Reviews for Behind Blue Eyes
Another Guest chapter 34 . 4/26
As another recent reviewer pointed out, every great story has flaws. This one loses tempo at some points (chapters 21-27 by estimate), the canon-like parts towards the end are less captivating than the rest and bring a little disappointment with what changed and what didn't change (to avoid posting any spoilers), the emotions in some later scenes felt a tiny bit forcefully amplified, the epilogue could have felt over the top.

However, that detracts nothing from this fanfiction's qualities. It is very different from any fanfiction I have read in the past. It works with emotions incredibly well. It makes the reader love characters, even those with fewer appearances in this story like "Pops", in new and different ways. And the ending, despite a bit of pomp, feels thoroughly satisfying.
Another Guest chapter 7 . 4/17
This is looking great so far. I am at the end of chapter 7 and I somehow couldn't hold back from writing a review even though I usually wait until I finish a fanfiction to do so.

To recount some of the strengths of this story without going into spoilery details:
Characters feel very human with all the complex qualities that go with it. They are thrust into hardships and they react in ways that are plausible and fit their personalities. And they give me "the feels". This probably doesn't sound like much but I tend to be nitpicky in reviews and this is something like a strong recommendation coming from me, please take my word on it.

My utmost compliments to the author, if you are still checking up on reviews once in a while. I hope you are doing well.
Chgrne chapter 7 . 3/10
This story has amazing depth of characterization. Also a manic pixie dream girl. Also absolutely everyone is insufferable. Like no one has any redeemable qualities. This story is a fucking slog to read, so I gave up. Psycho MPDG, weak ass Harry, overbearing and dimwitted OOtP... There's no one to root for. Except Voldemort, possibly, but I didn't make it far enough for him to be introduced.
I have been reading this obsessively for the last few days and have finally finished! This has been an incredible and thought provoking read. The originality of this story was such a breath of fresh air, and I don't think I've ever been so devastated by Tonks and Remus' death until reading this, because you could really feel the same shock and loss as Kitty. The story brings out so much personality and character into these people, and the tension between them was written so well. The fic brought in so many original concepts and ideas yet still felt grounded in the HP universe. This fic has given me a lot to think about, but I just want to convey what an incredible experience reading this has been. Within the past 8 years of reading fanfics, this has definitely got to be one of my favourites.
CSPTolkien chapter 34 . 1/10
Every great story has flaws. This one has many. However, not many stories have I ever felt such an emotional connection with.

For those that haven’t grown in a similar situation to Kitty, can’t fully comprehend her thought processes. They’d scoff at her behavior, her insecurities, doing what she thought she had to in order to survive. But for those that do understand, you know full well the mentality that creates for a person. You feel broken, like you’re not good enough for anyone or anything. Unlovable.

Again, while the story is flawed, particularly towards the end, where we switched right back to Canon, the sheer impact that this story has had on me, and realism you’ve portrayed in a world full of magic, cannot be argued.

So, thank you.
Incantations7 chapter 34 . 11/24/2021
While the relationship aspect of the story was incredibly long and drawn out, I kept with it and I’m glad I did… 30 chapters to just go through the summer between the 5th and 6th year was a bit much, but it was still necessary for the overall story, but the ending was still phenomenal to read…

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing your future stories…
Incantations7 chapter 11 . 11/21/2021
After reading this for a few chapters, I think I have to point out that her name is Nymphadora, not Nymphmadora…
Marksbay chapter 34 . 10/31/2021
Rereading this has been a treat. Thanks.

Loved it. Hope to see more in the future
Kit Willow chapter 10 . 9/30/2021
Ok, I got to say. This is a nice story premise and all but please check out your SPAG. It could do with a bit of editing. Know when to use "your" and "you're". They are two different things and you mix them up most of the time. Other than that, just some other minor things here and there. So, you're good, like I said; nice premise
Trey of the rebellion chapter 34 . 8/13/2021
I've had such a time consuming this story over a period of 2 weeks. This story has made me feel quite a few different emotions, and I'm all the better for it. The work and dedication that went into this story over the course of 15 years, starting in 2004 and ending in 2019, was nothing short of incredible. Thank you for writing this story, I have greatly enjoyed reading it.
Guest chapter 34 . 7/27/2021
Whew glad that's over! Too much angst, too little plot.
Guest chapter 32 . 7/27/2021
Except for the kitty parts word for word from the books. Imagination couldn't stretch far enough eh?
Guest chapter 26 . 7/27/2021
Harry should have told fucking Moody the magical world could go screw itself if he obliviated her
Guest chapter 11 . 7/25/2021
Dumbledore trusted the Dursley's. Like hell. "I knew I was condemning you to 10 dark difficult years", that's what Dumbledore told Harry. With those words Dumbledore freaking admitted he knew Harry was abused by them. I am not a Dumbledore fan!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/25/2021
What the hell happened to andromeda. All this story is is angst. Having a little mystery leading to a reveal is all well and good, but the way you're writing it is just confusing as hell. Plus your grammar sucks. See ya
2,050 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »