Reviews for Godzilla vs Cthulhu
SpartanCommander chapter 6 . 2/15
Radiation doesn't kill Godzilla in fact at times it has actually revived Godzilla. he also feeds on it so the more radioactive the better for him their is all indications in any Godzilla verse that Godzilla would thrive on Radioactivity if you want to reach levels leathal to godzilla then in order to do that it would have to be levels that would literally bake the planet.

Godzilla is also the embodiment of a force of nature and you can't simply kill a tornado you have to ride it out.

Also here is one thing to think of with Cthulhu it never before encountered a being that could fight it on it's own terms. Godzilla on the other hand has alot of experiance with fighting not only equals but also Monsters bigger, stronger, and More powerful than he is.

You in some ways having a fight between an experianced fighter vs, a powerful complacent fighter.

He would likely have no real idea and it would come to a complete shock that Godzilla is that powerful.
Snake MacReady chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Very good story! You recreated Lovecraft's writing style very well without being ridiculously overdescriptive. Mentioning a main character's possibly mysterious death at the end is also a nice touch.
The Raiders of the Lost Ark reference ("top men") made me lol.
Khaymen chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
Loved the story, though I seriously doubt Godzilla died. He is probably sleeping too, dreaming his dark dreams.
Khaymen chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
Great story so far! I love Lord Cthulhu and King of the monsters, Godzilla! Your writing keeps it interesting and you're very inspired, taking stuff from Lovecraft and the Godzilla movies. Can't wait for the ending!
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
That was cool.

The slowly mounting horror, the amazing descriptions, and the one giant lizard who refused to back down, even in the face of the mightiest of the Great Old Ones.

Honestly, you can only really sum it up like so:

Godzilla punched out Cthulhu.

Yeah, just ponder that last sentence, and tell me that it doesn't sound awesome.
Some1Else chapter 6 . 6/8/2012
This was definitely unique. It maintains a fair degree of readability. Switching perspectives was a little jarring, but the narratives made up for it. Summarizing the mythos was a nice touch because Lovecraft can be hard to follow at times. More time was spent on that than Godzilla, which tips the balance of the story more in Cthulhu’s favor. It’s assumed that a reader might know more about him than Cthulhu, which is only a minor nitpick. The fights between the monsters were done well enough. I chuckled at Godzilla’s reaction to Cthulhu, but his fear was necessary. Crossovers can go wrong very quickly, but I think this one did fine.
Gundam Kaiser chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Okay, I've never read any Lovecraft before, but this seems to really capture the feeling and narrative style associated with him (or at the very least, it sounds like a novel written in the mid-to-late 1800s), and it's pretty damn creepy. Which, since you were probably going for that, is a good thing. I can't wait to see whether the King of Monsters will reign victorious in the next chapter - which I'll get to read in about five minutes.
starspawn07 chapter 6 . 6/9/2011
nice. I was thinking of doing a similar story, but you've done it far better than I could :)
Ian Greene chapter 6 . 3/20/2011
Long live Godzilla, King of the Monsters, Bringer of Armaggedon, Child born of the Nuclear Flame, Nature's Avatar, Destroyer of Humankind. And all hail Cthulhu, mightiest of the Great Old Ones, High Priest of Yog-Sothoth, Sleeping King of Dreams, King of the Rapine, Brother of Hastur! Both Godzilla and Cthulhu are by far the greatest monsters ever imagined. I sense your respect to both of them.
ShadowCub chapter 6 . 5/28/2010
fantastic!
mynameisthedoctor chapter 6 . 4/11/2010
Did Godzilla die immediately or does this story make itself the set-up for Godzilla versus Destoroyah?
mynameisthedoctor chapter 4 . 4/11/2010
Is 'Director' Serizawa briefly mentioned in this chapter any relation to the doctor in the first Godzilla movie? Great, now you gave me this weird idea of the old ones in the ocean getting killed by the oxygen destroyer. That would be EPIC!. Also, even though this story is finished and I haven't finished reading it yet, it would have been cool to see Mothra in this story communicating telepathically as a cameo seeing as she is also considered a diety. I really like this story.
devilrose87 chapter 6 . 4/4/2010
I just kinda stumbled onto this story by accident, courtesy of Tv Tropes, and I have to say this was a very good read. Did a very good job at creating the atmosphere for the story and...well...Godzilla fights Cthulu. That's all that really needs to be said.
Razell chapter 6 . 11/11/2008
Your depiction of Cthulhu is incredible, how he changes form and coloration, how he is so above other, earthly beings he does not even notice them, including his own followers. He's not so much evil as amoral, he just lacks the ability to sympathize with lesser beings. He's not blind, however, and he recognized Godzilla's threat, once he'd proven himself a threat, small threat though he was. You've made a great vision of R'lyeh and Cthulhu.

You've also captured Godzilla well, instict, rage and primal energy wrapped inide a gigantic, radioactive fire-breathing dragon.

As I started reading the story, I thought, 'Man, I'd like to see Godzilla fight a Shoggoth! That would be a battle!' and I wasn't disappointed. Wonderful work!
Mickey1980 chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
I actually think you got the right tone for Cthulhu rising - made it scary as [expletive deleted]... and how hard is it to portray the thought process of something so utterly alien as the big C?