Reviews for Skin Deep
Dane chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Brilliant. Absolutely beautifully written.
Sulix chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Interesting point of view about Kakashi, different from the norm and it kinda matches(sp?) up with mine.
al3n3a chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Great story! Thanks for sharing.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Poor Kakashi, such an interesting view of his character.
Missed Nin chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I very much liked this. It's a lovely insight into Kakashi's character, and it captures both his growth and the ways he's stayed the same over time. Writing both those things well is a hard balancing act, but you've done a good job of it. Thanks :)

MN
Tryptophan36 chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
It's so incredibly painful. Poor Kakashi. Nice to see someone exploring the downside to all that talent. They don't all go Itachi brand crazy.

Beautiful and almost too emotional to read. Kakashi is laid bare.
Kakashis-First-Kiss chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
interesting new perspective on kakashi. great work!
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I read this before I even knew much about Naruto. I really loved your depiction of Kakashi in this story, so when I finally did read more of the manga I was a little disappointed in his character. So my interpretation of Kakashi pretty much relies on what you've set up in this piece. Great job.
Kage-Ichihashi chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
This was absolutely beautiful. You captured Kakashi in a way that few people can. I'm practically speechless. Bloody brilliant work. Keep it up, and take care.

With all due respect,

Kage-Ichihashi
RurouniGochan chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Dang. Why are you not on my favorite's list yet?

This was another incredible piece. You take characters and get down to the bare bones of their lives, making even the funny little habits or quirks become something deeper-darker. It's amazing.

Dang, if I could do a character request, I'd pick Kurenai simply because she's overlooked a lot and I've become biased to her. But any character you touch becomes spiritual gold, so I look forward to anything more you write with the Naruto series.

Thank you for sharing this talent.
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Never thought of him like that before. Definetely good writing.
Keladry chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Hmm... Angsty Kakashi. Interesting portrayal of him. You make me understand his fear, his reactions and it all makes sense, I love that. "Kakashi finds the cool line of the honorary marker press into his back while he imagines the kanji lettering of his teammates branding itself on his spine." For some odd reason, this is my favourite line among so many.
Karaii chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Brilliant writing. This is lovely
driftingwanderer chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
nice. keep it up.
UE chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
this was a really, really angsty look at the current kakashi. at first i thought it was taking place during perhaps his ANBU days...or that it would be limited only to his past, but you extended it, and applied it, to the people and situations of his life now. overall, i liked the message you were conveying here and describing the stigma that comes along with being born "genius."