Reviews for In that dark silent hour
llGeekGoddessll chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
wow...I am amazed by your realm of emotions shown in this piece...good job...I am curious as to why there can't be more to the relationship, but I suspect that that was not your point...I loved it although it was dark, and it made me think that this piece could also be used as a Lucius and Hermione piece too...LOL...sorry...I swear I am not going to copy paste your story into my wordprocessor and replace Snape with Lucius.
Asty chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Loved it loved it. One of the few stories I've read which had the ability to make even the darkness look beautiful. There's really a deeper current of sadness and unconditional love in this than anything else, which smacks it right in the middle of that Angst we all love so much. I'm glad you took the time to get this out of your system and give us all something to enjoy as reward. I also hope it did its job and gave you, the writer, the inner cleansing you needed to face other things with a clearer mind. Most people, except for other writers, don't realize how powerfully healing it can be to mould these emotions into words on paper. So once again, thank you for sharing this with us :)
HeavenStone chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
I like it. Angst isn't my primary obsession, but well-written angst is always worth a read. Methinks the melancholy thoughts do good things for you. The story entered a dark place without seeming melodramatic and you tastefully handled what other authors might have made into smut. I especially liked the ending. I thought it summed everything up perfectly. Great work here and I'm looking forward to that promised HoM update!
Re chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow. No really...wow. I'm stunned. This story is very powerful and has left me with an uneasy feeling (which is good!). I think I know how Ginny feels. Congratualations!
Keo Siph chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Once again, amazing. .. Amazing. Really. My head's still spinning.

You're one of the few authors I've read that doesn't throw out all this muck of emtion in the author's notes, you just get it out in the story where it belongs.

Also, my friends would kill me if they knew I was a Snape/Hermione fan. *shrugs* Even if they DO refer to him as "Old enough to be your dad sexy"...

I love all of your stories, and I really expect you to continue on your others.

On a normal note, I'd generally ask for fanfiction in some other area...

But your writing seems to do best raw in whatever you started in, so I'd almost like to see it stay there.

Good luck on keeping the writer's block away!

(Also, your writing's rather inspirational-I've been trying to do an angst-ridden doujinshi/fan comic for weeks, and I think I'll get it out now!)
Deeble chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
An interesting - if depressing and difficult - exploration of how two damaged people would handle the post-war years. I'm glad you're not going in this direction in your other story, but I know what you mean about some things demanding to be written.

The description of Snape's eyes as black-as-sin was perfect. I wish I'd thought of it.
MoonlightMarauder chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Complex, yet simple. Melancholic, yet sweet. Sad and realistic, and most of all, beautiful.

There's really nothing else to say, other than to offer you my heartfelt congratulation and to thank you, for a beautiful story.
azulkan2 chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Now that was a Snape worthy of the name. Great story even if I'm not that big a fan of angst.
Velvet Mouse chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow. This is a very powerful story. Hermione's actions are all perfectly reasonable and explainable - when you see the situtation from the inside. But Ginny, watching from outside, also has the perfect response of bafflement and outrage. Amazing the things love can make you do, isn't it?
lizz chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
this is really good. it stands alone well, but it practically screams to be taken more indepth. very dark, very inviting.
Cherdy the Molologist chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
excellent
armor chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
it's so sad... can you write a sequel ? sad or happy, as you wish, with Snape's POV ?
AikidoChick21 chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow...now THAT was deep...I loved it!

It was very well-written and psychological. Hermione seems very much her analytical self, but she allows her emotions to come out at the same time. She's so well-rounded and...well...REAL in this fic. Great job! I knew I put you on my Fav. Authors for a reason! _

~JW
LMartin77 chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow ... very angsty. But I liked it because it actually elicited a response in me ... sadness, anger, understanding ... I have been there, I hope it turns out as well for Hermione that it did for me ...
wolfen18 chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Wow...that was rather intense, and as you say, melancholic. I'm not asking for a sequel that is a happy ending, but I wouldn't mind seeing perhaps a companion piece from Snape's POV. Anyways, excellent vignette.

wolfen