Reviews for My Torture Ends a Week From Now
Disgruntled reader chapter 7 . 3/12/2012
You truly are an imperfect paradise. you keep doling out these wonderful wonderful paradise of stories and never complete them! (frowny face)
Windona chapter 7 . 7/9/2009
Great work! Please update this chapter this year!
Sakura Takanouchi chapter 7 . 3/1/2008
I've forgotten how much I liked this piece. It's very well done; the scene with the limo is my favorite. Slight comment: is she 'technically' Kaiba's girlfriend? Looking at the summary, it makes me wonder how far along their relationship will go before she has to live at Pegasus' mansion. Don't leave us hanging, I want to know everyone's reaction to the contest!
Setalina Muro chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
Yamiko, did i ever tell you that I love you? Well, I do. You make me giggle.

I loved this chapter. Kaiba's reactions were both humorous and startling and i can completely understand the part you wrote in A/n 2 (although your authors notes are just kinda hanging around there, i can guess where they're supposed to live.). And poor Shizzy. Next chapter for the announcement! Yay. (here's hoping.)

This line alone had me laughing for quite a while: "“You didn’t enjoy it, did you?”

ahahaha.

Anyway. Til the next time (wehn you aren't busy and i'm allowed to download yahoo messanger again.
Snowy Ptarmigan chapter 7 . 1/7/2008
Wow, I am totally surprised you actually continued this, it's a miracle really. *gets all bubbly and hapy*

BUT WOW, I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!

The scene with Kaiba and Shizuka was for the most part in character, and just plain loveable in my perspective.

But knowing Shizuka's gonna win that thing makes me flinch because man, poor Kaiba's gonna be pissed! And just when he opened up to her too!

Anyways, love ya! (You know what I mean *gives an accusing glare*) And pretty please continue because this is one of my favorite stories from you.

Peace,

ECP
Electric Fizz chapter 7 . 1/7/2008
OH GOD. I THINK I LOVE YOU.

In a platonic way, mind you.

You have no damn idea how happy you have made me! Sure, I had to go back and read the story from the beginning since it has been ages since I read it, but DEAR GOD it was SO worth it!

Ah, you make me want to know more about Tenma (and make me want to watch the Japanese version of Yuugioh too!).

The scenes and the way you have portrayed the characters as of far is highly amusing (especially the whole Anzu strangling Pegasus and Pegasus congratulating Tenma on his newfound hormones! -GLEE-)

Siegfried sure got fried by Kaiba. Poor man, but hell he deserved it.

Ah, I love the recent chapter as well. The limo scene was very plausible and believable. Screw the fluff; I can totally see Kaiba just simply doing that when least expected.

Where you ended the chapter made me weep though! I so totally can't wait for the next installment! I'm so glad you're back to writing, even if it's now and then! I'm hoping for an update; don't leave me hanging. ;)

And sorry for my pointless banter, I just can't help but ogle your impeccable writing skills and character portrayals!
Spirit of The Gauntlets chapter 7 . 1/6/2008
*explodes from joy* Oh-my-gosh, it LIVES!

Loved the scene with Kaibi and Shizuka in the car, the only thing that sort-of nagged me was a little doubt that Kaibi would be that open...then again, it's been ages since I looked at anything Yu-Gi-Oh! related so I could be wrong. OH-MAN, I can just see his face when he finds out Shizuka wins! *falls out of chair laughing*

Anyway, having gained some more experience with the real world I can appreciate the effort you put into writing this update. Thanks, Yamiko!
GlimerOfhope chapter 7 . 1/6/2008
Now, can you finish it? what an interesting question? Well I wonder if it will work was actually avery nice as a chapter and it was nicer to see this story again. Do it again!
GlimerOfhope chapter 6 . 12/15/2007
Aside from the fact that this story is so well written, I mean you have some vocabulary...it seems (to me) realistic and plausible as if it could really happen in the actual show, though Shizuka is such a weakling, I'm sure she might have some fire in her. Her character was not really in the spotlight but still, she was blind and...

Anyway I'm not sure if this story will see the daylight again, but I do think it's worth the time and effort.
moonlightning3 chapter 6 . 10/11/2006
Gr8 story! Could you maybe put some more SxS in the next chapter? And what does Tenma look like? My book store hasn't gotten Yu-Gi-Oh R yet, (grr) and I would appriciate a description, if it's not to much trouble. _ Please update soon!
ilhem chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
I like the way you put the plot. It's very enticing since it seems like a eventual other begining to the story of yugioh. I can(t wait to read the next chapter and the end of course.
Tatsumaki Aphrodite chapter 6 . 8/20/2006
Your story couldn't have come in a better time than now. I was just thinking about quitting fanfiction due to my current addiction to Taiwanese dramas (esp. "Devil Beside You"). Mike He (that devil) is too hot (currently adores Mike x Rainie)... I was recently drowning in depression because the ending (DBY), although a happy one, was very unsatisfying (it's the little things that gets me). I lost interest in writing and everything else... up until now. THANK YOU, YAMIKO! Your update made my day.

Sorry it took me awhile to review, due to my recent condition and my lack of knowledge for computer. The interaction between the three teenagers was very comical, especially the fight for control. Pegasus is very in character despite the unique condition he was placed in, having to deal with an enrage teenage girl. My favorite parts of this chapter were the last and second-to-last sections (esp. the last scene with Pegasus and Tenma), which pulled me back to the world of fanfiction (to tell you the truth, I was really out of it when I first read it, it took me while to get past the first three sections).

Anyway, good job and I won't hurry you in updating because I know you are pretty busy preparing for college and such. Although, I would've loved it if you update another Shizuka next (particularly the old ones like "To Freeze Her Heart" and "Crimson Descends"). Once again, thank you.
Spirit of The Gauntlets chapter 6 . 8/19/2006
RROFLMAO! I LOVED the way this chapter ended! That is just the sort of thing Pegasus would do! I almost fell out of my chair there! And way-to-go Kaiba-sama! He kicked major butt in this chappie. Me LOVES IT! (big grin with two thumbs up) I didn't know the toon monsters had swearing habits, though. That's an interesting bit of info. _ All in all, an excellent chapter.
Setalina Muro chapter 6 . 8/19/2006
Wee! Am i really the first to get here? Awesome.

Ah, Yamiko, my dear friend, I bet one can barely contemplate how completely awesome this chapter was. So hilarious (now who's smoking what, eh?) I completely adored Author Notes Two and Three and still marvel at the amazing grasp you have on the way technology works.

Ah, such violence. If only I had not been left with dubbed 'Ziegfried'. I might actually feel sorry for the poor bastard. xD

I must completely applaud the last segment with Pegasus and Tenma. Perfectly done. The best part is I can completely imagine Pegasus doing that before the shot freezes in a watercolor print and fades to black (Some episode ending...I wanna say either Sailor Moon or Pokemon, but I'm not entirly sure. Its been too long since I've seen either) Anyway, toally awesome. You were definatly on when you wrote this.

For a small critque (because I know that 'I' for one am driven insane when people don't at least offer some semblence of advice, lovely as praise is) I'll say that somewhere in the jumble of skillfully worded sentences and charming phrases, Kaiba-san identifies Otogi as a 'looser' which, I believe, should be 'loser'. Just one of those stupid words. I do it with 'choose' and 'chose' all the time. (and get comments like this so often, I've actually started picking up on them. lol)

And in a heartfelt attempt to pry you from your 'Shizuka-rut', I think you should work on 'Quondam Paradox' and/or your charming Crownshipping fiction, 'Intricate Minds'.

Now, dare I inquire why you don't like your own fictions, Yamiko? I daresay there aren't many people who disagree with your amazing word placement and tackful plot outlines if that helps at all.

Anyway, tons of love and hearts for this chapter. Have fun in college!

Lina
Tatsumaki Aphrodite chapter 5 . 5/14/2006
I actually really like this story (I think I mention this in the previous review but...) I never thought I would've read it but I was like "What the heck, let's give it a try!" It was (unsurprisingly, since was written by you) good! I just didn't expect it to be this great. I'm so happy you update!

I like it aside from the Kaiba/Tenma fights but the intricate situations you put them in and Shizuka's development. I think it's worth reading. Sorry I was slow on the review, I have lots going on right now.

Have a great graduation!