Reviews for Permutation
vampireyuri 22 chapter 7 . 8/14/2014
love this story please continue this
firecaster-hikaru chapter 7 . 7/20/2014
really like your story as it has great humor and fun but there are some areas that i really dislike. one of my dislikes is the fact that ranma still sees akane as some potential lover. having ranma meet the sailor scout and spending time with them is what i like but i what i really dislike is the fact that ranma still sees akane as some potential lover for marriage.

i dislike this because from what i have read in the manga akane always jumped to conclusion and always hit ranma without getting the facts right. to me this is literally abuse and even the people that he was around during his time in nermia and in his life abused him as well. in fact it was so bad that i wish setsuna would use her influence to literally jail them because from what i see they do not deserve someone like ranma who was as i see it, abused and literally hit on by everyone in his life or even abandoned. in fact i am rooting on the fact that ranma will fall in love with one of the senshi because at least with them ranma can actually be with someone that trusts him and will not constantly hit or abuse him like akane, because without trust in a relationship it will not survive but instead will destroy a relationship.

i say this because even ranma has a limit on how much abuse he can take and if i were him, i would have literally snapped and ended everyone's lives or badly crippled and tortured those who has contributed to his problems. i also hope that ranma will fall in love with one of the senshi's instead because they at least showed him they cared and never treated him in disgust or intentionally tried to cause him harm unlike the people in nermia.
Less Wrong chapter 6 . 6/4/2014
It feels surprisingly good to read about Ranma finally getting some emergency psychiatric care.
serenityselena chapter 7 . 5/17/2014
interesting story...
hope you will continue it :)
timunderwood9 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
"I will be giving all personal names in Japanese order (family name first), because that's what the names are. However, everything else will be in English unless I can't find a reliable translation, because that's the only language I have in common with most of my readers. Among other things, this means: Girl-Ranma, not Onna-Ranma; Happosai is referred to as a pervert, rather than a hentai; and so on."

You know, I find the question of just what to do in Japanese a bit interesting (made more so by my inability to stop myself from trying to increase how much Japanese I understand in my current anime kick, despite thinking it is largely a waste of time and attention).

I don't really have a very developed opinion on it, beyond your approach being much better than the opposite approach of using as many Japanese words as possible. For example in Sailor Moon fanfic I've read over the last several days a lot of stories have Mamoru calling Usagi 'odango atama'- which is a phrase I hadn't even heard since I didn't start watching the sub till they switched the casts at the start of season 3 (and Mamoru's pet name for Usagi at that point was Usako).

On the other hand, mentally if you hear the character referred to as 'Mamo-chan' whatever enough times that is how you automatically think of them. Still translating it into bun head would unambiguously be superior.

Place names of course generally shouldn't be translated, though something along the lines of tenth street should.

I do think though the honorifics is actually the most usable part of Japanese- its hard to get quite the same sense in English, since we never had informal honorifics like chan, and our equivalent of san 'Mr.' or 'miss' has largely fallen out of use (I think the current use of Mr. might be kind of close to sama). Though when I watched the dub of Haruhi Suzumiya recently (which incidentally is a *better* translation than the sub) just using 'miss' got the impression across without being intrusive.

Ummm, also good story concept, something which is a bit different than a lot of stories, Ranma's reaction as basically a victim of abuse is a bit touching, Pluto's non omniscience is also fun to see described. And of course kitty-chan was kind of adorable.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/1/2013
Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAKE!
Claire Danielle chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Damn I was so looking forward to more of this, I really wanna see how this ruse goes.

Considering Ranma's "Friends" and "Family" especially Nodoka's views Ranma needs to cut his/her losses, none of them are worth going back for.

Loved how Hoppasai's plan back fired on him hehe.

More please write more
Guest chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
Akane has bee pretty nice. certainly nicer than rei treats her boyfriends (as pack mules)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
yuck, all sailormoon cross over are corny, especially if its ranma
a-d chapter 6 . 2/15/2013
"Eeep!" squeaked Ami, realizing after a moment why he must have twitched so hard when she touched him. Still, somewhere under the miles-deep flood of embarrassed chagrin, she felt oddly proud of being able to make a good-looking boy react like that. This thought was immediately dog-piled by her subconscious before she really became aware of it.

Subconscious Mind: "Aw hell no."
And promptly summoned the idea of a football team who instantly dog-piled the thought.
Spica75 chapter 7 . 3/30/2012
Ack, this story having been left in the middle of a not quite cliffhanger? Dreadful!

Please do return and add to it. _
anon chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
You aught to just throw ranma up top and ax akane, becase In most chapters she's mentioned all of 10 or less times and is doing absolutely nothing critical to the plot
Ranmaleopard chapter 6 . 2/11/2012
Nysk chapter 4 . 11/13/2011
A shame you have not added to this story.
Dani Mars chapter 7 . 10/7/2011
Could you please update or send me any chapters whether finished with edits or anything cause this is the first Ranma fanfiction I really like and would love to read the rest of this story. Especially with where its promising to go!