Reviews for Forward to Time Past
Bmp1218 chapter 1 . 12/31/2020
Hello. I'm one of those ghost fans. I don't follow or favorite or review. I just remember the titles/authors I like and search them periodically. And I love this story I have reread it probably 8 times or more...so I thought I should let you know. I hope you are still writing. Thank you!
AliceCulen chapter 68 . 12/9/2020
Wow, it seems appropriate to say it. When I chose to read your story, my first thought was "wow, there is 68 chapters". In fact, that was what I was looking for (because I only read very long fanfictions). Sometimes, when the action disappears or decreases I can stop reading a story. Actually when you began telling Spike's story when he became a vampire, I almost (almost) thought "this is it, it will be difficult to read the next part". But I was wrong, really. Spike is my favorite character, how could I possibly ignore his story? In fact I did exactly what I did with New Moon when Edward left (not my fault I don't particularly like Jacob and I wanted THE reunion and some excuses and a lot of love too), I quickly read all the chapters who dealt with his transformation (in one day or so) and I was glad because I loved them. Spike is who he is. He was a good man who used to be rather unfortunate with the others and regarding his love life. And you gave him a new perspective, angle... He has always been someone trustworthy (when you gain his trust and loyalty) especially when he loves someone and the idea he has always been loyal and in love with Buffy before his transformation... well, it was well played.
The reason why I kept on reading your story was, first, because it was well written and then because you succeeded in highlighting every Buffy's paradox:
- She wants a normal life and a normal man to be with but she knows that, because of her slayer's fate and job, she has to find someone who understands her mission, doesn't try to stop her or to compete with her
- She wants to be loved and can't be honest with her friends when they screw things up (and I was glad you expressed my sentiment about Willow and Tara's free stay in Buffy's house and the incongruity of asking her to find a job whereas they don't work themselves, about Giles who can be stupid sometimes and about Anya (who is at the same level in evil as Spike and Angel))
- She accepted Angel, whereas she learnt what he has done in his past, but she couldn't accept Spike for a long time
- She doesn't accept or acknowledge Spike's spontaneous loyalty and link it with his chip (or with Angel's soul) whereas, as you say in the last chapters, a man with a soul can do wrong and evil things and whereas Spike proved himself capable of doing right (sometimes in a twisted and strange way but right nonetheless) and he, sometimes, realized he did and was wrong without them (the aborted rape in "Red" episode shows it)
- She accepted Angel and Riley's help (although reluctantly in the latter's case) but can't understand why Spike helps her
- She can't see (during the majority of the show) what Spike has done for her and, in a way, why and that Spike loves her
And, finally, you gave characters the happy ending they (finally) deserved. So really, I'm impressed and I took a great pleasure reading your story
GreenBanshee chapter 68 . 12/8/2020
I really like your story except for the fact that Buffy is the whole time totally ooc. I think you beautifully crafted a nerdy, victorian William but it makes no sense that you made Buffy a little cute wifey person. It was somehow alienating. But overall I enjoyed the ride. Nice work!
SpikeMyShake chapter 68 . 5/24/2020
it's okay, but it's not for me. buffy doesn't sound like buffy much of the time. first half is Downton Abbey, last half is season 7. the rated M scenes mostly get glossed over. I wish I could have the time I spent reading this back.

sorry, author! I know you worked really really hard on this and managed to create an engaging story, it's just not what I'm looking for in a fanfiction. you have a lot of favorites and bookmarks and you should take pride in that!
lashawn chapter 8 . 9/18/2019
I find a bashful Spike to be utterly hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing at Buffy’s bewilderment at Spikes flaming cheeks over her simply touching his arm, especially when his reaction seemed more akin to her touching his butt.
writingtofly chapter 68 . 9/7/2019
This is an old fic so I am sure you probably won't read this but still, on the off chance that you doI aspire to be able to write a character's development like you have. The transition from William to Spike in Part 2 is so brilliantly done, so seamlessly, and so convincingly that it could even be canon. You managed to capture his mind and his voice perfectly. I am just so happy that I got to read this fic, so thank you for sharing this with us.
cloudsongs chapter 68 . 6/6/2019
Re-read this fic again and going through it a second time was just as rewarding as the first. there were definitely things I missed the first time around (maybe I was reading too fast). Seriously, it was a pleasure to read this story. So much thought and detail into everything in this story -you have truly delivered as a writer. It feels bittersweet to finish this story again since I've fallen in love with this version of the characters. It also feels sad because you haven't written for FF since 2011 but I hope you continue to write whether it is for Buffy or your own original works because you have a story telling gift!

Thanks again! Till the 3rd read-through, then
tbirdstar chapter 68 . 2/23/2019
So fantastic!thank you for sharing
SirenWrage chapter 68 . 1/24/2019
Lovely story! Well written! I loved how raw spoke was when it came to emotions. The part several chapters ago, where buffy’s On the ladder in the crypt and she moves her hand and he tenses up, turning his head slightly because he thinks she is going to slap him... I felt that part. I love your descriptions and I appreciate how different this story is compared to other spuffy fics. Great job.
Catulla chapter 68 . 1/5/2019
Omg this is without a doubt, one of the best fics I’ve ever read. So good! Got me dead center right in the feels.
Catulla chapter 29 . 1/3/2019
Omg I seriously cried, this chapter was so heart-wrenching.
red.masenko chapter 68 . 10/4/2018
That was... quite something? Amazing? Incredible? Fantastic?
The way you portrayed Willow.. selfish, arrogant, rude, irrelevant. That is how I felt about her throughout the majority of the series after she got her powers.
I love how you portrayed Dawn. I always thought she has so much more potential than the series showed. She was smart and she was cunning and her relationship with Spike was very important.
I'm not overly I'm love with your Buffy, I still think she was very out of character when she was in the past, bug that is just my opinion.
Your Spike was... pretty perfect in the majority of your story.
Thank you for writing this story. It made me very happy to read it. (Perhaps I would have loved an ending where she did end up pregnant but that is way unrealistic for Buffy). Thank you!
Crystalmoon2001 chapter 68 . 9/18/2018
Wow. Seriously the best Buffy/Spike fic I have read. It was truly amazing
cloudsongs chapter 68 . 9/15/2018
Wow. This story was absolutely fantastic.
When I first started reading, I was surprised and amazed at how consistent you were with your characterization of William. Even as a human and his insecurities, once or twice I thought “he’s acting an awful lot like spike...” and then the fact that you brought it back up when Buffy was trying to figure out if William was still there...Just perfect. It doesn’t feel like a single thing you’ve written in here wasn’t for a reason. This relationship felt so believable in that it was absolutely imperfect and that even though they have a happy ending, there is so much more to go through. The arguments and thoughts said in the story were very consistent AND believable to what the characters may actually say in those situations.
When Buffy was transported back to her time, I was skeptical of the POV change to William’s story but this was the best direction. I really felt for him and his struggles and it improved upon that argument that Spike was still William...just older and experienced.

You’ve done a really great job. I hope that after some time, I forget this story so that when I come back, I can re-experience it all again!
cloudsongs chapter 67 . 9/15/2018
Oh my god...you almost had me there! I thought after all this struggle, it was really going to end. I’m so happy for them!
1,469 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »