Reviews for The Stag and the Dragon
Temple Cloud chapter 6 . 1/1/2021
Okay, striking at someone after a duel was supposed to have finished was cowardly of Snape, but I'm sure he was only doing what he thought was necessary. After all, several past Defence Against Dark Arts teachers have tried to kill Harry, but one who could potentially influence Harry to join the Dark Side is even more of a threat. I don't think he'd have killed Vader - interrogating him using Veritaserum to find out his real reason for coming to Earth, whether the Empire is allied with Voldemort (except that at the moment, Vader genuinely doesn't know about this), and whether the Empire has plans to conquer or destroy Earth, would be far more productive.
Temple Cloud chapter 4 . 1/1/2021
I feel sorry for the stormtroopers, definitely - everyone's picking on them, and even Dumbledore thinks it's funny. At least Hermione has enough decency to be indignant about it, but, as usual, nobody even pays attention to her. Not that Hermione is above cruelty herself, but at least with her real (if immature and simplistic) view of honour, there's a rationale behind it, in assuming that anyone who betrays Dumbledore's Army DESERVES to be hexed, rather than just randomly being spiteful to people because they can't defend themselves.
Temple Cloud chapter 2 . 1/1/2021
Yes - it's not surprising that there's a Force Bond between Vader and Harry. Both landed with being the Chosen One to defeat an evil wizard (in Anakin's case because this was the destiny he was born to, in Harry's because of getting hit with a misfiring spell as a baby), both unexpectedly plucked from obscurity to go off and attend a magical school... This connection might turn out to be good for Vader/Anakin, or disastrous for Harry.
Temple Cloud chapter 1 . 1/1/2021
Well - in the course of seven years, the Defence Against Dark Arts teachers include two Voldemort-supporters pretending to be good guys, one penitent former Death Eater who has to pretend that he's still on Voldemort's side, and one unreconstructed, openly evil Death Eater. I suppose hiring a Dark wizard from a faction unallied to the Death Eaters, who has his own reason to oppose Voldemort in case Voldemort should aspire to be a threat to the Empire, has a kind of logic to it - just not very much logic, as it isn't likely that Dumbledore can prevent Vader from recruiting Darksiders from the students if he chooses to.

Vader, unlike Dolores Umbridge, does at least have some teaching experience, but both Jedi and Sith normally train apprentices on a one-to-one basis - he's unlikely to be ready for the stress of teaching class after class of twenty or thirty stroppy, magically talented teenagers, and certainly unlikely to have the patience for marking essays.

I wonder if Dumbledore is primarily interested in recruiting a warrior rather than a teacher. He's aware of the existence of the Star Wars films, whether or not he's actually seen them. I'd wonder whether he was hoping that Vader would kill Voldemort, except that I thought he already knew that Voldemort can't be killed until all the Horcruxes are destroyed (likely involving Harry's death, unless there is some way to remove the Horcrux from him). On the other hand, you had no way of knowing all this when you wrote this story, so this can be an AU where the key to defeating Voldemort is something else - but at any rate, we (and Dumbledore) know that Voldemort isn't like an ordinary mortal.

Alternatively, if he doesn't know much about the story arc of the Star Wars films (or regards Return Of The Jedi as non-canonical - the implication in Eye Of The Storm is that the Force is giving George Lucas visions which inspired the other films, but Return Of The Jedi is just his attempt to give the story a satisfying conclusion), Dumbledore might just be hoping that if Vader doesn't kill Voldemort, the curse on the DADA job will kill Vader himself, and either way they've got one villain less to worry about.

Now we're waiting to see - what was it that made Palpatine order his deadly enforcer to take a year's sabbatical? If this was a post Return Of The Jedi story in which Vader has survived but is exiled (or decides to exile himself) and is living on some remote backwater planet while he tries to work out what to do next, it would be understandable, but why would he be told to take time off in the middle of a war against a Rebel Alliance including an untrained but surprisingly talented young Jedi? So - the implication is that the 'told to take a sabbatical' story is just a ruse, and that Vader is actually here to complete a mission for the Emperor. I look forward to seeing what happens.

Star Wars/Harry Potter crossovers are usually a good fit: similar enough in feel, but with enough differences (younglings don't begin their training until the age of eleven, and are allowed to maintain contact with their families; non-humans are not allowed to train as wizards or carry wands, although there is some flexibility for half-humans such as Hagrid and Flitwick; the species that resembles Yoda, who have magical powers that human wizards don't, aren't allowed to do anything more interesting than being household servants) to make the collision of cultures interesting. I started reading a story in which Yoda becomes Harry's mentor in the summer holiday before his fourth year, but the author seems to have abandoned this before Harry reaches the start of the autumn term.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 7 . 12/29/2020
Damn, what an intense, action-packed chapter. It felt good to get away from all the conspiracies and new alliances to focus on a Quidditch game instead - and what a dramatic Quidditch game it was! I was so surprised by Boba Fett showing up and by Harry already using the Force to incapacitate him. I do still want Snape to get his comeuppance, and I mean something more than crashing into the pitch.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 6 . 12/22/2020
I mean, just, wow, this story. I love the appearances of Leia, R2, and 3PO here, and the possibility of the Order teaming up with the Alliance! I lol'ed at Dumbledore and Vader each using different means to see right through The Trio in the cloak. And of course, the long-brewing duel between Snape and Vader was so dramatic and intense! I think mutually hating him has already done a lot to bring Harry and Vader together too, which should be interesting. I do wish Snape would get sacked for that, but that's probably wishful thinking from me...
Mangaqueen1158 chapter 21 . 12/18/2020
this was a fantastic story. I loved every word. thank you for writing this.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 5 . 12/15/2020
I just love the scene of Vader giving a lesson on the Force and Harry getting so in touch with it. Vader's dialogue there sounds so perfectly like it came straight from Star Wars; it reminded me a lot of Luke's lessons with Yoda. So interesting that Vader is so intrigued by Harry, who wants nothing more to do with him, and of course I always love seeing Draco get his comeuppance - isn't he ever going to learn? And of course Trelawney's prediction at the end is so great! I love how it ties into the title and hints at a possible joining-forces between Harry and Vader.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 12/9/2020
I am freakin' lovin' this story. This chapter was such a riot, especially the argument between the two stormtroopers about how bad the job at Hogwarts really was - I was lol'ing the whole way through! I love that you're even incorporating SPEW and having Peeves and the Weasley twins up to their usual tricks. And man, that ending scene between Palpatine and Voldemort was so unexpected and dramatic. I can see Vader possibly rejoining the light (and I'm curious to see what effect Harry might have there) but I don't know about any alliance between those two dark lords.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 12/1/2020
I really love the way you're writing Darth Vader into Hogwarts in this story. It all feels exactly like things would've really happened in canon. Each of his interactions with the different HP characters is so interesting; Snape and Draco clearly haven't seen the movies if they think they can talk to him like they do (haha, wonder what Draco's punishment with Filch was?). I also love his annoyance with Trelawney and scoffing at a woman in his life and his identifying with Harry. "self-styled Dark Lord" - man, I can't wait to see what happens if these two meet each other!
mt2100302 chapter 21 . 11/28/2020
Amazing story
Duddeption(Dudley redemption)I liked it
mt2100302 chapter 15 . 11/28/2020
Dam Kingsley,Wedge and Ackbar all down for the count
Nym,Charlie,Bill and Percy critical condition
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 11/24/2020
Man, this story is already getting so juicy! I can't wait to see how the rest of it plays out, but I'm forcing myself to make it last. Vader's entrance into the Great Hall and the students' reactions are so priceless. I was kinda disappointed that the Star Wars movies and George Lucas exist within this crossover, because I felt it took out a little of the magic/broke the fourth wall, but that DADA lesson so made up for it! I already love Vader's firm but fair style of teaching, and I just about cheered when he put Malfoy in in his place so perfectly.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 11/18/2020
I'm so glad I found this story, because boy, does it look to be a good one. It's off to such a great start in this chapter. I loved Dumbledore's nonplussed reaction to Vader and his bizarre appearance, and Vader's unimpressed reaction to his acco'ing the parchment - haha! Also a nice touch that he wants to stay neutral and not get involved on either side of the wizarding world, which should be interesting, since it looks like this is set during Harry's 6th year. Can't wait to see what the rest of Hogwarts thinks of Vader!
Leaf Ranger chapter 21 . 10/28/2020
Honestly, I love this fanfic. It's amazing. I really love fanfics that give vader redemption and a chance to live his life, and this fanfic more then delivered on it. And it was kind of nice seeing Dudley get some as well. I thank you for this awesome fanfic.

you also spared Sirius and Fred, which are two major pluses in my book. In fact, I think my only gripe about all this was an incredibly minor one that really is not even that bad: you killed Wedge and Ackbar. How could you kill Wedge and Ackbar? ;-;

Still, amazing work, well done, thank you for this fanfic.
768 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »