Reviews for The Stag and the Dragon
I love it!
Child of Dreams chapter 17 . 4/26
C3PO and R2D2...
Child of Dreams chapter 11 . 4/26
Hermione really needs to learn that things aren't black and white, especially where Vader's concerned...
rebecca-in-blue chapter 21 . 3/29
I can believe that this story must have been *very* challenging, but you pulled it off so well that you almost made it look easy! I have really, really enjoyed reading every bit of it. I'm sad to see it end because this chapter really left me wanting to see more of Sirius and find out how Harry's summer wit the new-and-improved Dursleys goes. Really wonderful work - I'll be sharing this at my forum. :)
rebecca-in-blue chapter 20 . 3/29
Oh, man, this story is all kinds of good. I can't get over Fudge's audacity here - he's even worse than he was in the series! I loved the suspense of everyone gathered outside their hospital room waiting for news on their recovery. I loved seeing Anakin reuniting with his loved ones and Harry with his parents and even losing his scar. This chapter feels so perfect and powerful and has a good sense of healing in it, too.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 19 . 3/23
Well, look at Dudley finally growing a conscience! Just goes to show that it's never too late. I wonder if Draco will get one too in the next chapter, or is that hoping for too much? I really love how you bring Qui-Gonn into this chapter; he is the perfect guy to be a calm voice in the midst of all this action. "Dust settling" chapters can be so fun, so I'm looking forward to rest of this, but I also really don't want to see this story end!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 18 . 3/16
Oh man, what a brilliant chapter with so many great comedic moments. I lol'ed so hard at the Weasley twins taking out Lucius Malfoy with their joke spells, and Dudley and Draco (of all people!) squaring off over who gets to take out Harry! I was a little nervous during Sirius's duel with Bellatrix, but so relieved that he lived through it this time - let's hope they all get to see the end!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 17 . 3/8
I loved Han Solo showing up - he is always such a hoot! I also liked the scene of all five of them together in Vader's office, even with Dumbeldore going all mushy about the "power of love" (as he likes to do). The ending scene of Dudley as a stormtrooper felt pretty weirdly unexpected, as did the female OC (I'm assuming) who helps him out.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 16 . 3/2
Oh man, so much to love in this chapter. I lol'ed pretty hard at the whole gang reading the most wanted list and discussing who had the biggest reward on their head! I also liked Dumbledore quoting President Lincoln and McGonagall still giving out lots of homework - both suit them so well. Not sure what to make of the Dursleys being roped into the end, but we'll see where it goes.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 15 . 2/22
Oh man, this chapter is good on so many different levels. I love Harry and Dumbledore teaming up to stop Vader from leaving and convince him what happened wasn't all his fault. The trip into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom (haha) and the Chamber of Secrets was so good and unexpected, and I loved getting to fear the prophecy about "the chosen one" in the Force. The parallels of Harry and Vader as the fulfillments of prophecies has been a theme throughout this story, but it really come out full-force here.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 14 . 2/17
What a great chapter. I loved finally getting to see Vader's Patronus, although I now feel kinda stupid about trying to guess what it would be earlier, when it was right there in the title all along. ;) Fudge was SO out-of-line trying to run the show again after what he'd done, but in a way, it was kinda funny, too. Also loved the switches between Harry and Vader's perspectives. I'm hoping he'll now move from Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker again.
Kelshard21 chapter 1 . 2/16
This is one of the best crossovers I've read you did an amazing job
rebecca-in-blue chapter 13 . 2/9
Wow, this is really turning all the time into one of those better-than-canon stories. I loved how you mixed a few funny moments - like Vader doing the Jedi Mind Trick and Ron's comment about a "stuffy daughter" - in with all the drama and action. I'm glad Vader has finally realized how little he ever mattered to Palpatine, although the depth of his sense of betrayal is sad. What an intense ending - it's hard not click ahead and read more!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 12 . 2/2
I'll admit I found the opening scene of Luke in the Three Broomsticks a little slow, but the second half of this story really made up for it! "something monumental was about to happen" was too true! The scene of the Ministry falling and Palpatine seizing control was so intense and action-packed, and I could just see and hear Palpatine pulling it all off. So like Fudge to put his trust in the wrong person, and he paid for it. I was surprised to see Umbridge trying to draw her wand against Voldemort, though - good of you to redeem that awful terf.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 11 . 1/25
I love that scene of every happy memory of Vader's getting sabotaged by unhappy ones - so sad and so fitting for his character. Curious to see what shape his Patronus will take!