Reviews for To Absent Friends
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Thank goodness it didnt happen like you morons think. Neji and chouji didnt die! So fuck you!
Tsiuq chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
I... like it.

I'm not sure why, but a dead characters AU fic forgoes dialogue admirably. It really worked for me.

just so's ya knows.
niver chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Wow, I had to stop a couple times through this to take a couple deep breaths; this horribly depressed me.

Very in-character, could see it happening if those two did die.

RiikiTikiTavi1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
You brought out a lot of emotion in this fic. I've read many "what if?" stories with the scenerio of a losting a teammate but what makes yours different is that you don't focus as much on the grief. You actually write about the moving on process and I like that very much. It's realistic because if Chouji and Neji hadn't survived that Sasuke retrieval mission, I could picture everything happening just as you wrote it.

I especially love this little paragraph:

Lee wonders sometimes whether Neji can see them from where he is now. He's sure he heard someone say that about those who'd passed on once. When he brought it up with Tenten she told him it was nonsense, but as he figures it, if there's anyone who could see them from wherever they go, it's Neji. After all, there's never been anything much he can't see. He's even started using it as an extra motivator on those rare occasions when he starts to feel like he can't quite make those extra two hundred push ups - wouldn't want to look slack if his rival might be watching. Wouldn't want to look anything short of the absolute best he can be.

That is so Lee.
whitealmond chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
great fic about what could have happened had they died _
lenkiri chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
this i could imagine canon. i like how you've characterized Shikamaru: especially since for all of his character's simplicity, he's often written as /angry/. and ridiculously hormonal. here, he has a very accurate lull of tranquility to him, and the quiet grief of all of the characters is handled well. Ino, i dont feel like strangling. she's human in this piece. good story. :)
JBMcDragon chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Hey there! Farli rec'ed this fic to me, and man, I love it. May I archive this?

(still under construction)

Fille de Tsuki chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
I really like this fic! I can't imagine why it doesn't have more reviews; not enough exposure, maybe?

It's sad, but with a distinct sense of moving on. I like that a lot. For some reason, I especially like the bit from Lee's perspective at the end.

Well conceived, well executed, and well written.
Queen Dopplepoppleous chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Wow, that was really, really good. I love your writing style, and everything was well thought out and executed.
The Prime Minister chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I don't care if it had to be an AU because of recent manga chapters, this fic was wonderful. You did such a good job flowing from one character's point of view to another! What great fun that was, even if what the characters were feeling wasn't necessarily happiness. You really did a great job of showing a lot of people's reactions to the tragedy without overdoing it. Quite an artful piece, and I really enjoyed it.
panuru4u chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
woah. very well written...seems a bit stream of consciousness, but it is good. I think this is a great short.