Reviews for Reality: The Borg War
Andrew chapter 5 . 1/10/2005
What can I say it's brilliant! I can't wait for the next chapter.
JC chapter 4 . 1/9/2005
Very interesting, yes, I await with great anticipation the sight of you tying up all these many subplots. Yes indeed, I shall be very interested to see how you go about destroying the entire Borg armada. No doubt you have some spectacular idea up your sleeve. Do hurry; I'm certain that all of us readers are most eager to reach the fireworks of this story.

Five points of Calvinism:

Let's see some more animosity between Picard and Allen! There's a really fabulous dynamic there, and I think you ought to exploit it. After all, the great battles, the exploration, the big explosions: these are icing on the Star Trek cake. The real joy (at least for me) comes from the interpersonal relationships within the ST universe.

I hate to seem pessimistic here, but MK is right: Janeway needs to be meaner! Where's the rough and tough, slightly liberated, don't-take-nothin-from-nobody Janeway that we all have come to love?

This is just a guess, but is there some deeper darker reason why the Praetor is withholding information about the coming Borg invasion from her "soldiers"? Just speculating...

Hurry back to the love story before your readers forget about it. Even if Allen has a momentary recollection of the good times with Julie, I think it will be enough to keep their romance closer to the forefront of the readers' minds.

Good good story. Makes me wistful... not too wistful, mind you. I'm only slightly weird about Star Trek. Your dialogue is your strength. Emphasize it.

Regards,

JC

PS. Hey there, MK; 7 more days!
MF chapter 4 . 1/5/2005
Great story so far. As a casual Star Trek fan myself, the storyline seems quite believable, which is an amazing accomplishment considering the sheer scope and depth of the ST universe. The concept of the "reality" of ST being less glorious than the show portrays is a very interesting philosophical twist that sheds new light on the fantasy. The only aspect that seems slightly less believable is the Starfleet characters' reactions. I imagined, for example, Admiral Janeway being more official and having more decorum rather than acting so friendly and caring towards Mike. My impression, however, might come from a lack of knowledge of Voyager. Most of my ST knowledge comes from TNG. In regards to those characters, I felt that there was less discrepancy, yet Captain Picard's gruffness seemed slightly out of character at first. I did especially like the first chapter; I felt like it was a very good introduction to what was to follow. Excellent story overall and I can't wait for the rest!
KainG chapter 4 . 12/13/2004
I really like your fic. It's well-written, and the characters feel real. I really enjoyed Picard's reaction and felt believable.

Looking forward to more!
Khalaris chapter 4 . 12/10/2004
Hey, this is one of the best ST-Fictions I've ever had the pleasure to read!

It's a very interesting concept. Actually, I've been thinking about this parallel reality thing for some time, too, but not on such a big scale.

Weel, I didn't find any orthography mistakes (just make sure you don't forget the - between Jean and Luc ;))

Keep up the good work.

Greetz from Germany

~Khalaris
Rosie Cotton chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Hey :)

I shall read the rest of this story as soon as I'm home from work and have a moment. It's looking excellent thus far! You have a wonderful turn of phrase.

Have no more time to comment. Gah, deadlines! But this is quite good and I will most definitely be reading more in the near future.
Johann chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
The Good: Character image and relatability-I had fun imagining Mike's lifestyle and adventure...I think lots o' readers easily could see themselves in his shoes. Overall the middle-story aggressive flow worked well. The plot had excellent versatile appeal...even with little trek knowledge I didn't have many confusing moments. While the opening started really slow, I think you should keep it since it heightens the

effectiveness of the transition to "reality."

The Bad: I could use some more environmental details...maybe its my lack of trekness, but I had some conflict with the images in my head and occurrences in the storyline. Dialogue blocks were fairly ok length-wise, but more description could brighten up the foggy surroundings, metaphorically speaking.

The Ugly: What a nice ending Joshua! Giving hope to all us nerds is a very kind thing to do. My mental tastebuds didn't agree with it much, but in terms of coming full-circle with the total experience...I think you got it right.

All in all, the most attractive thing about the story is its down-to-earth, yet, cosmic connection; while its greatest flaw is its occasional casual-slip tone.
Stevo chapter 2 . 11/18/2004
Good stuff here boys and girls. He seems to have a great grasp on the star trek universe.
Space546 chapter 2 . 10/27/2004
O now thats good :) Lets see where this one goes.
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8