Reviews for Porphyria's Lover
LunaBlue1882 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Not sure if I have reviewed this before but it is a great story. You put the the back story that Joss has added to Angel over the years to wonderful use.
Red Dawnn chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
Where did the quotation marks go?
lolly chapter 15 . 6/15/2012
Really enjoyed reading this story. It was so well written and intricate, loved it.

Off to read the sequel..
Nic chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Chap 5: Honestly, not a great fan of all the vampiric sex scenes. I like a good smut, but these I found it hard to relate to. I may be wrong; did Angelus and Spike have a sexual relation in canon? Many have written that and I just can’t see it.

’and lumps of red mush that might have been hands tossed on the bed’

Oh YIKES!

Funny how the blood disappeared as the vampire got staked. But it makes perfect sense.

’Angelus had a burst of inspiration. "She could be like a daughter…"’

I could see how that could work. Genius way to get Drusilla onboard. :)
Nic chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Chap 4: 'He could hardly wait to see those eyes darken with lust and flash hot rage while she clung to him shaking from passion and hatred. This had to be one of his better ideas.'

He is so damn clueless, isn't he?

'His voice was harsh and thick when he whispered against the cut, "Do you have any idea how your blood tastes? All that anger and fear make it spicy, and your innocence makes it insanely sweet. I could get drunk on you. I wonder how you would taste with all the pleasure I can give rushing through you?" Angelus could imagine spending hours playing with her nude body and placing his mark on her thighs, belly, and breasts while watching her hate him, yet need him, desperately. There would be no devoted love like with Drusilla, or even love/hate as with Spike. He would keep her bound to him with hate and lust.'

Gah! I don't WANT to think of Angelus this way!
Nic chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Chap 3: Did you make up the story of the order of Aurelius? Or was it in canon? I don't remember.

"Angelus is not one of them. He is a Master with the death count and pedigree to prove it.

Ew! So he would have looked like the Master in the end? After some more hundred years... or thousand, however old the old git was...

'And when a vampire looks lifeless, they really, really succeed.'

More lols.

Poor Franz, does he mourn Darla? I like Franz. You wrote somewhere you imagined him like Ewan McGregor or someone else, do you still? Or can you feed my imagination with more candidates? :P
Nic chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Chap 2: 'It was odd, she hadn't ever been more scared in her life and she had seen some scary things; the Hellmouth opening, Cordelia the day after Thanksgiving, and Giles angry.'

LOL

'. If the strength in just his thumb was enough to bruise her and bring tears to her eyes she didn't want to imagine what the rest of him could do.'

And here we go with the hotness that I didn't really associate with neither Angel nor Angelus ( though the latter WAS a bit more... of everything...). You've spoiled me!

"I was planning on raping you, but then I thought about it. What would hurt you more? The fact that you want me desperately, while hating me passionately, or raping you and giving you fuel for your righteous anger? And believe me, you will be begging for me to touch you, kiss you… I look forward to seeing you beg."

I HATE that this turns me on! Grrr.
NicolinaN chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Ok, time for a proper review (or lots). I can't get out of your world right now, and I don't want to. I have this feeling that I miss something, that I met someone, or that something happened. Then I realize it didn't happen to me. I read it. That's how good you are. You make your reader feel as if they are there.

Chap 1: Nothing really scary happens, but I get the chills from the anticipation. Because knowing howing BAD Angelus is... and not even bad as in a antihero, bad-but-redeemable kind of way... he was truly the most terrifying thing Joss created in my eyes. And 'bang and drain'... 'gulp'. Knowing now, after reading both your stories, I also feel so sad for Willow and how her life is about to change.

I also, throughout the whole story, LOVE everything you put in Dru's mouth!

(I don't think I can get away with posting several reviews to one chapter as a signed in user, so maybe the rest for these first 10 chapters will be anonymous.) /Nic.
NicolinaN chapter 15 . 4/12/2012
I swear, I'm trembling. I've just read PL and TLM. Lost many, many good hours of sleep, have dragged me through the days too tired to function, only to get back to reading again the next night.

You HAVE to know how good you are! You have created a masterpiece. I didn't fancy Willow/Angel at all, I'd rather see Willow/Spike and I read that little fic of yours through which I found these gems. And I don't even care much for Angel, though his character did pick up in his own series later on...

The UST you present us with through both stories killed me. I so wanted them to jump each other, damned the consequences! And then Franz! Did you create him? All of him? I struggled to remember if he were in the series at all because he came so damn naturally. And then I totally wanted him and Willow together... You took my by my throat and led me wherever you wanted, missus!

Everything felt so REAL! Willow's despair, her parents' and friends'. It hurt so much to read about Sheila's and Ira's marriage falling apart in their grief.

Willow's recurring flashbacks to Angel pressing her against him as she drank from his writs made my stomach clench from need... I never thought I'd find Angel so sexy...

Poor, poor Willow when hell followed her to LA, but I almost died when she went to Franz... to get blood. My, my, my. Angel and Giles and all of them infuriated me then, and again you managed to be the puppet master because you led me right into every emotion so cleverly.

I couldn't believe you actually made Willow into a vampire! And I couldn't believe you DUSTED her?

And you ARE writing the third part as well? Right? Right?

Because she does come back human, I assume, like Darla did... (Makes me lol at remembering Drusilla and revamping 'grandmummy')

The action towads the end is marvellous! Both in Sunnydale, and then on the beach! I could picture it so vividly, I thought of the scenes when Cordelia was going to meet a very hopeful Angel on that cliffy beach... before that whole thing turned to hell.

I know someone else who writes original Urban Fantasy, I'll point her in the direction of these stories. You are wonderful! Writewritewrite!

It's unfair, though, had you been writing for Twilight (would you...? 'hopeful'), you'd had thousands of reviews. But this is a sleepy fandom, I guess. Or has lazy readers. I've been a lazy reader myself, for a long time, but you've given me so many joyful hours. That has to be acknowledged.

/Nic.
dhh chapter 14 . 12/7/2011
I can totally see why this story failed..LOL..

There's absolutely nothing interesting nor original about this story..I mean, the whole Vampire/gothic theme, so called torture etc was overall lame and not as DARK as you make it sound or read as..It's weak.

As for the pairing..MY GOD, there isn't even any hint of a W/A storyline/tension or anything.. A story without even a bit of romance is going to fail..That's just fact!

God, this story was boring.
Krylancelo chapter 14 . 9/16/2011
Hi! I really liked this, a bit really dark for my taste. It was good and if you have the next uploaded I'll check into it. Poor Willow!
deathgeonous chapter 15 . 8/26/2011
This was good. Really good. Great even. And like a lot of great and wonderful things, it semi defies description. I mean I really can not categorize this fic simply, nor would I want to. This was a very complex story, and one that I quite enjoyed. In fact, if this is the level of all your work, I could even see you going pro someday. Well, thanks for writing this, now on to the sequel, bye for now.
bearblue chapter 14 . 2/23/2011
I think, sometimes, they need a "review the whole darn thing," button, but I'll settle for the chapter. I just wanted to say that this was an incredible read, including the author notes. One can see the growth in the story. I appreciated the intricacy, the depths of the characters, and the careful folding of motivations and experiences into a whole. It was a lovely piece of storytelling. Thank you for posting and sharing it with us.
Mysticwolf1 chapter 14 . 12/23/2010
wonderful ending!

Willow and Angel had a nice moment together, and both of them have grown, and are at a turning point in their lives! Excellent!
Mysticwolf1 chapter 13 . 12/23/2010
I decided to try to review this chapter without signing in so that the system would let me review instead of saying I had already reviewed this chapter before.

I really loved the visions they recieved during the spell. It gave the characters a glimps at what could happen, but it doesn't have to happen because this fic is an AU anyway.

I can totally see Giles giving Angel a talk like that, but at the same time I think Angel would have come to this decision on his own. But that being what it is, I would still like to see more Angel/Willow interaction without the interferance of the other characters.