Reviews for Dawning
Gammily chapter 1 . 9/14
I’m excited for this!
mbravesgirl7 chapter 18 . 9/10
I really enjoyed the story. You brought out their personalities well and blended the couple perfectly
harlequin0324 chapter 18 . 8/16
This is a damn good story. There are times I stopped reading because I can't contain my feels. the kissing, the tension between them. argh. I just can't... Punching my pillows helped me to release those feelings. lol. I really love this. Thank you!
bjoskul chapter 18 . 6/21
Very nice! I saw that you really liked reviews so here I go. This might be a bit long, I had a lot of thoughts in this fic haha (though I was too engaged to pause and review after each chapter)

First off, thank you for the initial note regarding Chouji's death etc, it helped a lot knowing where we were in the timeline and where the story started diverging from canon (and also explains Shikamaru's grudge towards Sasuke pretty clearly, as is hinted on by Tsunade but never mentioned outright in the fic)

Secondly, I'm a Shika/Saku-fan, so I was thrilled to see such a long fic with that pairing. The way you wrote both of them was very interesting, and very close to their canon personalities - Shikamaru obviously clever but still with that weird chauvinistic side of his (which I personally do not understand... it doesn't make sense. He argued well but did not completely convince me) and Sakura extremely strong and skilled but anxious and unsure when it comes to romantic relationships. Both their reactions to the realization they found the other attractive were hilarious. I love a good "oh no they're hot". In addition to that, you made it obvious through the scenes where they interact that they plain enjoy eachothers company. I think you built their relationsship fantastically, they fit really well together :)

Thirdly, just some general thoughts:

The plot was very well thoughout! The pace was good, the differenting perspectives felt natural, and there was just the right mix of action, politics and general drama. Akatsuki trying to create psuedo-jinchuriki is very unique, yet totally in-character. Why they're doing it though... I'm as confused as Itachi. Itachi's acting was interesting too; but very congruent with how I'd expect him to act. I doubt any of the Akatsuki are actually all that loyal towards the Akatsuki leaders. Maybe Kisame, assuming he's put his trust in Pain. The rest of them are wily bastards though.

I'm really glad Ami survived. I hope she'll recover from the damn hell she's been put through. Didn't think people would care about an OC, huh? :D I'd say people tend to do care about OCs, especially if they're well-written. Ami in particular is someone in distress - of course I want the main characters to help her. The order from Gaara to kill the infant was very interesting, in a philosophical kind of way. I got to contemplate the morality of it all, together with the characters.

That starting scene with SasuSaku was so uncomfortable, in the best way. Sasuke being so incredibly influenced by the seal was another genius move on your part, imho. It's obviously that his psyche is.. not 100%. His whole way of thinking is skewed (always blaming Nara). It was interesting those first chapters to realize that he didn't remember the Incident with Sakura - it made the situation less clear cut, less "Sakura was taken advantage off" and more a fucked-up situation all around. He's literally mentally impaired. Not a good thing for a ninja of his caliber to be, really. His yearmates are right in that his rehabilitation hasn't really worked - he's obviously open to Tsunade, as she can help him, which probably make him act more "normal" (for lack of a better word) with her than with everyone else. As evidenced by how rude he is to Shikamaru in the beginning, for literally no reason. He was already a douche, the seal just amplified it. Also, him being confined to the village, like that, and Chouji dying - it obviously affected Naruto somehow, which was very interesting to see. He's more mature here than in canon, and not as obsessed with Sasuke. Look, I'm rambling! It was just a really good fic
chrislea85 chapter 18 . 5/23
Just wondering if you’re still doing a sequel.
I think I’ve reread this story several times since it’s been completed and I still love it each read. I wish there was a sequel TT
Sak chapter 18 . 3/7
Itachi is the spy wow
Nice chapter. Thanks for your time!
Sak chapter 17 . 3/7
I loved their confessions and their nervousness and it was all very real and very sweet. Well it wasn't too sweet and for that I'm glad
Sak chapter 16 . 3/7
Superb chapter. Really well done. Totally enjoying!
I don't love Temari but awwww
Sak chapter 15 . 3/7
Omg so much stress and tension and battle scenes! Very well done!
Childbirth! You can do it Sakura! I wonder how they'll complete their mission of kill demon baby?
Sak chapter 14 . 3/7
I love the different pov and enjoyed the fights! Wow very well done!
Sak chapter 13 . 3/7
You write every scene so well!
Totally tense
Sak chapter 12 . 3/7
Omg.
What a debate. As a woman I was siding with Shikamaru. Thanks for keeping him shirtless and sakura distracted by it mmhmm.
Omg.
Itachi?
Sak chapter 11 . 3/7
Shikamaru could have said a bit more... Like he was wanting her.. so bad. . Haha... Ok ok he said he wanted to kiss her and more and I will be happy with that..
You wrote Sakuras anger very well
Sak chapter 10 . 3/7
Omg Temari is too much! Asking questions that are way too personal.
And now ugh Sasuke knows about Ataksukiiiii