Reviews for Polishing Silver
Eregnar chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
This was lovely. And a lot denser than a lot of fanfictions. Very well written, and poignant, and in character. :)
Kelana-ti chapter 5 . 12/16/2010
Steph is dead... sigh. That's sad, of course. But then again, she's not my favorite character, she dies in canon, and it adds angst to the story. Eddie telling Selina about the Cluemaster was a nice touch.
t wrecks chapter 5 . 12/9/2009
You ended this very well.
t wrecks chapter 4 . 12/9/2009
This must have been hard to write
t wrecks chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
this one is so sad
ladymirth chapter 5 . 12/18/2008
I loved this story as much anything else you've written, and Alfred is a God among men. But I think you got a bit heavy handed with the P.G. Wodehouse style. Alfred doesn't need to be Jeeves to be awesome. Although of course, it seems rather fitting, because Jeeves is kinda like the Sherlock Holmes of butlering and Sherlock Holmes is the greatest detective in the world, which is a tile he shares with Batman and Alfred has been known to be called "Batman's Batman". Rather like a "gentleman's gentleman".

I'm reaching, aren't I?

And also, I thought Steph died at the hands of The Black Mask?

At any rate Aunt Dahlia is going to be pissed that you hijacked her prized chef for your fic! Having Anatole turn up in a Batman fic made me feel like I'd stumbled on to the crackiest crossover ever! And yes, that's a compliment!
24isover chapter 5 . 6/4/2008
bats just keeps putting his foot in his mouth, doesnt he? anyway my money's on alfred to get these two engaged before the next hell month! really supes direct approach just doesnt cut it. looking forward to reading the next ones.
24isover chapter 3 . 6/4/2008
that was extremely nice of selina, supes, and jp. i love that stephie's death is being handled in such a solemn dignified manner. awesome alfred. he's the glue around this whole bat family, isn't he? how he can diffuse a tense situation with the simple civil act of pouring coffee.
24isover chapter 2 . 6/4/2008
oh my god. that was so sad. poor poor stephie. the chapter had such a solemn ring to it. and the reactions were all spot on. well done.
24isover chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
love this butler! yes. those two really are married even without the piece of paper. sweater. how much more of a married gift is that.

sneaky subtle alfred and his redecorating scheme. i'm curious to see where this goes.
araiday chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
If anyone deserves the moniker of "Superman" it should be Alfred Pennyworth. Thank you for a story worthy of this marvelous character.
jarec chapter 5 . 7/10/2007
I like this story very much for a number of reasons. First, you take an overlooked character and let us view things from his perspective. Second, it revolves around Alfred, my favorite Batman character. And finally, its what I like to call Flavorsome (I.e you feel as though the character were actually telling you these things, in this case most likely over a cup of well-blended tea).

I know its a lot to ask, but is there any chance of a sequel?
Nightarcher210 chapter 5 . 10/22/2006
Okay, this and "Red Cape, Big City" are now my two favorite Cat Tales. This was absolutely beautiful, and if you don't have any more stories from Alfred's perspective, I hope you plan to write some soon. I loved the chapter titles, loved the way he described the funeral, loved the way he referred to himslef as "one." I also thought it was great that Tim and Alfred had such a good talk at the end, and I adored the story about the brick. Absolutely brilliant and beautiful and so very happy-sad. I think I'll wait to read "Perennials" for a little bit, and just let this one digest.

Ciaomeow, and toodles very much.
Nightarcher210 chapter 3 . 10/22/2006
That was beautiful. I'm glad that someone paid attention to Cassie in the end, and I still love Alfred's perspective. And I also like that Jean-Paul is turning out to be not such a bad guy. I absolutely loved when Clark just "passed ove Aberdeen" to get the shortbread. Very sweet and incredibly well-written. I want to finish this story, but at the same time, I don't, because it's just that good.
Nightarcher210 chapter 2 . 10/19/2006
I was kinda wondering when Stephanie was going to die. How did it happen, anyway? You're obviously not taking this directly from canon, so I know she didn't betray their trust and steal the plans for the big criminal take-down. But I like your way better. Good chapter. It was appropriate for Alfred to be the one narrating this time.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »