Reviews for Activity Holiday
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This story is such a hoot! Just delightful from the beginning to the end. Your opening take on flight attendants’ spiels in space is hilarious: “Starbuck checked. Yes, indeedy. There was a life jacket under the seat. That could come in very handy if he fell through six light yahrens worth of space and had the great good luck to find a convenient ocean just sitting there waiting to cushion his landing.” (snerk!) Then the absolutely brilliant practical joke! It’s good to see Apollo turning the tables – and Starbuck getting had. Hilarious line from Apollo on the drive home afterwards about Starbuck dropping Adama’s name, too! I was still laughing as much as Apollo at that point! Also, the contrast between Starbuck's low expectations for his holiday and the warmth of welcome he gets from Apollo and his family is nicely set up and gives insight into Starbuck's character and position.

You cleverly signal Apollo’s frustration through the dialogue and descriptions, which is tricky to do since the story is told from Starbuck’s point of view and he’s too uncertain of his place to be sure of what he’s seeing. It’s nice to see Starbuck begin to put two and two together and figure out what’s going on. Ila, I think, has it figured out already and is enjoying watching the process. Though we don’t see a lot of her, she’s very appealingly drawn. The resolution of the story is amusing and fits the characters of the two guys as you’ve set them up, and maintains the light tone. It’s lovely to see pre-Destruction Caprica and Apollo’s home life: I love these kinds of stories. Great job!
Biene chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I can't tell you how many times I've already read this, but still every time I can't stop myself from laughing... The scam Apollo pulls on Starbuck at the beginning is just fantastic. I also like Starbuck's interaction with Ila and the display of how different our couple really is. To sum it up: Very well done! :-)
rubydoo chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
your welcome and i enjoied this very you
Archet chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
I don't know if you're still checking this for reviews...I've just gotten interested in this fandom, and this was really adorable. I love Starbuck and Apollo here, and esp. Starbuck dressed in leathers! No wonder Apollo couldn't keep his hands to himself. Very sweet fic, thanks!
AnnaO chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I'm still reading reviews - thank you! I;m gald you enjoyed it.

I DO wish that had the facility to reply to reviews without adding to them!

A
Someone chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
I don't know if you (the author) is still reading these reviews, but I loved it. Great humor.
StarryDiadem chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
What is it with me and homosexuality? Dunno. I enjoy exploring different aspects of the characters, I suppose. Gay people are a fact of life - these stories are a what-if sort of exploration. And the ones I post here are innocent enough.

Can I ask a question in return? Not to be snippy, but because your question echoed a long diatribe by another slash hater who carefully went off and read ALL of my stuff, presumably to stoke up his indignation to even greater heights. The irony of his actions were apparently lost on him.

What is it with people who don't like or are uncomfortable with slash, who go on to read the story despite the warning in the summary? I don't read things that I don't like - mpreg or bdsm or silly "slave" fics being the prime examples - and I just have to see those warnings in the story summary to pass them by. And it's not as if I could make the summary any more explicit than I do. I'm just interested, that's all. Email me away from here if you want to continue the discussion! My emails on my profile page.

A
flip62 chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
Interesting story, but what is wit you and all the homosexual stuff?
Luna chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Very nicely done and funny too.