Reviews for Interlude
Bluetiger chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
Wow, dark Sheila and Bobby, all powerful Shadow Demon, you killed my favourite character (if only for a while), and Presto got an episode to shine.

I can't help but wonder if Shadow Demon will live up to his final threat, and what Venger is going to have to say about that.
Ronin-N-Gang chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
*Suddenly, the soft material of the Hat gripped his hand like a vice. Presto cried out, and tried to pull back, but it wouldn't let go. The pressure grew, and the Magician couldn't get away, the pain in his hand increasing exponentially.* The hat is eating him!

*Why was he back in the Underworld?* That’s what I was wondering too… Poor Presto…
C.Bell chapter 5 . 5/17/2006
Oh, fantastic! That was a great story, I was gripped from start to finish. The way you built up everything was great, I loved the alternate Realm and the idea that Shadow Demon ruled it (and that little unicorn skull...can I please fantasize that it's Uni's, even if it isn't?). The idea of evil Sheila and evil Bobby was a nice twist - I didn't see that coming at all. And I liked how you used Lorne and co, too. Everything just fitted together really well, and Presto's characterization was especially excellent.

So yes, really enjoyed that. Why it only has three reviews is beyond me, it deserves so many more. Off to read your other fics now. :-)
Aly Teima chapter 5 . 1/3/2005
Wow, you're an incredible writer. There are a lot of great D&D fics out there and I love the genre but you've really brought it back to life. Thanks for continuing to write the way the stories, characters and episodes should be. This was my favorite story so far, you really captured the raw emotion, I felt for Presto so much and its not easy to write dark, angsty stories without making them sound overdramatic.

Great handle on the characters, especially Presto and Eric, my two favorites. Please continue to write, the fans you'll get will be loyal I know it :-)

-Aly Teima
Rana Kane chapter 2 . 12/24/2004
I enjoyed this story. Loads of intriguing ideas! I'd love to comment on each one, but would hate to spoil anything for someone who might read the reviews first. :-D Very clever, creative, and imaginative, though, I can say that at least.

There was one main point I wasn't clear on. Was Presto sucked into an alternate universe/timeline, or did he actually change history? It definitely seemed that he was only shown by the Hat the results of an alternate series of events. Time stopped for his friends as he was "sucked" into the (other) Underworld, and simply resumed when he returned.

So, in the end, I ended up feeling for Presto mainly because there was no need for all his guilt (*if* this was a timeline he hadn't, and couldn't, affect). He had the memories of a different timeline, where his friends were fine. It was only in this new place where these versions of his friends were dead or suffering (the Presto of this other world was probably lying dead, or still falling, in that chasm, I would imagine). It seemed to me that Presto thought his friends from his time experienced and were experiencing all this, but were now OK because he "fixed" it. But he didn't "fix" anything, did he? He only recharged the Hat then it sent him back when he wanted things "the way they were before," right?

There was nothing in this unfamiliar timeline to suggest that either of the Prestos had done anything to cause all the misfortune. He wasn't responsible, he just emerged in the middle of it and felt responsible. (Reminds me of Hank taking the blame for Eric opening the Box.) He only *thought* he changed the past, right? And S.D. only *thought* Presto was about to ruin things for him. Could be that Presto simply vanished before S.D.'s eyes and nothing else happened. S.D.'s back in that other place still making lives miserable worse than Venger had.

Something to think about. And I could be entirely off. BUT, if you *meant* to stimulate these kinds of questions, and *meant* for them to be left unanswered... Well, then you did an excellent job! :-) Great story!

*Tosses fish to Sealgirl*
Tracey23 chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
*'Oh, please! This is too much! Any more sugar and I'll need an insulin injection!* classic Eric lol! loving Eric's one liners in this story hes the best!

The story is great, kept me interested all the way through, I'll look forward to reading the next part.