Reviews for Your Refuge
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I liked the story and the snappy dialogue. They don't sound like angels at all, but real people and I like that,too.
P.A Lewis Brown author of The Whistling Ghost. Can you check me out. and say what you think.
Erin chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Two words: finish it! It's a good beginning, rest assured, but please, please finish it!
KatsuraKotaro chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
I was considering the joys of having Javert as a guardian angel ... as long as he didn't try to be my conscience, it probably wouldn't be so bad.

I'd like to thank you for reviewing my fanfic, I really loved reading your comments.

Now, to yours ... it's a lovely concept, and is a great opportunity for you to really build upon many aspects of Javert's intriguing character. I like the way this first chapter ends on a revelation. It's always a great way to make your reader anticipate the next part.

One gripe though ... the idea of Cosette as an angelic figure scares me, a rabid Eponine-fan, witless. Apart from that (which isn't a hige problem) I like it! I'll definately read on. Oh yes.
Shadow13 chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
AmZ -

I think you might not have read the other two that come before this one. If you did, you simply didn't review them *tear* It makes way more sense if you do read those first. Like why he's hanging out with Cosette, for instance. Most of my reasoning as to how he acts now comes from the two previous fics. He's going to become slightly more chummy with someone whom he litteraly went through Hell and High Water with, and is forced to sit with every week. So, um, yes, that's basically it...
ArgentineRose chapter 2 . 10/21/2004
Bit of a mized review this one. On the good side I do like the Javert/Cosette interaction. It's just like Cosette to be worried about veryone, even someone as curmudgeonly as Javert. On the not so good side, I do wish you'd stop having the characters speak in 20th century American vernacular. It just feels wrong

Please don't be discouraged by my quibbles and keep writing!
AmZ chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
okay, i can sort of buy this set-up... i guess... very sort of... but *lordy* this needs work! this needs work like an unwed mother of seven needs work.

1) why in god's name is Javert so chummy with Cosette? where is this coming from? for that matter, why is she even in Heaven? didn't the book end with her and Marius being the only two survivors of the Tome?

2) in general, this has little in way of "fanm" component. substitute the names "Javert" and "Cosette" for any others, and nothing at all is left to remind one of the Les Mis aspect of this piece.

3) grammar is highly iffy and at times completely baffling. e.g.: "'Don’t you think you can stop being snide for at least it?'"

4) if the story demands that you inform the reader of the change in P.O.V. from third person omniscient to first person - i.e. if the reader can't figure this out on his own - then something is not right with the story.

good luck.