Reviews for Child of Grace
please update soon :)
DarkBombayAngel chapter 54 . 12/16/2010
I love it! Can't wait to read more! -
steffiii07 chapter 32 . 12/10/2010
I just realised something here, you called Holly a him, I was rereading it and noticed, it was this line

Holly hesitated for a fraction of a second as an epiphany struck him. "Me."

right when Holly was saying she bought the firebolt herself, anyway, I did love this chapter, and Remus reaction, I've also started reading They shook hands, Dethryl uploaded it to a while ago after someone tried to post it as theres
Rianne Black chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
you made me cried, this chapter is very sad!
Taure chapter 22 . 11/30/2010
Unfortunately, I don't enjoy your story much. However, I shall review since I have read a reasonable number of your hard-written words.

Fem!Harry is one of my guilty pleasures, and I've read some pretty awful ones, but this one - while technically better than many I've read - just doesn't grab me. I got to the end of second year before I simply got too frustrated/bored.

I think I have 4 pain problems with the story:

1. Pointless premise. If you're going to make Harry a girl, [I]do something with it[/I]. Don't just write a fem!Harry that might as well be male. We've got a change in attitude towards studying (though, despite receiveing consistently high marks, she never uses any magic we didn't see Harry use in canon), and that's about it. Study habits aside, she seems to have exactly the same beliefs and capabilities as canon!Harry. Those abilities she does possess that Harry didn't don't impact the plot (see problem #4). You've turned Harry into a girl. All right. Now show us that Holly is a girl. Honestly, you could find/replace "Holly" with "Harry" and the story would still read fairly seemlessly.

2. Super!Friends. Seriously. It was getting stupid by the end. Everyone has to be brilliant and hard working and caring towards others and tactful and loyal and possessing rare and wonderful talents. Bleurg.

3. Nice!Everyone. This also got stupid. Fine, yes, Slytherin doesn't have a copyright on evil. But it has a large stake in it. I'm not sure if there are any bad guys left. Everyone else has been turned into a misunderstood/blackmailed good guy. Even [I]Voldemort[/I] (diary Riddle) has become a good guy. We repeatedly hear about how "The Ministry" is so evil and rejects "The Old Ways" (vomit) and then repeatedly see the families of the most powerful people in Britain - the people who determine Ministry policy - bemoaning this. The same is true of blood discrimination. We're told that it exists, but are repeatedly shown that the prominent pureblood families don't believe in it. Which people, then, if not the Purebloods, are the people perpetuating these beliefs?

4. Plot devices with the subtlely of a hammer. We're bludgeoned over the head so many times with random coincidences and magical happenings to make things go the authors way. Those tingling feelings Holly gets when she touches people, the way she's "just drawn to" some people, the way knowledge is dropped into the laps of her group that will be oh so handy for the plot. I laughed out loud when I read Blaise say casually about his knowledge of animagi and horcruxes. It's just far too convenient. Other conveniences: Luna happens to be a mindmage too, despite us being told how rare they are. Holly seems to always lose/forget her abilities when they would actually be of use (i.e. when they should upset your desired outcome, your just ignore them). Stuff like the mind magic just seems to be there to make Holly seem more cool. She doesn't [I]do[/I] anything with it.

There are lots of other problems (far too much "tell" and not enough "show", exaggerated!abuse, Gryffindor bashing, lack of character progression - linked to problem no.1) but those 4 are, I think, the core issues.

At first I was frustrated at how closely it kept to canon. Then, in 2nd year, it started deviating, and the changes were so annoying that I found myself wishing for the canon rehash again.
Taure chapter 11 . 11/30/2010
""Oh, they won't think a thing about it really. They'll just believe it is my new obsession. Like Animagi when I was eight or ensouled objects when I was ten," he stated truthfully."

How awfully convenient.
kurgaya chapter 37 . 11/28/2010
You saved Sirius! Yay!
kurgaya chapter 22 . 11/26/2010
I think I'm going to like this 'probably good Tom Riddle in a diary' thing
steffiii07 chapter 53 . 11/22/2010
aggghhh I am such an IDIOT you won't believe what I did , so I was reading this story children of azkaban and I had a lot of trouble getting logged in I mixed the reviews up, I don't know if it showed up or was taken down but it won't let me review chap 54 again lol sorry heres the real review I sent last night... again im a idiot, sorry

for chap 54 (please don't kill Sirius i'll beg if you want)

ugh you wouldn't believe what i had to do to get logged in FF wouldn't let me after like 30 tries,i had to reset my password after waiting half an hour for the email, anyway, i got so excited when i got the alert yay,( I've been checking everyday for the last 20 DAYS LOL) the stuff with tom was cool seriously, and i loved the family tiff, and Hollys smirking at Sirius and Draco sining in the shower... I wouldn't want to hear that ever, great, no amazing story and with every chaper I get captivated even more, Im always re-reading this, I think I've probably read this more than any other fiction even the real HP books, anyway if your going to see DH have a good time, or if you already did yay, I hevent yet, im going on wednesday
Kichi Hisaki chapter 54 . 11/22/2010
Loved the dream-sequence. Wondefully written, if a bit confusing (but dreams are supposed to be like that, so it's all good).

Update soon!
sendo-tenshi chapter 54 . 11/22/2010
Yay! Update! This is really good! Keep up the good work!
Kell Shock chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Huh? I can't review your latest chapter? It says I've posted a review.

Did you change around the chapters or something?
Um. . .someone chapter 54 . 11/21/2010
New chapter! Woohoo! Thanks a bunch _ You totally just made my day. Great chapie -as always ;)
domsijohn chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
i still wish that holly will find a true love and am happy that she friends with everyone
domsijohn chapter 3 . 11/21/2010
happy to see that holly made friends and is smart but i still thibk the dursley should die
1,237 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »