Reviews for Only By Chance
Becky chapter 12 . 1/25/2005
Aw, I wish it wasn't over. :( This is a cool AU. Sometimes I think if Seto didn't go with Kaiba he'd be a sweet kid or something, but you're right, if he's challenging people to chess games he's got some gumption. It's not such a stretch for him to be cold and calculating even without Kaiba beating it into him. Bad stuff at the orphanage could be responsible in starting the transformation just as much as Kaiba being a jerk. I just don't know if I buy the killing Kaiba thing though. I mean he didn't even kill him in the real thing, Kaiba jumped. Coldly calculating and murderer aren't the same. And he's a total sociopath if he's unaffected by pushing something to their death like you made it sound. In the sequel he should kill all his new friends for being annoying or push his brother down the stairs or something. ;) I mean I don't think a kid could even watch someone jump and not be deeply affected. Plus he barely knew Noa before, where did this need for justice come from? If there was something similar in his past, like something that would explain Seto's reaction to Pegasus hugging his brother "inappropriately," then it'd be more believeable that he'd go around killing people for justice. Anyway, I still think it's totally cool and I'd like there to be more, like Yugi getting the puzzle and all that sort of stuff. Good job! Keep on writing!
Sakura-chou chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
I agree with the others. More!
MagicmanSmokegirl chapter 12 . 12/7/2004
You know what? You deserve a standing ovation! *stands and applauds* Author! Author! Encore!
Hamilcar chapter 12 . 12/6/2004
Great job. Really loved the whole story. Ergo...

For you. _
Sakura-chou chapter 11 . 12/1/2004
Yeah, that Mai thing's interesting. Something tells me that's gonna cause trouble.
The Psychotic One chapter 11 . 11/30/2004
Sorry, I've been kinda busy. High school sucks! I've not been able to cath up on stuff. But, now I have!

...NO! WHAT DID YOU DO? POOR MOKUBA!

Suzaku: O.O ...but...but...

RAWR! YOU CAN'T LET EITHER OF THEM DIE! YOU MUSN"T YOU HEAR ME? ...erm...sorry. I'm done.

Ja ne!

The Psychotic One
MagicmanSmokegirl chapter 11 . 11/29/2004
Ah, thank you. Though I notice that Kaibs is being a lot nicer to the gang. Maybe Mokuba will come through after all.
Hamilcar chapter 11 . 11/28/2004
Another great cliffhanger. _ Poor Mokuba. But it's nice to see Seto getting along with Yugi and friends. Also interesting that Mai was called "Mrs. Crawford." :-D I look forward to the next update! And... I promise I'll update soon as well. . *is a lazy slacker*
Taskemus chapter 10 . 11/24/2004
O.o cliffhanger! I hope whoever it was didn't die, but I have a feeling they're dead. T.T also have a feeling that it was Mokuba, since when I read those last few sentences the picture I got in my head was of him x.x

I feel pretty bad for Pegasus now.. keep writing!
Sakura-chou chapter 10 . 11/24/2004
Seto hung back with Pegasus, the others walking ahead...

Since Seto was outta the way, why do I get the nasty feeling it'll be Mokuba?
Hamilcar chapter 10 . 11/23/2004
Whoa. Just when everything seems to be coming together... Dang. Those guys just can't catch a break can they? And now the burning questions... who got hit and what is Pegasus going to do about it... Nice transition into their relationships though. :) Great park scene. Bravo.
MagicmanSmokegirl chapter 10 . 11/23/2004
ARGH! Curses! Dang it! Al the other words I want to say but would be too impolite! *slams head into wall repeatedly*
Hamilcar chapter 9 . 11/15/2004
Yes, that is indeed a most excellent twist. :) And just like Pegasus figured out Seto so did Seto figure out Pegasus' original plan. Interesting. I can't wait to see if this makes them closer or eventually drives them apart. Keep up the good work. _
Sakura-chou chapter 9 . 11/15/2004
This is a good fic. But what's up with Seto being mad? I thought that happened after Gozaburo trained him? Anyways continue!
The Psychotic One chapter 9 . 11/13/2004
OKay, this is by far the newest plot twister I've ever witnessed. What the frickin heck was that?

Suzaku: Admit it! She's stolen your title for evil plot twisters! :P

-_-...no fair. Anyway, this is one of the alternest pairings ever, so I'm watching htis. You must update soon.

The Psychotic One