Reviews for Career Advancement 2: Downsizing
yamiduke13 chapter 9 . 3/20/2013
Aw poor Spike. This made me want to cry. You did a fantastic job with it though. Amazing it was.
LinZE chapter 9 . 5/2/2008
I've really enjoyed this series - the concept of Giles as a Vampire is facinating...

in any case, I do hope you get the inspiration and chance to continue

thanks for sharing

xLx
Son Of Evil chapter 9 . 3/4/2007
Wow. Wasn't expecting Dru to be killed. Not sure how I feel about it. There are many plot lines and stories within stories that her character would make very interseting. On the other hand, the reactions of Spike and Ripper (who already had issues about her leaving) and what thy'ew going to do in grief have me drooling at the mouth. Look forward to the next chapter.
Lamiel chapter 9 . 2/10/2007
I'm so happy to see this story updated again. The tension and mixed emotions between Angel and Spike and Xander are wonderfully done. Pity about Drusilla - but I'm more sorry for Spike's grief (and oh, what a lovely description this is, "The pile of black leather and misery...") than I am for her. The battle was a climax of one of the themes running through this story, and someone important needed to die in order to do justice to it. I'd rather it were Drusilla than Spike or Giles. I suppose it's foolish of me, but somehow I keep thinking that you'll find a way to restore Giles to what he was. I can't bring myself to believe that he'll be a vampire forever. Maybe the nerds will even have some part in restoring him . . .? Foolish, I know, but I can't help hoping.
Son Of Evil chapter 8 . 10/9/2006
Hmm. The plot's still interesting and the character interaction is still enjoyable. More sub-plots are being developed. I hve no complaints :)
Louvil chapter 8 . 10/9/2006
Many -Hmm,well,not many,but a good chunk of... authors have good writing skills,it's cool...I like their 's entertaining.

Fanfic's for fun,right?

And a very,very few authors do KNOW how to write/craft a only a good fic but a original and intriguing and coherent and solid and smart...They have !

So...Plot,characterization,pacing,insight,dialogues,humor?...

Perfect!

Great-And I mean great!- job!

Now I need to see how you're handling action-packed sequences.*G*

Soon?
Lamiel chapter 8 . 10/8/2006
The levels and layers have been so well interwoven in this story, and every chapter seems to draw the net a little closer. So we have watchers, Angel's gang, the Scoobies, Spike and Giles/Ripper's gang, and this bunch of out-of-town vampires all circling each other, learning more about each other's schemes and plots and counter-plots. Oh, and we have the nerds too. Somehow the Buffybot doesn't seems so disgusting when it's Warren rather than Spike planning to make it. I guess I expect that kind of juvenile stuff from Warren.

H'm. I wonder where the nerds were, if they weren't at the Scoobies' graduation? Maybe they were in a different graduation class. But I thought I remembered Jonathan being there . . . oh well.

Oh, and lovely little details of the various magic spells Willow is doing, almost casually, and Tara's reaction. You can almost see the darkness growing in her, fed in this case by her contact with Giles and Spike.

Things are really getting big. When this thing goes down, it's going to be epic. I am greatly looking forward to it.
Lorien Lupin chapter 7 . 9/16/2006
Oh my God! This is a great story, really great. I think I’ve read the whole “Career Change series” and all the “Career Advancement” that are available in a day. Great job, very well written and quite complex and rich in plot lines; it’s not something easily found in fics, and I’m glad I found yours. You know? I watched the published’ date on the fic when I started reading but didn’t notice the update one and thought that there was not hope for me reading the complete thing. But then I saw the update date, and I have hope again, so you are going on my author’s alert and my favorite’s list.

Great story, keep writing please.

Lorien Lupin
umino-gaara chapter 7 . 7/4/2006
The whole chapter and that last line...very good. This is a most interesting series.
Son Of Evil chapter 7 . 6/7/2006
Love it
Lamiel chapter 7 . 6/7/2006
I'm so glad that you're continuing this story, no matter how long it takes. And I love what you've done with the dynamics between Xander, Spike, Angel and Giles here. Xander's psychology is just so twisted around itself . . . his last comment, 'better to be used than to be useless' gave me chills. And I wonder, how will he play out in this story? Might he help Spike's side? And how much influence does that bite give Spike over him?

Very well done. And, even if you do like the pairing, thank you for not having Spike and Xander end up in each other's arms in this chapter. Not that I object to the idea, at least not with Xander the way you've written him, just that I think it's more realistic to go slowly. It keeps the political power struggle at the center of the story.
steve chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Spike's disgusting drooling over Xander does count as slash. Pls warn the squeamish like me who especially hate vamp sex whether gay or straight. Spike should just be dusted & forgotten in a merciful world. Failing that, a warning would be nice...
umino-gaara chapter 6 . 5/27/2006
Where have you been hiding all this time. I've read CA1 and this so far and they are just so WOW! I'm going to read the earlier ones next. I really like all of your characters :)
Son Of Evil chapter 6 . 5/26/2006
Yay! Another chapter! I re-read the whole story to get into it again. After reading the ending bit where Skipe asks if he should swim I checked out you homepage on the chance there was more, and was happily reading when I saw there was. I was suprised that xander got some life back so fast, but these things happen. I remember Spike saying bit by bit a piece of your soul gets chipped away, or something, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new effects this will bring. And the vampire being to stupid to take off his boots was priceless LMFAO!
Lamiel chapter 6 . 5/23/2006
You're back! Hooray! I can't tell you how pleased I was to see that you'd updated this wonderful story again. This felt a bit like a setting-things-up chapter: getting Buffy et al out of town, a mysterious spirit bowl on the loose, and reminding us of all that has happened in this rich, fascinating, engrossing universe. Something big is coming, I just know it.

And Xander! And Spike! Squee! Oh, I cannot WAIT to see what happens next!