Reviews for The Assassin and the Madman
giveGodtheglory chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Oi, that is an odd couple.
Jean1 chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Ok - so I'm a sick twisted individual but this stroy just made me smile. I'm seen a lot of "unusual pairing" fics but for the most part that's the whole depth with them - look shock those two are together. The problem being it still makes no sense why they are together in most stories. But this - this makes sense in a twisted revenge filled Belle is still influenced by the elixar of life sort of way. It's haunting and gothic and scary in a simple way. Even with Gambit being invited and married, I can see his concern for Belle's well being hurting because of this. And Sinister actually liking her - that I can see. They actually make a pretty good amoral pair. Huzzah! Kudos for this.
angyxoxo chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
It's so eerily romantic and I love it for exactly that reason. I'm glad you posted it up because this is such a gem. When I read it (again), i couldn't help but have this sort of satisfied grin on my face (again). ;P I like how you kept it really dark and moody, but had enough of those little moments that was just the perfect balanced and made me believe that these two could actually work. Love the last line, seems like i'm not the only one who have effective one-liners, eh? ;P

This is just a wonderful short, be proud. I do love it to pieces. Short but poignant. Fantastic job, my dear :)

angy
IvyZoe chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
I KNEW IT WOULD BE SINISTER! Is she crazy? Who would marry Sinister? And why is remy and Rogue at their wedding? What siick sick twisted world we live in. OH...and Sinister is falling in love with her. THat is just too wierd to even conjure an image of. Well I hope that you update soon. This should be good.
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
wow, this makes me want to go down to my secret underground laboratory and cackle maniacally. oh wait, i don't have a secret laboratory... but damn, it kinda makes me wanna get one. VERY nice. in that creepy way. wow. just wow. ;-)
Ludi chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Well, dear, you already know what I think about this one. It may be short, and it may not be particularly sweet (unless we're talking the s-w-e-e-e-e-e-t kinda sweet ;p), but it's still one of the most awesome stories I've read yet. For one thing you make an utterly convincing couple out of Belle and Sinny. You give them appropriate motive, which is important, and also a great sense of personality in very few extraneous words.

But as you know, I love this for its Gothic romance and it's macabre setting. Whenever I read this I see the flicker of candlelight, 's foreboding laboratory, and storms raging outside. I also love it for its quirkiness, for its punch, for its black humour. You set out such a compelling atmosphere in such a short amount of space. It has such energy and accuracy of personality. Love it to bits, this is definitely one of my faves of all time - yes, of all time, and I'm not kidding.

This is definitely going on my faves list. :)

-Ludi x