Reviews for The Visitor
Lonely Looney chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
AMAZING! You shouldn't ever delete your fics or any work whatsoever because it doesn't please or bothers other people. That's their problem. Besides, that's probably what Erik would think about the Phandom... / So sorry about it.

I love Kay, God knows how much! 3 I can't decide which one I love best, Leroux or Kay. They both should be canon. Leroux is canon, lol, I know, but you know what I mean;

Great story, very sincere and yeah, I do believe Erik would have enjoyed to be truly happy at least once. Great eye for detail! *.*

You could have ended up with supernatural powers, like Peter Parker :D I wonder if you are still your normal self after that.
Anawey chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
You know, I can see Erik's reaction to 'phandom'. I'm a pretty big 'phan' myself, but it bugs me to no end when people twitter over things. Yeah, I have my moments - many - but what is the point of obsessing over how a story ended, right?

Personally, I think I'd react the same way as Erik. Really, you build this great architectural marvel, and all people can think of is their lusty attractions to a now-dead guy (grant you, I have those attractions, too, but if I were at the Paris Opera House, I'd never make it out of the grand foyer, looking at all the detail).

I like the idea of this. I wish I could go to the Paris Opera House. I went to Europe with a government student program thing two years ago, but we never even drove by the opera. Makes me sad these days. But we saw some other great stuff, so I can't complain.

Anyway, great job capturing Erik's personality. I'm not so good at writing pov unless it's my own, despite the number of times I try. I really liked this. And Erik's such a sweetie, worrying about her. Aw.

*Erik muse glares*

But seriously, this was really neat. I liked it.
Mela Sunstrong chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
It's so cute! I loved the ending, it definately caught me offgaurd.
x-forbiddenrose-x chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Creepy, but very cool.
Neverland Fairy chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Whoa...this is a really weird fic. Really cool, but really weird. It makes a little bit more sense that it's based on your experience, and not just random. I
Riene chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
*smiling* What a delightful tale! I envy you your trip. Your twist at the end with the spider was an unexpected, but appropriate, surprise.

~Riene
Panda chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
I'm not angry about Erik's feelings toward the phandom. In fact, I think that your piece coincides with the way he might very well feel about some of the more histrionic among us. Heck, he'd probably find me unbearable, but that's beside the point. I enjoyed this story. I like how there wasn't any dialogue... somehow, it made everything seem sort of distant and hazy, just like in a memory. I also like how you took all that spider symbolism from Kay's novel and applied it to your piece. The fact that all this was true (except, I'm assuming, the spider waving to you at the end :)) is eerie, but cool all the same. I'm glad you decided to share your experiences with us. You write very well.
kate dawson chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
_ wow. I thought Erik was just a ghost, a phantom that still lingered in the Opera Garnier. I like how you have him reincarnated as a spider, he was in Susan Kay's novel. and in a way, its almost ironic, in life, people pulled away from him, because of his ugliness, and in death, he said that "she did not pull away...",, and most people, (me included) have some fear of spiders. I'll deffinetly think twice before I go to kill one, though! very well writen!

I DO have a question about the Opera Garnier. do they take tours into the cellars of the opera house?
Pirate Perian chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Oh! I loved this! I thought that Erik was simply a ghost, haunting in death what he had haunted in life - but reincarnating him as a spider was a rather brilliant idea. Especially since, as you pointed out, he kept comparing himself to a spider in Kay. ("Even a spider has the right to a mate," etc.)

This is also proof that self-insertion fics CAN be done well, hurrah hurrah.

And, as one of those Phangirly tourists who's gone to the Opéra twice now... well, I was not at all offended by your snide attack on Phans. I thought it was rather hilarious, actually. :)

(And you're right; the best way to see the Opéra IS through a performance. Hurrah for student-priced tickets!)
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Wow! I never suspected the American to be you.. Which means, well done, you didn't turn yourself into a Mary Sue. :-D The details are great. I like the spider bite idea - very interesting. Actually, I like your portrayal of Erik's attitudes towards his "Phans." I've always felt that the Erik who enjoys the superficial affection and spotlight was OOC. A truer Erik would have scoffed and killed his phans if they ventured to close. :) Anyway, the only critical thing I have to say is to make your summary more interesting.. I've seen this fic on some people's favorites list for awhile, but it sounded like it would be a dull, factual, tour-esque fic, so it's taken me a month of skipping over it to finally read it. Needless to say, it is most definitely not a dull, factual fic. :)
astrum-aspiciat chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Wow. This is... believable. *GASP!* XD

Wonderfully written! Creepy in a way.
Froek1881 chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
I am ashamed to admit that after more than 11 years of phandom, I am still very afraid of spiders. Next time I will see one crawling in my room, I will think of your story and try to see spiders as little Eriks.

Very good story, and what a funny twist! This must be the only spider-bite in the world I am jealous of... My god. Touched by Erik, sigh... :)
judgement-of-anubis chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Actually I thought it was rather good. Lol, you threw me with the spider at the end though, I thought that was rather funny. This was very interesting and i've got to say just how lucky you are! I can only hope that one day I'll be able to go. I did really enjoy this.
Marie chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
I liked the more realistic approach you took to Erik's opinon of phans. I doubt any reasonable person was very offended by this, as you seemed a bit concerned about. After all, even the most adoring fan must admit that Erik, were he around today, would probably want to murder squealing phangirls, who would probably remind him of squealing ballet rats. (don't get mad at me- i include myself among the ridiculous lot of them) I LOVE the ending, too! I honestly didn't see it coming at all.
gryffingirl77 chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
All I have to say about this is... I LOVE IT! What an absolutely wonderful and original piece of fanfiction. So totally different from the rest and wonderful! I totally agree with the idea that Erik would be annoyed with us Phans. He who stayed in the shadows would no doubt cringe at the thought of the many strange and stupid situations he's been put in by leagues of Phans! The thought of him haunting the Opera was fitting and ingenious! I hope to read more from you and am still eagerly awaiting an update on "Hungry". Please please do not take this story down. It is a wonderful addition to the Phandom!