Reviews for The Stag and the Dragon
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 21 . 11/7
I am glad that Darth Vader's supposedly Muggle machine works inside Hogwarts, despite magic.
Harry has something in common with Darth Vader? Wonder what... Voldemort doesn't try to seduce Harry to his side. Harry doesn't have children taken away from him. Well, both Voldemort and Harry didn't have the happiest of childhoods. Why is it that the Chosen Ones always have the worst upbringings? Oh, let me see... Tom Marvolo Riddle, Severus Snape, Harry Potter, Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker all could join the merry club of self-sacrificing heroes. Except that the timeline would have to be changed, a lot. Who would their opponents be? Gellert and Albus are certainly both fit to be Dark Lords (remember WW2), but wouldn't that cast Magical Britain, and Europe, into Dark Age? Unless Tom Marvolo Riddle joined the fight from early on - which is entirely possible, with his genius, and network of spying snakes. Terrified of Gellert's demon-summoning abilities, Magical Britain would move against a variety of dark magic and dark creatures, with allowances left for researchers who discover how to fight against the dark arts. Should James Potter decide to be an evil political genius (taking over the world without war), he can persuade Sirius Black to stay heir, and then Head, of House of Black, and use their positions and riches to influence politics into further anti-dark stance (sorry, Remus, but we have to hold back Fenrir, so anti-werewolf laws in force), with Peter being their rat-spy. Severus Snape, had he inherited Prince lordship, could find and create loopholes, cooperating with Rita Skeeter at the same time, and recruiting Gilderoy Lockhart the Obliviator to his cause - cause of equal rights for different species, fair trial for any criminal; developing further Veritaserum and Mind Arts to make sure that no evidence can be faked or pointlessly dismissed; more like a detective in the shadows than a world-ruler. Harry Potter, son of James, would see hypocrisy first-hand, and hide his parseltongue talent (or metamorphagus, or both) for fear of being called evil by his own family (Lily may be a distant relative of Gaunts through a squib, and James is definitely related to Blacks - who have metamorphagus talent latent in their veins); should Sirius Black give position of heir of Black house to Harry, Harry would appoint either Regulus or Andromeda or Narcissa or Bellatrix to be the regent (somebody not quite obviously dark, but clearly independent of Potter) after death (or grievous injury) of Sirius (he is reckless). There could be slow-moving romance of Marvolo and Minerva (Minerva apprenticed under Albus, even after Albus and Gillert were defeated by Tom; while Gellert was imprisoned, Britain was too far away from war to impose such a harsh sentence, and Albus got out with insanity defense; Minerva was always too interested in transfiguration to not take a promising student or two under her wing; and Tom is a workaholic, too), as well as secret friendship of Lily and Severus, and tutoring of Harry in logic and deduction by Severus and Alastor.
Leia?
Duel between Severus Snape and Darth Vader would be neat. These two have honour. Unlike the students who attack the stormtroopers.
Palpatine... Dumbledore is way too tiny a person to be considered your enemy. You could just aim your Death Star at Earth, and be done with Voldemort, Dumbledore, and Darth Vader to boot. But then, you would have to duel personally with Luke.
Wizards can use a lightsaber... If they are in touch with magic force?
Buying Fett... Fun.
Snorted electronically...
Darth Vader and Fett are going to surprise Palantine. Voldemort is going senile in his old age; not a Slytherin at all.
Palpatine is stupid. By speaking too much, he allows Vader and Fett to be allies, instead of having them fight each other uselessly.
Are Patronus corporeal enough to push Palantine out of the window?
Fudge giving up... That's a first.
Well, I absolutely agree with canon in that James bullied Severus. First of all, Severus was poor and James was rich. Second, Severus had nowhere to go for holidays, while James had a happy family. Third, James is a Gryffindor, and Severus is a Slytherin - in times where the rivalry of the houses is encourages, Slytherins are often classified as Death Eaters, Gryffindors often join Order of Phoenix... Fourth, Severus is Lily's friend, and James is trying to be Lily's boyfriend - though I am not sure if Lily is just one more in line of James's conquests, or really special; either way, the challenge of wooing her must have frustrated James to the point of taking it out on Severus (who made Lily happy, seemingly so effortlessly). Fifth, Severus and James having different approach to magic (foolish wand-waving...) doesn't help.
