Reviews for A Sense of Duty
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I had read this story a long while ago, and am glad to have found it to add to my favorites. I don't mean to reread it right at this moment, but I remember my delight in first reading this fic and expect that I will want to revisit it. I appreciate the family you created for Faramir & Eowyn, with their characterizations and growth- particularly Eomund's, although you give life and personality to the many oc's here. The story as I remember it was believable, emotional, and compelling.
Ocne chapter 11 . 6/3/2013
''Only one other person aside from Faramir ever heard the story of Eomund's scars.''

It's a good thing for us, then, that you told that story in a much greater detail.
Your Aragorn is marvellous, but this fic is Eomund's hands down.

Thank you for sharing. There are some stories out here, on ffnet, that I feel are like a gift coming straight from the heart : shining, kind and utterly amazing. This story is like that.
Copper Kestrel chapter 11 . 12/29/2012
This is a beautiful story, with finely drawn, compelling characters and a brilliant examination of grief. I am afraid I am still rather under its spell and can think of nothing more eloquent to say, but thank you so much for writing it.
Rivergift chapter 11 . 10/9/2011
This is a lovely, insightful look at grief and all its manifestations, and what we can learn from it! I did enjoy it, and all the characters, but especially you have made me know and love Eowyn and Faramir's children so well in these 11 chapters! Great job!
Mikkalea Luna chapter 11 . 6/14/2011
Hi!

Wow! This story has been an very emotional rollercoaster for me! You made me cry, laugh and something between them both :-)

There were times when I was angry with Eomund or even Faramir. Then I felt with them and feard for them! Their reunion made me happy and I even proud on Eomunds part.

It was a great reading experience! And I hope that someday you will write more about Faramirs little family...

lg Mikkalea
Mikkalea Luna chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
Haha, carving letters into the withe Tree! That is an idea I have never seen in fanfiction!

But I think their uncle Boromir would have loved it :-)
Mikkalea Luna chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Oh my god! I nearly flooded my laptop! I can't remember the last time I cried so much in one chapter! It was beautifully written and soooo sad... *sniff*

And I wanted to beat some sense into Eomund! He even topped Denethor in cruelness!

lg Mikkalea
Majoranka chapter 11 . 5/1/2011
This is a wonderful read, thank you so much for writing this. I think this topic is very difficult to do well, without turning the story into a mushy overdone angst-fest or mangling the characters, but you have managed to strike just the right balance in all those emotional scenes.

I love the characterization of basically everyone in this story - Faramir, Aragorn, Éowyn, Pippin... Your portrayal of Faramir is spot on - you've made him human, capable of failing, but you've still kept him the strong person he is, with all of his formidable self-control and emotional reticence. Even in his worst moments, he was still clearly recognizable to me as Faramir, Faramir as he could turn out to be under such terrible circumstances. I also loved your complex characterization of the relationships between Éowyn and Faramir and between Faramir and Aragorn.

Your original characters are also very well done. I started out hating Éomund, but I came to really like him throughout the story. You've made his personal transformation believable and touching. I do hope you're going to write some more stories with Faramir and his family some day. You've made yourself another fan here :-)

Greetings,

Majoranka
Blueberry chapter 11 . 8/21/2008
Hi, your story was great! Truly amazing. Just a pity that's over already...Wished you would write more.
darkaura016 chapter 11 . 1/25/2007
Excuse me for a second while I go wipe my tears...okay, all set. I just need to proclaim my undying love for you for a second...OMG I LOVE YOU STORY AND BY PROXY I LOVE YOU FOR WRITING IT!
irene chapter 5 . 12/28/2005
Thank you for this chapter! Pippin is wonderfully written. It is a pleasure to read you.
Simple Enigma chapter 11 . 3/8/2005
Well, i absolutely love everything about this story and your characterization of faramir in particular, ive read all of your stories and . .Fan. lol, not to sound wierd or anything. im waiting patiently for you to write somthing new, good luck with that. anyway, shameless plug, could you perty please check out my story "finding Arda" cause it doesnt have any reviews yet, (i blame the overused concept) and i would be real honored if you did. thanx a bunch and yes, i luv your stuff. toodeloo
TangerineBreeze chapter 11 . 3/4/2005
Beautiful! Actually, I'm kind of angry with you for playing so skillfully with my emotions and writing so beautifully that here I am in the late hours of the night wiping tears out of my eyes... but I think I'll let it slide :D

So, this wonderful, beautiful, heart-wrenching story came about because you accidentially named Faramir's son Barahir? That's fairly interesting... Tolkien wrote in his journal that he did not mean for Faramir to exist at all, but that he was just there, in the middle of Ithilien, and that while he liked him, he wasn't quite sure he was even his creation. That makes me think of that, and how some of the best things in literature weren't planned.

Anyways, please keep writing more!
The Nightsky chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Excellent story. You do a wonderful job developing your original characters, and still manage to keep the canon characters believable. I'd be very interested in reading more in this universe.
Jen chapter 11 . 12/10/2004
This was one of the most well written fanfics I've ever read. After finishing this story the first time, I re-read "Conversations" and the parts with Barahir in it were made more poignant. Thank you so much. Looking forward to others like it.