Reviews for How Hungry Would a Woman Have to Be?
Tempest chapter 4 . 2/6/2005
I enjoyed reading the whole Phic. I did find Erik quite in character, though I think the phrase 'black desires' has been bandied about in this fnadom way too much. I also really enjoyed the oening paragraph of chapter three, it had artistry in it, though it revealed to the reader, even if they were reading it all in a sitting, you had not written it all in a sitting. It was faintly reminiscent of the first few moments of the second television episode in a 'To Be Continued' annoyance. I think that would have been better saved for a point where time had passed for the cahracters, not the author. Otherwise, wonderful.
valueofaloonie chapter 4 . 2/3/2005
*sigh* That was lovely, and just exactly how I would like to imagine Erik to be. Thanks for such a wonderful piece. :)
Kinelea chapter 4 . 1/31/2005
Yay! *claps* Very good, very good. Love the fact that Marceline didn't hate him. Scared me at first, when she was all crying and horrified but it was just because she was startled. *dances* Somebody finally accepted Erik! Yay! Yay! Yay! Very happy. Very good ending to. I love the fact that Marceline finally got her life on track and that she has a loving husband and family now. And Erik made a good difference in her life...very happy ending. I love happy endings. The writing was as exquisite as usual. Have you abandoned 'Patron of the Opera'? I've been waiting for quite a while now for an update...Oh, I wrote a Phan fic! It was after I saw the movie (which was quite excellent) and it's in Erik's point of view. Check it out if you wish. I doubt it will equal the caliber of your writing but I try, I try. Anyway, very good, loved the ending. Keep writing.
NorthAngel27 chapter 4 . 1/24/2005
You finished at last. I have been waiting for the end for a long time. I liked that you did not end the story with Erik and Marceline together. It seemed appropriate. I felt sad for Erik, still being alone at the end, but there was a sort of bittersweetness to the end that was both appealing and satisfying. I hope you keep on writing.
Crimson Siyrean chapter 4 . 1/23/2005
a beautiful idea and i loved the ending. not what one would expect when you start reading this and i'm very happy for that. great job.
Erin chapter 4 . 1/21/2005
Ah! I LOVED it! Great job!
gryffingirl77 chapter 4 . 1/19/2005
ooh! *sob* That was wonderful and so worth the long wait! ;) Sorry to hear of your writing troubles. I understand and sympathize!

I love how you tied up the story, it was a wonderful, fitting ending. Bittersweet. Well done!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 4 . 1/19/2005
Wow! This is one of those stories that gets an A. It's sad, but it's beautiful. It only sucks enormously that Erik and Marceline couldn't have stayed together. Not darned bad for a first completed chapter fic. I do hope there'll be more of them to come. And no, I didn't think your Erik was at all out of character. Good work. The senario of this story, a woman of the night actually being willing to have Erik, is an idea that's rolled around my head too. I'm really glad someone had the guts and imagination to write it.
Senna Wales chapter 4 . 1/17/2005
I have to agree with Gwynevere1 that the ending DOES have that happy-fairy-tale-ending feel to it. However, this does NOT mean that your fic is terrible, by any means! This is truly one of my favorites! You wrote this one VERY well overall. Marcelline was not a Mary Sue, which was wonderful. She definitely did not turn out as many would expect. While I might think the ending was too warm and fuzzy, your writing itself (your language, diction, prose) were all very clear. Perhaps a short epilogue would have done well in place of describing future Marcelline? Anyway, I still really liked your piece overall! _
Madame Butterfly chapter 4 . 1/17/2005
*tear tear*

Wow. I don't know what else there is to say.

"Erik watched her lips as she said this and a sudden realization shocked him into disbelief. She had named her son Erikā€¦"

*breaks out into sobs*

This story is wonderful! Just the right balance of sensuality and romance... *sigh* What a warm feeling I'm feeling... :-)
Lucrezia Borgia chapter 4 . 1/17/2005
Yes! I lost track of this fic ages ago, I'm so glad you finished it! I was losing sleep over this one, my friend. And such an ending, quite the tearjerker.
Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 4 . 1/16/2005
That was freakin' awesome! Your Erik is very Kay and I really enjoyed the consistent characterization. You understood, well Marceline did, what Erik needed. You also had a very tender ending. Brava, brava!
loveroftrapdoors chapter 3 . 1/16/2005
OH you evil person you! What a cliffhanger! Whew! And I love Marceline's accent, btw:) I can imagine how hard it would be to write a slummy French accent...I took a try at it myself (not that I'm half te writer you are). This is still one of my favourite stories and I can't wait for it to continue!
convoitez chapter 4 . 1/16/2005
Oh, Erik. This was lovely and bittersweet and just perfect. Thank you.
runtus maximus chapter 4 . 1/16/2005
This is so beautiful. That's all I can say.
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »