Reviews for The Hands of the Steward
Arahiril chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Thanks so much for adding on this much-needed bit to the movies. Extraordinarily well-written, and very moving, it was a pleasure to read. I only wish it had been filmed...
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Great story, wonderful gap-filler. I absolutely love how you portrayed Faramir in this story, he doesn't come off as weak at all in spite of his injuries. And Pippin's great too!
elanor chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Great story :) All of this should be in the movie. Please write more :)
Susan Mc chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Thank you!

It wasn't just that Gimli was sitting in the Steward's chair, it was the way he was sitting in it that irked me. Gr!

I try to imagine that someone (Aragorn hopefully) had at least discussed the matter with Faramir before the "debate".
Sue chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Great gap-filler! I agree that Faramir should have been there (or consulted at the very least). All the characterizations were spot-on-it would fit into the movie perfectly!

I also didn't like the fact that in the film, Gimli was allowed to sit in the Steward's chair-pretty disrespectful to the Stewards and Gondor, yet nobody seemed to mind. Thanks for fixing that! :)

Sue :)
LadyDeb1970 chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
I adore this! And you're right, Faramir should have been there. . .this is the stubborn Ranger with the quiet strength who took my breath away in the movie.
clairon chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Great chapter. The new Steward of Gondor shows his quality once again.

Guess I wasn't the only one to miss Faramir at this counsel scene during ROTK. So glad you saw fit to remedy the situation and that you did it in such a classy way!
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Lovely gap filler! Excellently done in the Tolkien spirit. Love all the characterisations..especially Pippin and Aragorn.
Chibi-Kaz chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Interesting snapshot, and one that I wholeheartedly agree needed to be written. It irritated me to no end that Faramir as Steward was not included in the council, however in the books, the war council was held with all of the remaining Lords of Gondor in attendance (minus Faramir) and Prince Imrahil, Faramir's uncle, did make must the same arguement as did your Faramir here.

Cheers,

chibi-kaz
Jaimi chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Hey, I loved it. Very true, by the way, what the heck was up with that? As if they wouldn't get input from the man who knows Gondor best? Awesome job fixing their blunder!
Redone chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Totally cool! I liked how Faramir took to speaking for the people of Gondor.
Lariren-Shadow chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
I really liked that. This really how it should have been, Faramir would want a say in what happened to his country. And he would be reluctant to the healing if he thought he was suppose to be helping. Pippin would want to look after him also, he seemed to have a great respect for Faramir in the books and sort of in the movie, not as much shown though.

~Lariren

P.S. Heard about this from HASA message board thing. Whatever it is called.
Susan W chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
A most excellent story! I do hope that this will be continued.

Faramir's characterization has all of the right emotions and that touch of vulnerabilty without overwhelming his toughness. (Loved Faramir's retort back to Eomer about Gondor's troops). In fact all of the characters are fully realized and not flat seeming. And Aragorn trying to take care of his Steward was wonderful and reminiscent of the way Boromir probably cared for his little brother.

(Fingers crossed) Anxiously awaiting more!
28 | « Prev Page 1 2