Reviews for Losing Track
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Oh heavens...poor Piers. What an awful shock...

I'm...going to go cry now. But I cannot deny that this was well written.
Demeterr chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Wow... I read this story years ago. I had the urge to find it again (since I replayed the game)... took me so long.. and so many searches to find it. But it was worth finding it. It's a great story.
ShadowWolf087 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Oh cool. Awesome story, i really liked it. Seems like something that would happen, too.
Kanthia chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
Oh, gosh...that was amazing. Everything seemed to fit in perfectly- a repeating theme, yet at the same time a surprise ending following the same theme. It was magical.
Oracle Of Elements chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
*sniff* Oh wow! The emotion! The drama! It's so sad! Poor Piers and his silly sense of time. It must of been awful having come back to Vale and seen that.

This is a truely great story and I loved every bit! Give yourself a pat on the back, then write some more please.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
Oh this is so sad, doesn't make it any better I am listening to a sad song.

I have to admit, it is pretty good, although he is in such denial, even I sorta guessed.
Kd7sov chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Wonderful, yet extremely depressing. Poor Piers. Nearly endless life coupled with a "tendency to lose track of time", and the whole world changes around you. Extremely good work.
Ranscurse chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Oh wow. Not only are you decent, you are spectacular. Thanks so much for linking me.
Zaurak chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
Beautiful well writen, but so sad! Poor Piers; wonderful example of angst though. *claps hands*
Rozzlynn chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
To be so in denial, and mess everything up... The part where Piers looked at all the statues was perhaps the most powerful. To know that he's lost these people, and see him looking into the eyes of ghosts and not letting himself belive that they've left him behind, that those brave and bold figures are the only echoes left... So creepy, it just leaves you feeling lost and alone.

The graves finished it well, as you can see how strained his denial is getting. It drags on just enough to really make you feel sorry for him.

Loosing track of time... I guess he could only have solved that problem, kept it from loosing him so much that he'd cared about, if he'd kept himself around people who didn't lose track and could keep him grounded... But he didn't. So it looks like he's left Lemuria with a lot of trouble. I can just imagine, after months of chaos and confusion, the country's faces when they get that... that absent minded, carefree little note from their missing heir to the throne!

Oh, and I loved the way you wrote Conservato and King Hydros. You seemed to get the King just right (I'm kinda jealous...) and every mention of Conservato's name is used to such good effect, making the homecoming feel sort of... unhurried, a real Lemurian atmosphere where people can just forget about something indefinitely. No wonder Piers turned out like he did. Then the respect you gave him for Conservato, and the guilt... It adds a lot to both characters.

Usually, when people rebuild Vale, I get a bit annoyed (I hate how everyone just assumes 'New Vale' is the logical response... I did something very different, myself). You write it so that it works, though, partly because of the time & clues thing, and partly because it's just an empty shell for Piers now too.

Well, I hope that's a helpful review for one of my favorite stories. Sorry it took a while. I just... lose track.
Kuroya chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Wow. Just as good as "Immortal" was... Lovely story, it really drew me in, which is one of the qualities I appreciate most in writing.
Duderly Bob chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
*Sniff* *Sniff* Piers n-needs a wa-... wa-... Watch! *Sobs uncontrolably* That was amazing I really caught the brunt of the wieght of the story. Not to many people could pull that off. Heck I've actually laughed at some "Angst" Fics now I've caught the force behind the "Queen of Angst" Quite amazing bravo, well done.

Duderlybob
43501 chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
..That was.. just.. incredible. Thank you so much for that. *Tears in eyes*

(Add to faves)
El Hustino chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Wow...Poor Piers. That's so sad. I can't imagine anything more crushing or disappointing than learning that all your friends had died and you never got to see them because you were putting off visiting.

It's odd, but I enjoy the fics concerning the drawbacks of being immortal or having a long life span, like Piers. It's really sad.

This is an awesome and stunning story!
Uniswift87 chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
*cries*

This is a sad story. :( *huggles Picard* Poor baby.

I do, however, applaud you for writing this fic. Excellent job. :D