Reviews for How Hungry Would a Woman Have to Be?
NeatFerocious chapter 4 . 9/21/2007
Aw, gorgeous story.. Rather emotional, but deftly kept in character and withing credibility in the story-line in spite of the obviously AU approach. Very good handling of this uncommon what if-scenario, wonderfully subtle. Very good, humane OC's and the conclusion was lovely, so bittersweetly wrapped up. Thanks for writing, back then.
HughloverX chapter 4 . 4/29/2007
Aww, that was sweet. Wish Erik would have seen her just one more time, but...still great story. *applauds*
Nobody of Importance chapter 4 . 9/30/2006
That was a sweet story, it made me cry.
C.L.Offen chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
It's written beautifully. - Reminds of the old black-and-white authorial movies... It deserves some visual version, I think.
JenValjean24601 chapter 4 . 2/18/2006
Bittersweet and beautifully written. One of the most creative phics I've ever read. Brava!
Dawn Moon chapter 4 . 11/28/2005
WAU! That was a beautiful beautiful piece! So lovely! I liked that your OC was not the "other woman". Nothing against em, I've created a few OWs myself, but this was a refreshing change. I loved it! I'm going to plug this story wherever I get a chance. THANK YOU!
Riene chapter 4 . 7/24/2005
And again, a delightful story. This departs widely from the generally accepted storyline, but is an interesting variation.

I am enjoying your writing-you have a good sense of atmosphere and narrative, your characters are well-formed and consistent, the historical setting seems generally accurate.

Now...what else have you posted here...

~R
DragonheartRAB chapter 4 . 5/14/2005
aaw poor erik, hes all alone. i kinda liked this. nice story.
la Fleur de Lis chapter 4 . 5/7/2005
This piece was such a delight to read... I think it was key that you only had Erik touch and watch Marceline, rather than have her. True, it seems unlikely that he would approach a prostitute at all, but since you acknowledged it, it doesn't interfere with the story in the least. You kept him very well in character otherwise! Your work is extremely well written and thought-out. Well done!
allegratree chapter 4 . 5/3/2005
WOw, this turned out to be really good! I read the first chapter a long time ago and I said, "This is going to be a nightmare!" But I was wrong. I was wondering when it was meant to have happened. The dates made it seem as if it happened before Erik met Christine, as the fact that he never mentioned her, led me to believe that as well. THe only problem is that in the book he made out as if he had never even touched a woman before. SO the story isn't exactly acurate in that respect, but I still think it is good. I liked the description of the room and how it changed especially. The accents were somewhat strange, but how can a person go about writing an accent in another langauge? It just doesnt' work as well. I think that the accent you chose was suficient and got the point across. COngradulations on finishing a great story.

Respectfully,

Allegratree
opie chapter 4 . 3/12/2005
my first review...

so far most of the phics ive waded through are 90% tripe *braces self for attack*. Yours is one of the few i could read w/o cringing. the whole concept and the style of writing was plausible and suprisingly un-affected. it actually reminded me a bit of one sort story i read in some prize winning collection, i wish i could remember which one! I did like the ending, really, i was afraid you'd do what most people would do and kill her off/reduce her to spme seriously sad fate. I thought the dad's speech was a tad on the long side though. Other than that, seriously good stuff.
InfiniteAnomaly chapter 4 . 3/7/2005
wow. that ending was so nice. i loved this. good job!

always,

LostS.
ahomelesspirate chapter 4 . 3/5/2005
Good job. I enjoyed you story much
Pirate Perian chapter 4 . 2/7/2005
I really enjoyed this! I adore Kay-based fic, and this little speculation based on that one line... well, it was just lovely. It would certainly alter his later relationship with Christine, if he'd been able to be intimate with another woman in this fashion - but that isn't really the point, is it? It's just a what-if. And as such, again, it was very well done. (I wrote a Kay-based what-if ficlet myself, about that Persian slave girl; but I digress.)

I loved Marceline and her streetwise brashness - and I think that my favourite part was her reaction to his face. I've often wondered what would happen if Erik were to encounter a woman who DIDN'T shriek at the sight of his face. Someone who would be shocked, certainly, but still retain enough common sense to treat him like a human being. This fic was a lovely answer to that question.

Again, I enjoyed muchly. Thanks for writing it!
kitsunekilala chapter 4 . 2/6/2005
that was really good It was very emotional
102 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »