Reviews for The Stag and the Dragon
rebecca-in-blue chapter 20 . 3/29/2021
Oh, man, this story is all kinds of good. I can't get over Fudge's audacity here - he's even worse than he was in the series! I loved the suspense of everyone gathered outside their hospital room waiting for news on their recovery. I loved seeing Anakin reuniting with his loved ones and Harry with his parents and even losing his scar. This chapter feels so perfect and powerful and has a good sense of healing in it, too.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 19 . 3/23/2021
Well, look at Dudley finally growing a conscience! Just goes to show that it's never too late. I wonder if Draco will get one too in the next chapter, or is that hoping for too much? I really love how you bring Qui-Gonn into this chapter; he is the perfect guy to be a calm voice in the midst of all this action. "Dust settling" chapters can be so fun, so I'm looking forward to rest of this, but I also really don't want to see this story end!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 18 . 3/16/2021
Oh man, what a brilliant chapter with so many great comedic moments. I lol'ed so hard at the Weasley twins taking out Lucius Malfoy with their joke spells, and Dudley and Draco (of all people!) squaring off over who gets to take out Harry! I was a little nervous during Sirius's duel with Bellatrix, but so relieved that he lived through it this time - let's hope they all get to see the end!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 17 . 3/8/2021
I loved Han Solo showing up - he is always such a hoot! I also liked the scene of all five of them together in Vader's office, even with Dumbeldore going all mushy about the "power of love" (as he likes to do). The ending scene of Dudley as a stormtrooper felt pretty weirdly unexpected, as did the female OC (I'm assuming) who helps him out.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 16 . 3/2/2021
Oh man, so much to love in this chapter. I lol'ed pretty hard at the whole gang reading the most wanted list and discussing who had the biggest reward on their head! I also liked Dumbledore quoting President Lincoln and McGonagall still giving out lots of homework - both suit them so well. Not sure what to make of the Dursleys being roped into the end, but we'll see where it goes.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 15 . 2/22/2021
Oh man, this chapter is good on so many different levels. I love Harry and Dumbledore teaming up to stop Vader from leaving and convince him what happened wasn't all his fault. The trip into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom (haha) and the Chamber of Secrets was so good and unexpected, and I loved getting to fear the prophecy about "the chosen one" in the Force. The parallels of Harry and Vader as the fulfillments of prophecies has been a theme throughout this story, but it really come out full-force here.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 14 . 2/17/2021
What a great chapter. I loved finally getting to see Vader's Patronus, although I now feel kinda stupid about trying to guess what it would be earlier, when it was right there in the title all along. ;) Fudge was SO out-of-line trying to run the show again after what he'd done, but in a way, it was kinda funny, too. Also loved the switches between Harry and Vader's perspectives. I'm hoping he'll now move from Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker again.
Kelshard21 chapter 1 . 2/16/2021
This is one of the best crossovers I've read you did an amazing job
rebecca-in-blue chapter 13 . 2/9/2021
Wow, this is really turning all the time into one of those better-than-canon stories. I loved how you mixed a few funny moments - like Vader doing the Jedi Mind Trick and Ron's comment about a "stuffy daughter" - in with all the drama and action. I'm glad Vader has finally realized how little he ever mattered to Palpatine, although the depth of his sense of betrayal is sad. What an intense ending - it's hard not click ahead and read more!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 12 . 2/2/2021
I'll admit I found the opening scene of Luke in the Three Broomsticks a little slow, but the second half of this story really made up for it! "something monumental was about to happen" was too true! The scene of the Ministry falling and Palpatine seizing control was so intense and action-packed, and I could just see and hear Palpatine pulling it all off. So like Fudge to put his trust in the wrong person, and he paid for it. I was surprised to see Umbridge trying to draw her wand against Voldemort, though - good of you to redeem that awful terf.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 11 . 1/25/2021
I love that scene of every happy memory of Vader's getting sabotaged by unhappy ones - so sad and so fitting for his character. Curious to see what shape his Patronus will take!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 10 . 1/18/2021
Oh, man, that scene between Luke and Vader in his office! It was so good and so intense that I could barely breathe - thank goodness for Fred and George showing up in the middle of it to lighten the mood. I also really love that scene of Vader brooding and walking through through the forest. Even though I'm pretty sure he's going to deflect back to the light side, you do a great job at having him agonize over what to do and building suspense.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 9 . 1/11/2021
Ooh, the plot is really thickening in this chapter! I love the opening scene of Luke having all these HP-related dreams. You've done a good job here at bringing out the parallels between Harry and Anakin, but I think there are a lot between him and Luke, too. And that scene of Harry and Vader in his office is so interesting. I love Harry just asking him outright why he serves the Emperor, and between that and Palpatine's grim final message, I can really see Vader being tempted more and more towards the light here.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 8 . 1/4/2021
Hagrid is always such a hoot, especially how he just shows up in the middle of that hospital wing scene here. How annoying (and unsurprising) to see that Fudge's head is still up his own behind as much as ever. I also love how easily Dumbledore recruits Fett over to their side just by offering him more money.
Temple Cloud chapter 17 . 1/2/2021
I'm surprised Dudley's parents even allow him to watch Disney cartoons, considering how averse to fantasy they are. (Incidentally, at one point you referred to Vernon and Petunia as Dudley's uncle and aunt, so you may want to correct that.)

The discussion with Dumbledore about the power of love feels ironic, considering that the one time Albus Dumbledore fell in love led to such disastrous consequences, involving his nearly turning to the Dark Side and culminating in the death of his sister, that he didn't dare get emotionally involved with anyone again. Sometimes I wonder if the founders of the Jedi order had had similarly traumatic experiences - and whether Dumbledore would have liked to be a Jedi. It'd be nice if he and Darth Vader could have a heart-to-heart conversation about their first experiences of falling in love - but it won't happen, because Dumbledore doesn't want to admit to being fallible either.

Harry in this story seems much more sweetly forgiving and compassionate (more like Luke Skywalker, really) than Harry in the books, who tends to be loyal to friends, compassionate to those he feels sorry for until they turn out not to deserve it (like Quirrell in the first book), and stubbornly hostile to anyone he has got off to a bad start with, like Snape (unless it turns out that he was completely misled about them, as with Sirius). Admittedly, his relationship with Darth Vader is helped by the facts that (a) Harry, unlike Hermione, isn't familiar with the Star Wars films and therefore doesn't have any preconceived ideas about his new teacher, and (b) Snape and Vader can't stand each other, so Harry is willing to like Vader for that in itself.
768 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »