Reviews for Jealous
Nelja chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Wow! It's very good! I'm not even a fan of stories about jealousy, but this one had been highly recommended to me, and I understand why. It only bothered me once, when Peter almost killed them all in his car, and it was short.

I especially love how the dialogue is written. Everyone is witty and sincere and funny and natural at the same time, it's delightful to read. The love scenes were touching, hot, but especially... true, if you know what I mean.

Special mention for Illyana. She's one of my favourites, and she's awesome.
breaktherules chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
I really enjoyed this story. Looking forward to more of your writing. Great Job!
Joey1 chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
I finally got around to reviewing this, I had meant to earlier when I first read it, but it slipped my mind, which is especially odd since Jeremy is a friend of mine. At anyrate, this was a really excellent jam session the two of you put together. Solid writing and characterization (although I personally would have liked to have seen a little more insight on Doug's side of things aside from the two parts, but again, that's just me, since Doug has always been a personal favorite). I liked a lot of the references to the past, like the Stryker business, and Kitty's love of the Star Wars comic (I took that same idea and ran with it in my recent Illyana/Kitty/Doug ficlet, although in my opinion it's nowhere near the level that this piece of work is).

In summary, I just wanted to congratulate the both of you on an ecellent job.
RiotSheelds chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
Typically fan-fiction with interesting plots usually is written with jerky prose and flashy, inplausible slush, while well-written fan fiction is often exceedingly tedious and dull to read. This story is one of the few that manages to captivate the reader without being cheap or showy, and paints a portrait of the characters we already know and love that illuminates the details that we didn't know we knew about them. Bravo.
brown eyed violet chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
i love it! you 2 should write together more often. however having read several of both of your stories, i have to say you do fine on your own. you both write very well, a must in any story i give time of day to. and i definately wouldn't mind a sequel to this story.
ZILENABLACKYAHOO.COM chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
hey good story write more , such as Anya meeting up with Peter again also wrote more with the other x-men in there
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
All I can say, Lia and Jeremy, is Bravo! Well done, you captured the emotions and personality traits of the characters involved perfectly. If Peter and Kitty had this conversation in the mainstream MU, then maybe they might have avoided breaking up post-Secret Wars(I still say that Peter's jealousy re: Doug was a mitigating factor in his fling with that alien healer).

One question; why is Peter driving a Rolls Royce? I can buy that the Prof owns one(Old money, y'know), but would he trust his students with it? Besides, I see him as more of a Chevrolet driver. Just me.
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Well, there's so much to say, and so little time. I guess I'll start by saying that you two outdid yourselves with this fic, you captured the feeling of that particular time period perfectly.

To me, Peter's feeling of inadequacy in regards to Doug always seemed to mask much deeper issues that he and Kitty had with their relationship. I think the scene with the waitress thinking that Kitty was his younger sister illustrated that point very well, as well as the bedroom scene where Kitty came to the realization that maybe she wasn't quite as old as she thought she was.

The inclusion of various other little details, like the popularity of Star Wars comics with the gang back then was cool. I also liked the mention of Danny from Stevie's dance class and Reverend Stryker's bigoted crusade against mutants (Which I think were both in 'God Loves, Man Kills').

Anyways, Great Job to the both of you, and keep up the good work...
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Wow.

I really enjoyed this story.

If I were to put down every little thing in this review that I liked about the story, then the review would be way too long. like... a billion pages long. It'd be longer than the story itself.

Your guys' word choice is... brilliant. Its fresh, innovative and magical. Either you have the big a vocabulary in the first place, or you totally wore out the thesaurus. Either way, its a brilliant word choice.

The descriptions were wonderful, and very insightful. I love every single one.

All the twists and turns were great. They really sent me for a loop. It was so much more than a fluffy Kiotr fic (although it had plenty of those juicy moments). It was a great story. It could be put into a book.

This also couldn't have come at a better time. I've had a HORRIBLE day. One of the worst of my life. Seriously. its been a God awful day. So this helped calm my anger and depression down a little. It stopped me from throwing my chair through my window. So thanks for that. The window thanks you too. But the chair is a bastard and a jerk.

This was a wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL story. Thank you both for this story!

Oh, and Lia. Please update The Knight and the Maiden soon. I'm going crazy without it.
Amokitty chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
It's hard to find the words to convey how beautiful I found this story to be. Some of the best fiction I've ever read. It feels like this old school, die-hard, Kitty & Peter fan just took a trip down memory lane. Wonderful.

God, I miss Illyana so much, and both of you wrote her perfectly. It's kinda like seeing an old friend again after many, many, years. Not to mention Stevie! Thanks for that. The cameos by Danny and Anya were surprising, considering that they were very minor characters from long ago and each having made only a single appearance. I think it was a stroke of genius to include them, and make them one of the pivotable parts to this story. If I didn't know better, I'd swear to God that Claremont wrote this...

As for Peter and Kitty, you two as always, have them down pat. Your story includes something that was never shown, but something I've always wanted to see- their first fight. Very interesting. I also liked how you filled in the gaps between Uncanny #177 to #183 in regards to the foreshadowing of their breakup. Peter's jealousy of Doug Ramsay was mentioned, but not delved into very much in Uncanny and it's good that you touched upon that.

The Kitty/Peter romance took years to write and was nothing, if not complicated - but you handled it believably. You explored Both their points of view, and the reader gets a better understanding of how conflicted and frustrated those two must have been. Love hurts doesn't it? Speaking of which... I appreciated your doing something that either Claremont didn't have the guts to do, or Shooter simply didn't ALLOW him to do, and that was for Kitty and Peter to admit their love for one another face to face. It was touching and heartfelt. Good Show!

Here's hoping there will be more joint projects for us readers to enjoy in the future, because I loved this story.
B chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
I'm sure you're both tired of my gushing by now, but I absolutely love this. It helps that I've actually read the Anya Makarova introduction comic online, knowing the backstory really deepens the drama with her scenes. One thing I really like about this story and the hints in canon is that it's Piotr who worries Kitty will find someone she has more in common with like Doug, someone of her own age, education and culture, and not Kitty worrying that Piotr will get tired of waiting for her to 'grow up' and dump her for a girl who, to say it plainly, puts out.

And I had a really crappy day today, so finding this posted right now really cheered me up. Great job, Lia and Jeremy!