Reviews for How Hungry Would a Woman Have to Be?
Olethros chapter 4 . 1/16/2005
*applauds heartily* Sweet, original and lovely. :) Now...maybe, just maybe I'll be ready for more of the angsty one. ;-D
Gwynevere1 chapter 4 . 1/16/2005
I'm sorry to say, but I just found this ending too happy and schmoopy for me. It really would have been better to end it after Marceline receives the money from Erik.

The reader, then, can interpret what happened: that both characters' lives were better, if not perfect.

Alternatively, we could have just seen future!Marceline, and not have Erik see her as well.

This last chapter wrapped up things too easily and, I thought, did neither character justice. It became too Afternoon Special.

It's a shame, because this is one of the few Phan fictions I was actually enjoying. In a phandom inhabited by thousands of Mary Sues and even more bad poets, I was glad to see an original, well-written tale. However, this ending rather ruined it for me.
omfgzXangelsXrosesXmasksXOHMY chapter 3 . 1/6/2005
just stumbled across this story and was getting real into, especially part three, cliffhanger like whoa!

then what do i find? no part four!

i hope you plan to continue with this story, id love to see the conclusion :D
Stealiana chapter 3 . 1/3/2005
You have rendered me utterly speechless. I was in tears by the end of the first chapter, cried all through the second, and only managed to stop midway through this one. And I almost nearly started again when you left the cliffhanger - because I'm already all upset and sad at the mere prospect of her leaving him.

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, I think you did a beautiful job - the description, the emotion, the very atmosphere of your piece all work together to paint a painfully true portrait of the inner workings of Erik's mind and his reality.

I also must applaud you for the creation of Marceline - she is a very likeable character - and I tend to loathe inserted characters (including those of my own creation). However, I was crying within the first chapter she was introduced, and I (probably just like Erik) harbored the secret hope that they would end up happily ever after, somehow, someway.

I understand you're busy so I won't press you to continue. Whenever you do, however, I will be here to read it!

Wonderfully done - this one gets no complaints from me!
ahsdlkjfasdf chapter 3 . 1/2/2005
klahspazdgl;spazhdljspazfcllspazspazspaz;ahdspazsg;lshg

*seisure*

UPDATTE!
Sapphire chapter 3 . 1/2/2005
I just wanted to write to you and let you know that I enjoyed reading your story and hope that you expand on it. I've only recently seen the movie with Gerard and Emmy and I liked it enough that I went out that evening and purchased the movie's soundtrack. It's been playing on my cd player since yesterday evening, non-stop. The last time something like that's happened was when I was introduced to Rocky Horror in the late '70's - early '80's, or in the last few years when I rediscovered Highlander (movies and the series) and fell in love all over again with the Clan Macleod. Anyway, I really liked this story and I just wanted you to know. I haven't read Patron yet, since I just discovered this site yesterday evening. Good Luck with school. Thanks for the good read.
AuburnWillow chapter 3 . 1/1/2005
Please finish soon! I am going crazy! Must know what happens! *twitch twitch*

But gosh this is so good! Poor Erik! It makes me sad for him. But yeah when I read that part of Susan Kay's book the wheels tried to turn in my head, but my muse was on strike and demanding more than her usual twenty-thousand francs a month, so I was left just hoping that someone else had written one. And luckily they did. Yay! Thanks for the great fic and I will be waiting for the next update!
Zimmergirl chapter 3 . 12/29/2004
You're bloody CRUEL, to leave this hanging! This is the first time I've ever cared for a created character. Seriously. Keep going. Write. Now.
runtus maximus chapter 3 . 12/27/2004
No, Marceline, no! Poor Erik... He actually found someone who liked him, but now she's seen his face. (dramatic music)

I love this fanfiction. It is engaging, and, even though Erik is a bit OOC, interesting.
Madame Butterfly chapter 3 . 12/25/2004
Let me add my own words of praise and encouragement, if I can. I believe I've lost whatever remains of my eloquence, after reading this story. The storyline is as mesmerizing and captivating as the beautiful portrayal of its characters. Each word was enticing, each line was sincere. Erik and Marceline, beauty in vulnerability. The need struck me. The vividness of the description of every touch and caress left me spellbound and soaring. I felt as if I was in that room myself! Very good. I love how you got into Erik's psyche. Gave the story a better angle. Nice. Well, I'm not sure if this was mentioned in any of these plentiful praises of reviews, but this story has been placed in the 'Recommended Reading' thread at Just thought you'd like to know.

Well, I, along with many others, breathlessly wait for another beautiful chapter. Toodles!
EmeraldSkyGoddess chapter 3 . 12/22/2004
I canna wait for the next chapter This has drawn me in so tightly, it's a wonderfully dark story, update son
Kinelea chapter 3 . 12/14/2004
Well, from your small mentions of this story in the author's notes of Patron, from reading the summary of this several times and from the fact that I like Patron so much I decided to read this. And I'm not disappointed. This is definitely a different take on Erik. It seems to expose his weaker sides which is rather cool. I always did feel sorry for him and this hitched up my sympathy a few notches.

I also like Marceline. She's interesting as to the fact that she's so open about being a prostitute but also is like a real person. And she's grown to care about Erik which is something he definitely needed. The description, once again, very awesome. And the accent transgression thing is okay, it's not like it totally ruins the story or anything.

But you left a cliffhanger! An amazingly really evil cliffhanger. I hope Marceline doesn't turn on him now. That would be sad. And I don't know that I would like her as much somehow it doesn't seem like she would do that. Yet she's looking at him with horrified eyes...Gah! You are evil I say! Leaving us with such a cliffhanger! Lol. Argh. Well I must curb my curiosity until you update. Very very good though and I anxiously await the next chapter.

Kinelea
E.K chapter 3 . 12/9/2004
Go on writing. I want to know what happens next. Can't you writers finish a story?
Neshomeh chapter 3 . 12/3/2004
ACK! I noticed people mentioning the cliffhanger, but I didn't expect THAT at all! It's evil, I tell you! For that, you get to hear about the instance of redundant language I caught in this chapter:

"...shocked at finding the sleeping prostitute asleep in his arms..."

I believe that's in the ninth paragraph of the second section. Otherwise, beautiful writing as usual.

Meh. I hope Marceline is a little wiser than Christine about this, or I might have to defy PPC policy and go on an illicit mission to do her in. The last thing Erik needs is a well-written OC breaking his heart. Watch the shadows closely, Marceline. I'm with the PPC!

_~

~Neshomeh
Stine chapter 3 . 11/28/2004
I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble at the end of this semester... But I'm happy to know you've already figured out the end of this story, and have already written part of it. It has developed so well it would be a shame to leave it unfinished. So this is just a brief note of encouragement from an overanxious reader. Hope to hear from you soon!
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »