Reviews for The Summer of My Discontent
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/25
Beautiful story!
irritatedbookwor chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Sorry about this. First off: I just finished (re-)reading this story again and *still* find myself hunting up a towel to dry my eyes! Excellent story, and an impressive mix of angst, tragedy and prosaicness. Not something I've done very often, let alone as skillfully as you've managed to pull off here. Thank you for such a well-done story.

Frankly, *ALL* of your stories I've read are impressive character driven tales with a nice mix-in of reflection and action with just the right touch of humor. I *still* get a good laugh out of a few scenes!

The second matter I would like to ask you about involves another story of yours 'Those Words, Alone No More'. I was heading back to reread it again when I found that it was missing! Do you happen to know what happened to it? I've got a personal suspicion, but it'll wait. On another point; it's been roughly six-odd *Years* since the last time you've updated this particular story and I truly want to read more of it. I've had a Plot Hare stop by and dump further story ideas for this beggar on top of me... rubs head and wry look Could you please find out what happened and, preferably, start writing again? Reposting what you've written of this story would be nice, thank you. Or at least start posting anything else you have hidden away? I truly miss reading your stories. wistful look and puppy dog eyes on the side

If you want to establish contact, try De-spam at Hotmail dot ca. I hope I'll hear back from you. Oh yeah. Since it's obvious that this idiotic site has...problems, the full use-name is irritatedbookworm.
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
What happened to Remus?
verysiriuspotterhead chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Brilliant! Well done :D
Saissister chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
That was very nice and sad
The Pianist's Touch chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
awww. poor harry. one thing, though: i think Michael's an archangel, not a saint. but still, good job
Snapegirlkmf chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Aww, that was really sad, but I can see why harry would think he could only hurt and not help the people he cared about. I liked the prophecy part and I agree with you about it, that's why the prophecy doesn't feature a lot in my fics either, or rather, the prophecy can be changed.

I loved the conversation between harry and Sev at the end, it was sweet. They both deserve a nice afterlife. Maybe they could come back as angels?
etherian chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
This is fascinating. I like what was said about prophecies. My feelings exactly! I really enjoyed the final scene between Harry and Severus. It was a little rushed, but it did go on to show that even without Harry, the fight would continue.
Brenn.K chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Absolutely not what I expected, but great.
slashslut chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
good stuff
breannatala chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Different, but I liked it :)
emsiok chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Really very good. The only thing I didn't like was the thing about Arthur becoming Minister. I thought that was a bit farfetched. Besides that, it was quiet sad and very well writtem.
daeshie o'rivers chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
boredomreigns42 chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
I like this a lot. Its written from an interesting view.. nice and sad too.. *tear*
kurie-tibiti chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
Sad but sweet. That was tear jerker.