Reviews for Broken
TheWhiteMonk chapter 5 . 3/12/2005
Normally when Ranma is paralyzed or disabled in a FanFic, everyone abandons him. I am glad you didn't follow that path. You chose a good way to end the story, but you did hint that maybe she wouldn't kill him. You saw how she reacted when he mentioned killing Saffron. I think she will let him live just on the fact that he was brave enough to face her despite the wheelchair and the curse. Honor however might force her hand, but this story will forever remain incomplete so speculation is useless at this point. Your writing is very well done, the spelling and grammar is perfect as well. Oh, and it was a nice touch having Genma taking care of Ranma and you came up with a realistic way for him to be disabled. Pure bad luck, instead of a rival's lucky shot. I will conclude by saying, Ten Stars out of Five. Yes your story is that good.
wolf fullmoon chapter 5 . 3/7/2005
This should be angst...I LOVE THIS! I don't know why but I have the strangest love of angst...PLEASE CONTINUE!
Ranchan17 chapter 4 . 3/6/2005
quite good story, though the last chapter was just terrible, to be honest, I skipped most.
DragonGolem chapter 5 . 2/27/2005
Continue the story please! It would be great a story without continuing, but it leaves so much unsaid. Sure, stories don't always have to be tied up neatly, but they should have a better conclusion. Though I will repeat myself, great story even if you end it here. Thank you.
Benji Himura chapter 5 . 2/16/2005
You should continue. The story is too good to be left alone with out a end. Let the story flow leads the way. Either dark or light the best that suit the story flow. I am really curious to see what will happen. Honestly I don't think that Nodoka would make Ranma kill himself. She lost him once and for sure she won't bear losing him again, and this time just because a stupid contract. Just keep writing.
dana-san chapter 5 . 2/11/2005
WOW! I really like the way you write. I find myself hoping that you will take a stab at origianl fiction, so that you can get published. You really made me feel the pain of decision, the acceptance of his lot and his hope regardless of that lot, despite the possible outcomes of Ranma visiting his mother. Your depiction of the emotions that the characters feel is, to my mind, accurate and extremely well-done.
Isumo1489 chapter 5 . 2/7/2005
Continue, give this story some closeure. Dosen't Ranma deserve that much(I'm an emotional wimp, even cocerning fictional characters.)

Update soon, Later Days!
Mystichalfbreed chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
the overall story is good but you had a typo if I didnt read over I wouldnt have caught it Airen is the proper spelling
MGSaintz chapter 5 . 2/4/2005
I say continue it, if you just left it at the letters it would of been fine to end it there but with this chapter it makes it seem unfinished a false ending. I don't like it when a story ends in such a way since you always wonder what happens next, despite imagining how it would end.

If you continue it I would suggest that you don't have Ranma commit Seppuku rather have Nodoka accept him because she has never really intended for him to go through with it. You should also have Ranma describe without any toning down his training trip and Nodoka's reaction. Don't know how the story would progress from there but I think you should have Ranma reflect on what he should be doing in the future and with the help of his mom try to piece his life together, maybe with the help on his mom's side of the family.

Like the others said; having the story go dark isn't bad and it doesn't have to end sadly but with a happy ending. Hope you continue the story.
JohnnyG chapter 5 . 2/4/2005
I'm torn on this one. Like everyone else, I would like to see this continued. However, this type of ending, which leaves things up to the readers' imagination (with the possibility of a good or dark finale), is also quite good. I guess it really depends on whether or not you feel motivated to continue. If you don't, then you should move on to other things. Regardless, this story has been a joy to read thus far.

As far as the story ideas that you listed at the end of chapter three, both sound quite interesting to me. You indicated that you would like input on both, and if that's still the case, please contact me and I'd be happy to hammer out ideas with you.

Best,

JohnnyG
jgkitarel chapter 5 . 2/4/2005
I believe that you should continue the story. This can be taken as a "strong suggestion."

As for how it goes, it's up to you, but I think you should have it go on one step at a time. Let Nodoka meet Ranma, get to know him, and find out about everything else.

I DON"T think you should have her force the seppuku pledge. She found out about the curse in the manga and didn't force it, so why should she here?

Of course, I don't really know the Japanese viewpoint on disabled or crippled people. It could be like ours, where depending on how they ended up such, shiftas our views to admiration, pity, or sympathy. Or it could be something different.

Don't let the story die at this point. At least finish up one last chapter.
nea chapter 5 . 2/3/2005
I really think that you should continue it. It just doesn't seem finished to me now. If you were going to end it before, it should have been done after the letters. By adding this additional chapter it feels, to me, that you're stopping in the middle of a thought. You could have ranma meet his mom, but as a stranger. Let her get to know him for a little while, then have him drop the bomb that he is her son and about his curse. She could then pull out the ritual suicide commitment that his father signed and he handprinted about him becoming a man among men. She could find him, now as a cripple and with his curse, not worthy of such a commitment and cast him out of the family. All this has to happen before anyone else can get to ranma and his mom. By ending it this way, when ranma leaves as a ronin he can reflect on whether he should live or commit suicide and you can leave it to us to use our imagination to figure out what he does. This way it still sorta stays a dark fic. Anyway, that is just an idea. I hope you do continue because I would like to read more of this fic.
Drkjester chapter 5 . 2/3/2005
You can't let it die. Dark is not always bad. Plus this story can turn up for a happy ending if you want. I say this as I am one that hates to see a story end without a real ending. As an english major I have had to read one to many stories of this new mentallity that I always felt cheated. This feeling is really stron when a good writer such as yourself lets it drop like this.
vedmid chapter 5 . 2/3/2005
personally I would like to see you continue this, though sadly i cannot offer much suggestion on where ot take it. Two main thoughts come to me for it. Both begin with Nodoka not having him commit Sepuku either because of his decision to confront her in his state or because she hadn't intented to hold him to a child's pledge.

from there you could either do more with her side of the family which you hinted at or have the various factors in ranma's life actually work together.

Not really sure which would be better, I can see how writing this out would be hard when you're not in a mood for something so heavy. Only real suggestion i can give is don't force yourself to write this, save it for when the right mood strikes you.
Anaxim chapter 5 . 2/3/2005