Reviews for Flint And Fire
This was heartbreakingly lovely. Great work.
alina chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
This was so painfully cute! And I loved the way you wrote Caranthir. It's true that Tolkien and fanfic writers(myself included)kind of ignore him for his more...spectacular brothers. But I'm awfully fond of him and I've got this picture of a sweet, down-to-earth Caranthir in mind. You know, tall, dark and handsome, but still cute as hell because of that rosy complexion.

All in all, you managed to create a Caranthir that's very close to my heart.

I love the way you write. Thanks for this story and for not getting graphical on the Elf/Dwarf relationship. The beard thing kinda squics me. :)
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Caranthir does seem to be the odd one out, and I love the way Kila talks. This is gorgeous. I'm sniffling.
Noldo chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Wonderful style. I'm in awe of just about everything about your work, but I especially adore the way you write.

The beginning of this actually made me empathise with Caranthir, which I can assure you is a rare thing. I always thought of him as a bit of a git.

Kila's dialogue actually made me giggle, especially 'Pelf'.

And finally - ah, the ending. I'm as much in awe of it as I was in awe of the beginning. Well done you.

Finally - are you all right? I know you live in this country, but I don't know where.
Burntchicken chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
Hey.

Cute story, but I read somewhere in the "Silmarillion" Caranthir though dwarves were ugly little beings not worthy of his high-and-mightiness. Well, there's an exception to every goddamned rule.

Gorgeous though... I felt a bit sad when you wrote that Caranthir was kind of the 'odd one out' of his family and wasn't brilliantly talented in something like his brothers. And I liked the fact you didn't go overboard on the sentimentality in the story too. :-p

Keep writing!
the surly mermaid chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Somewhere in the Halls of Mandos, Caranthir is fuming, but ignore him. This is such a sweet story. Kila is so sensible and earthy. I like how "painfully obvious" Caranthir is. And I love the name Lamp Folk for the Elves. This is going on my favorite stories list.
Lalwen chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Did you ever know that you're my hero?

I don't know how you do it but wow. This is incredible - you already know I think that, but it bears repeating.

Love!