Draco was certainly more obvious about his bullying - I don't think that any of teachers found Draco's action nice or pleasant, given how Draco overused insults. But Draco didn't have help of several friends in his endeavours. If anything, Harry, Ron and Hermione are more similar to Marauders... in how they break rules, sneak around, visit Slytherin's common room, steal ingredients for Polyjuice potion... But at least, Golden Trio wasn't that vicious.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Llama Plasma Jig chapter 1 . 10/8
Whelp, LOL
brennan.mholmich chapter 2 . 7/28
That makes forty, not thirty. You almost had it.
brennan.mholmich chapter 1 . 7/28
I'm confused. Why would the Galactic Empire stay away from the Muggle World? Are you serious? I'm not sure if you know this, but the Empire was mainly non Force users.
Electron97 chapter 21 . 7/13
I cant claim to know much about starwars so i cant comment, on the way you wrote those characters, but from what I know of Vader, I was able to consistantly read his ines in the correct "voice", so make of that what you will. I do have to say I like prankster!fett and how the characters interacted.
Achille Talon chapter 21 . 6/1
Right, so the only problem with this is the absence of Horcruxes. But you know what? I think Palpatine wanted to be one step ahead of his new apprentice — just in case — and so tracked down the Horcruxes and destroyed them one by one.
1004.moony chapter 21 . 4/14
Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I wish I could write as well as you do... One can only dream.
Osmodious chapter 21 . 1/23
That was a really fun ride...you did mesh the universes together well, I think because you didn't overdo it, you kept it simple and didn't go down a road of technical detail that would be difficult to maintain and too constricting on your plot. I also liked your characters, who didn't get a ton of depth due to the shortness of the story, but more than enough to A) care about them and B) see them grow a bit. Your take on Vader was especially interesting, with him having a strong sense of honor perhaps remaining from his Jedi training (though maybe a bit more than he deserved giving some of his canon actions...then again, maybe some of those things haunted him to the point he understood what they cost him so he strives to be more honorable...eh, I don't know). In any event, I liked him, and many of the others. Really would have preferred Snape get some comeuppance, but he so rarely does (still can't figure out why so many love him and try to redeem him...he's irredeemable). Anyway, nice story, thanks for posting it!
Wonderful
Axcel chapter 13 . 11/23/2016
You know, a Sith could just devour the essence of a Dementor. It makes perfect sense. It isn't like they haven't created soul-consuming monsters before. Hell, one of them literally uses the pain of tortured souls as fuel.
Axcel chapter 11 . 11/23/2016
I sense Vader's patronus will be an angel-like Padme.
maartenvervloet chapter 21 . 11/14/2016
about Star Wars technology working, I'm working on a AU myself in which Lily Evans is a Jedi Padawan (born on Alderaan, not that she remembers much from it having spend most of her life until the Purge on Coruscant), she and her master (an OC Jedi Master Alhena Benari, Naboo native by the way, but the same thing counts as with Lily's Alderaan) end up deep in the Unknown Regions during their exile after the Purge.

Anyway, her lightsaber works just fine (and thanks to one of the Founders who may or may not have been Godric Gryffindor, the Hogwarts charter states that swords may be carried by students (the rule just hasn't been used since around Dumbledore's childhood, but it's still valid), anyhow, this means that Dumbledore can't forbid her carrying it as it is a sword). Anyway, my theory is that military equipment from Earth works as well, as long as it is radiation shielded. And Galactic stuff is more durable in general anyhow.

But about this story, it was unique, but in a good way
maartenvervloet chapter 18 . 11/14/2016
I'm pretty sure this is the first fic ever I've read in which Dudley becomes a Storm Trooper
Axcel chapter 11 . 10/29/2016
"This is madness"
Madness?
This. Is. STAR WARS!
Ethan Kironus chapter 15 . 10/23/2016
You did not just kill 3 of the most popular supporting characters in Harry Pottrr and Star Wars?!