story... you write Snape really well!