Reviews for A Sense of Duty
PSW chapter 11 . 8/1
This was just fantastic - one of the best stories I have ever read in any fandom. Thanks so much for all the work that went into writing this!
PSW chapter 8 . 8/1
Akallabeth - the Fall of Numenor. Hands down my favorite Tolkien tale - chilling and sad and prophetic all at once...
PSW chapter 7 . 8/1
Great family, friendship, and other dynamics. This is just a really good story...
PSW chapter 5 . 8/1
Wow. Yep, a hobbit is just what was needed here... :-)
PSW chapter 4 . 8/1
Very appropriate, to send Eomer after her. And I enjoyed seeing a different side of Arwen's personality, sometimes it seems there's not much to her (of course, Tolkien didn't give her much page-time, so it's hard to know...).
PSW chapter 3 . 8/1
A very poignant and realistic description of depression. Also, I loved your description of Celeborn's wisdom - a very important type of knowledge. I hope Estel can manage to not get herself killed too... :-P
PSW chapter 1 . 8/1
This was an amazing chapter. I look forward to the next...
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
I had read this story a long while ago, and am glad to have found it to add to my favorites. I don't mean to reread it right at this moment, but I remember my delight in first reading this fic and expect that I will want to revisit it. I appreciate the family you created for Faramir & Eowyn, with their characterizations and growth- particularly Eomund's, although you give life and personality to the many oc's here. The story as I remember it was believable, emotional, and compelling.
Ocne chapter 11 . 6/3/2013
''Only one other person aside from Faramir ever heard the story of Eomund's scars.''

It's a good thing for us, then, that you told that story in a much greater detail.
Your Aragorn is marvellous, but this fic is Eomund's hands down.

Thank you for sharing. There are some stories out here, on ffnet, that I feel are like a gift coming straight from the heart : shining, kind and utterly amazing. This story is like that.
Copper Kestrel chapter 11 . 12/29/2012
This is a beautiful story, with finely drawn, compelling characters and a brilliant examination of grief. I am afraid I am still rather under its spell and can think of nothing more eloquent to say, but thank you so much for writing it.
Rivergift chapter 11 . 10/9/2011
This is a lovely, insightful look at grief and all its manifestations, and what we can learn from it! I did enjoy it, and all the characters, but especially you have made me know and love Eowyn and Faramir's children so well in these 11 chapters! Great job!
Mikkalea Luna chapter 11 . 6/14/2011

Wow! This story has been an very emotional rollercoaster for me! You made me cry, laugh and something between them both :-)

There were times when I was angry with Eomund or even Faramir. Then I felt with them and feard for them! Their reunion made me happy and I even proud on Eomunds part.

It was a great reading experience! And I hope that someday you will write more about Faramirs little family...

lg Mikkalea
Mikkalea Luna chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
Haha, carving letters into the withe Tree! That is an idea I have never seen in fanfiction!

But I think their uncle Boromir would have loved it :-)
Mikkalea Luna chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Oh my god! I nearly flooded my laptop! I can't remember the last time I cried so much in one chapter! It was beautifully written and soooo sad... *sniff*

And I wanted to beat some sense into Eomund! He even topped Denethor in cruelness!

lg Mikkalea
Majoranka chapter 11 . 5/1/2011
This is a wonderful read, thank you so much for writing this. I think this topic is very difficult to do well, without turning the story into a mushy overdone angst-fest or mangling the characters, but you have managed to strike just the right balance in all those emotional scenes.

I love the characterization of basically everyone in this story - Faramir, Aragorn, Éowyn, Pippin... Your portrayal of Faramir is spot on - you've made him human, capable of failing, but you've still kept him the strong person he is, with all of his formidable self-control and emotional reticence. Even in his worst moments, he was still clearly recognizable to me as Faramir, Faramir as he could turn out to be under such terrible circumstances. I also loved your complex characterization of the relationships between Éowyn and Faramir and between Faramir and Aragorn.

Your original characters are also very well done. I started out hating Éomund, but I came to really like him throughout the story. You've made his personal transformation believable and touching. I do hope you're going to write some more stories with Faramir and his family some day. You've made yourself another fan here :-)