Reviews for The Suffering of Incapability
cuppasound chapter 1 . 3/17
Heartbreaking. Seriously, you almost made me cry with this piece, and that's quite the achievement. I hate it, but I love it. Thank you.
Toasty Burrito chapter 1 . 3/6
omfg what did i read?! everything was fine until the last paragraph :'(
Winry-chan21 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
perfectly written...horribly sad, as the book. I loved it.
AWickedDistraction chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Aghh the angst! Beautifully tragic. Wonderful work.
nirky chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is painful and heartbreaking. But beautiful nonetheless and also very wondrous and true-to-character.

Still, it stung when you had Elphaba loving Fiyero so, after refusing G(a)linda for so long. Then again, while reading the book, I never got the impression that Elphaba and Glinda could be a thing (that came from the musical) and I never thought she loved Fiyero that much. I read him as a distraction.

But your story doesn't deserve to be involved in such small shipping contests. It is worth what is worth, which is a lot. And it hurts many readers for several different reasons. It hurts in all the good ways great writing makes us hurt.

Congratulations.
Noodlejelly chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I told myself I must have reviewed this, because I've definitely read it before and having just stumbled across it again now years later it didn't seem possible I could have not reviewed when I first read it. To my shame, it seems I did not, and can't imagine why because this is one of the most powerful moving pieces of fanfic I've ever read. It's just so ... Elphaba. I don't think that even comes close to the compliment I intend it as, but I can think of no other way of trying to explain that to read your stories is to truly read a story about Elphaba and Glinda. It's not a perfect love story, there are no happy endings, and it might just make you cry.

Gah, I'm rambling, but before I start spouting on about the imagery and the word choice and the sheer brilliance of this, I'll stop and hope I've freed up time for you in which you can do some more writing. The world needs it.
Valkyrie War Cry chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I'd like you to know that after years of wondering and speculation, I now understand book!Galind/Glinda. I'm so glad I found this; it's a gem. It seems that the good witch is the true beautifully tragic character, not our green girl.

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who had trouble deciphering Glinda. Your Elphaba was so biting-and amazingly in-character.
AnnGold chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
You have a rare gift, and I feel so lucky u have shared it with us, so thank u.

You've written Elphaba so painfully true, I didnt really know where the story was going, the ending was so surprising and ouch - suddenly I couldn't see so well cuz of the tears in my eyes..
RachelAe chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Oh my God. That was so sad. I love this characterization of an Elphaba who is socially inept kind of. Er, I'm not sure how to describe it. When she says she's unable to love someone like Galinda. I hate tragedies, but. But. I guess I like this.
lilyqueen777 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Wow, this is wonderful ]
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
I must compliment you! I've never seen the Elphaba/GLinda pairing done so well. I feel like you kept them totally true to their characters, while expanding on what could have been their daily lives. Wonderful job!
moo chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
you have burnt me as a reader, but i have no flame for you
TheAgonyofBlank chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
This is really sad; poor Glinda...
Kennedy Leigh Morgan chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
Man that makes a person feel bad for Glinda doesn't it. But you write her pain very well and Elphaba's holding back fit. Wonderful job!
Yero my hero chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Wow, this was truly amazing. I was moved. Throughout the story I wondered where it was going. The line " And years passed and Elphaba had fallen swiftly and painfully in love with Fiyero" really struck me. It was like an echo of the love and pain that Glinda had had for Elphaba all along. I don't know if I'm making sense. Just, it was beautiful.