Reviews for Behind Blue Eyes
Jake Crepeau chapter 35 . 6/16
Wow. You portrayed this so well, I could almost feel like I was there! You've really captured what it's like to sit at home and wait for all wives of soldiers everywhere (and now, husbands, too...there's something deeply disturbing about that...). You also brilliantly linked the Second Wizarding War with the Holocaust, which was exactly what Rowling herself intended, with the Registry and the death camps. I especially liked the connection with the Diary of Anne Frank. (Didn't she name her diary "Kitty" after a friend of hers? Been so many years since I read that book...)
Jake Crepeau chapter 34 . 6/16
Pity you've probably never heard the WWII version of "Merry Little Christmas;" it would have been perfect for this chapter. It goes like this: Through the years we all will be together/If the fates allow/UNTIL THEN WE'LL HAVE TO MUDDLE THROUGH SOMEHOW... I grew up hearing it on my dad's old records. To this day, I've never been able to make out the words that they sing instead of that line now; they're always too garbled. Something about hanging something on a star?
Jake Crepeau chapter 26 . 6/15
For the sum total of your medical knowledge having come from TV, you did pretty good...and I worked in a hospital for twelve years, so I should know. ;D About the only thing you mixed up was a few chapters ago, when they were worried about Kitty being too cold. You used the word hyperthermia; the one you wanted was hypothermia. Hyperthermia means too hot.
Jake Crepeau chapter 25 . 6/15
Okay, so she saw the ring and he obliviated her. But there's a reason she can see him when no one even knows or will acknowledge he's there yet. And I know that's not right, either, but there's something awfully strange going on... Shadows? Shadows of the future? Huh...And there's that little though she had earlier, "I should have been here." We she born magical, but her parents refused magical education, so they were all obliviated and her magic suppressed? I don't know; I'm just clutching at straws here...
Jake Crepeau chapter 24 . 6/15
Aww, she just doesn't understand Centaurese. "Pluto is hidden" means no, death isn't coming for him; and Kitty's future being undecided simply means they haven't been able to determine how she figures into things yet...or maybe the stars aren't revealing anything to them about her. Or maybe the Fates are still making up their minds. But since she never really learned much in school, she doesn't know who Pluto is, except maybe the Disney dog, and she truly doesn't understand "highbrow" language.
I really like the way you've written Kitty. I've known people like her, and she is very realistic for the kind of background you've given her.
Jake Crepeau chapter 13 . 6/14
L-o-l-a Looo-la. Except, if I remember the song right, Lola turned out to be a guy in drag! ;D
malikmi95 chapter 36 . 6/3
emotional rollercoaster
Overdramatic much?
AbsenceOfTruth chapter 27 . 5/5
I’ve come back to this story, it was one of my first real fan fictions and I really appreciate the title you gave this chapter. “I can’t be a wizard, I’m Harry, Just Harry.”

You’ve done an amazing job writing this ️
serenaonthestar chapter 15 . 4/9
This is so different yet so brilliant! Thank you for sharing this!
OtokoNoRomance chapter 36 . 3/6
Finished reading Behind Blue Eyes for the second time this morning. I love it. One of my favorite Harry Potter fics. I love how beliefable it is that Harry would fall in love with a girl that has no magic. That knows him only as 'just Harry'. Thanks for writing this I really enjoyed it! I'm curious why you didn't just go with your original version of the epilogue though?
WakandaForever chapter 36 . 3/4
I loved this story. There were some small, nit picky things, but it was an amazing story. The sheer amount of characterization really put you into the eyes of Kitty and Harry, and their relationship was fantastic. Ignore the haters around here; they don’t know what they’re talking about. 99/100
stylo1 chapter 1 . 2/24
yeah this is going nowhere 430k for 1 summer harry walking around like a chicken without a head. he has enough money if he simply leaves to the states or africa he can just live in the middlemof nowhere with magic to take care of himself, aint that hard, but nooo he goes like a runaway muggle
stylo1 chapter 8 . 2/24
run to the muggle they are following preform your hero act (read act tough whilr get beaten up) wait 1 day go to diagon to get your tracker removed (because he knew thats possible all along ofc) get your money at gringotts.
let me explain why this is beyond stupid, the only one you have contact with they dont know is the first where they will look, the hero act well thats just canon harry, while you are waiting 1 day they can use the tracker so thag should have been the first step, if by some miracle they havent found you yet they will be all over diagon looking for you so picking up money is a no go. and ofc how can i forget you need to go to the unspeakeble aswell while i dont think its a trap, i would have thought so if i was in his situation
ArtHouse chapter 36 . 2/17
I've reread this fic a lot over the years, and I'm not sure I can convey how much this fic means to me. You've said before that people told you that they liked Kitty when they didn't like other OCs, and I honestly think that that's because you went to a lot of effort to make her relatable. We all have had fights with friends that we can't go back to, and some of us have fucked up so many times with regards to drugs that we don't even know where to start, but throughout all that, you showed this wonderful character who didn't have any special powers or anything, and you still showed her growing as a person, and I think that that certainly has a beauty to it. I'm sorry I can only favorite this once because trust me when I say that I've accidentally done it like four times now
1,895 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »