Reviews for First Impressions
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 16 . 7/7
Awesome story!
attheturnofthetide chapter 16 . 1/6
Oh... oh wow... I loved how Glorfindel and Erestor's friendship gradually grew. And I especially like how eager Erestor was to get back to work...

I already miss Belegon and the others. You portrayed them so well it was like they were real people in front of me. But then again, there's always time to re-read, right?
Alicia457 chapter 16 . 10/31/2013
Sometimes this story made me laugh and really happy, the other time it nearly brought me to tears. I don't like the fact that it is over already and I really want to read the sequel.
I only want to say to you now that you're an amazing writer. I really admire you and I love your story's.

With love Alicia
Wayward Dragon chapter 16 . 6/23/2013
Thank you ever so much for sharing this beautiful story! Glorfindel is my favorite Tolkien elf and I really appreciate the care you've taken to so wonderfully craft this tale. Write on!
nithila chapter 16 . 5/3/2013
Thank you for writing this beautiful story. You've captured all three main characters in a most wonderful, touching way, and the story flows seemingly effortlessly. Brilliant!
Rabbit Pie chapter 16 . 3/3/2013
I really enjoyed reading this story. c:
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 16 . 2/19/2013
cool
maglors harp chapter 16 . 2/17/2011
I cannot believe it. You and Erestor are the only two authors who have ever managed to make me read a story that features Glorfindel and Erestor. I actually was obsessed with finishing this one, even though I have...um..'stuff' to study.

Congratulations for writing such a fantastic story, and a big thank you as well! Do continue to write; it would be a shame if you stopped.

Yours truly,

Maglor
Tia Paes chapter 16 . 7/5/2008
I adore this story. It is wonderful and everything seemed very in tune with what I thought the characters would be like. Very good job!
Kalisona chapter 16 . 11/14/2006
Fantastic. Just...fantastic. Adjectives, I find, are very hard to come by when I come across a fantastic fanfiction story. *shakes head* It was amazing. The tension and feelings of Erestor and Glorfindel; you portayed them fantastically! Your OCs were great too and they fit into Tolkien's world without a hitch. I have never read a Glorfindel and Erestor story quite like this one, and I can't wait to read the sequel. *goes to see if you have written it*

Great work!

~Kali
Nelarun chapter 16 . 6/28/2006
Normally I would write a fair sized review, but since it is 11:30 PM and I have a sprained wrist and am using my bad hand to type, it will have to be short...

This story was very wonderful, I believe that you captured the very essence of the two elves. (Well what I thought they would be like) You portrayed beings, scenes and emotions wonderfully. It was as though you were actually there. Like an artist who captures depth into his painting.

Anyways, Both yours, and Erestors, works are amazing. I put this in my review to Traditional Recipes for Disastor, that the story was amazing, and hilarious, and just excellent...

You newest loyal reader... Nelarun of Australia
mithwen chapter 16 . 10/24/2005
I have read this story twice now, and I love it. Glorfindel and Erestor are so different they have to be "either sworn friends or sworn enemies." how true.

I like how you portray Erestor, he's not just a boring and dry advisor, just misunderstood..

I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Ashti chapter 16 . 6/19/2005
Good story :D I'm glad I finished reading it, even if it's, ah.. hrm.. hehe.. nearing two in the morning now. _; I quite liked the story, and the way they changed their minds about one another :)
Erestor chapter 16 . 4/23/2005
This story has a wonderful conclusion, not anticlimactic in the least, and with all the loose threads tied up beautifully. I especially love the way Rasaras's letter allows the reader to see Glorfindel and Erestor's new friendship from different eyes. It sounds like they're getting along well, judging from my favorite comment by Glorfindel: "Councils are to Master Erestor what parties are to Elflings..."

And then, when I'm done reading the epilogue, and feeling sad that the story is over, but touched by the happy ending, I come to the Author's Note! You certainly know how to make a humble beta feel appreciated! I was a bit stunned. Thank you so much.

Ithiliel, I've loved every moment of working with you, and I look forward to editing SC... ;)
Avalon Estel chapter 16 . 4/19/2005
I almost cried at your author's note, woman! It was so heartfelt and lovely. But then, so was Rasaras' letter. Ooh, if you hurt him... I've got a place all set up for him, believe me. You've written an incredible, amazingly beautiful story that few people have the ability to write, and I want you to know that this has touched me deeper than you can imagine. It was real, it was human, it was amazingly written, and I think the Professor would be proud if he could read it.

Thank you, Ithiliel.