Reviews for Hidden Beauty
irony882 chapter 3 . 1/26/2008
You've written the characters perfectly IC. This probably was what they really thought about during those events.
Bardlover chapter 3 . 10/24/2006
Wonderful.
ASZ chapter 3 . 1/26/2005
Great story, good characterizations and wonderful writing. Please write more JOA fic!
Esme chapter 3 . 11/11/2004
Very nice! Luke's response to the kiss was perfectly in character - I couldn't imagine him saying anything else. And thank you for not making Grace too defensive and harsh, as sometimes is done. The part I most enjoyed by far was "Apparently they do.", refering to "Do all Girardis lack a radar?" a couple lines before. What I loved about it surprisingly wasn't the words, though "lacking a radar" is a tasteful turn of phrase; it was rather that you were rewarding the reader for remembering her thoughts before Luke's comment. Very few writers trust the reader enough to do that - to finish a phrase more than a sentence later - but you were brave enough to, and you did so admirably. It also lent her thoughts a wonderful sense of continuity. Merci.
Alexandri chapter 3 . 11/11/2004
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. However, I will say that this story is absolutely beautiful, especially the writing and the way you express Grace's inner world and what's going on around her. Bravo.
VanillaBean75 chapter 3 . 11/11/2004
That was painfully beautiful! No fair at beating me at my own game... No, I love it. Your command of the language is beautiful. Yeah, you win the Capture the Scene in Silence award.
meanchick2 chapter 3 . 11/11/2004
Excellent, as usual. That is a lot of stuff going on in Grace's head. I like how you show that she cares far more than she shows. You sure have filled any blank spots for the episode! Feel free to continue or maybe start up a new fic with some fillers for some season 2 episodes. Wealth of Nations and P.O.V. would give you a lot to work with. Otherwise, great job! I had to go back and read it twice before I reviewed because it was so intense.
insertquerkypseudonym chapter 3 . 11/11/2004
wow. you are awesome. I love the detail. amazing job.
flannery77 chapter 3 . 11/10/2004
Whoa, man. Awesome chapter! Great writing and Grace insight, too. Keep going with this, please?
meanchick2 chapter 2 . 10/31/2004
Wow. Nice filler for the "Silence" episode. Grace looks so cool and the outside and she is nothing like that on the inside. I'm assuming since this chapter was not L/G that maybe you will be writing more. You are an excellent writer-very descriptive. You get right into Grace/Luke's heads. I really like how you added the Becky situation into the story. Having that info adds a lot to the scene.
McKay chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
It's very well-written and I like it a lot, even though I'm still not a fan of L/G as a romantic pairing.

One thing though...that geode probably cost around one to two hundred dollars. The cheapest I've ever seen one go for on eBay was around fifty dollars, and most shops will charge a lot more. I should know, I've wanted a Celestite geode for ages :)
LushBaby chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Wow, what a great story. You really "get" Luke and I like how you work CBG into it. The description of the geode and its commonalities to Grace was beautiful. Makes me sigh and long for a perceptive guy like Luke. Great work!
sexycereal0 chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Lovely premise and beautifully written. I really enjoyed this, hope to see more from you.
bellpacket chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Great story. I also like that it's from Luke's point of view, we need to hear more from him ;-)

I was just wondering, was the guy he bumped into God, or am I just insane?
Armed-Pyro chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Very well written. A definant show of talent.