Reviews for Echoes
Ceilo chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
This is a really good story! Great job, I love it. :-)
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
This was a wonderful tribute to Mana and her relationship with Mahaado (and to your kitty who went on ahead to wherever we all go after). Mana comes across as young but not a complete ditz as she was sometimes presented in the series and often is in fanfic. Her triumph is hard won and all the more satisfying for the story you wove around it. Thanks so much for writing it down!
aditou chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
There's really nothing more I can say about how great this is. You got Mana down so well! Kudos!
Lin Haku chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
Reading this...it was so sad, so powerful, yet so funny at the same time, while me listening to a sad song, really got me into a laughing, crying, snivelling idiot. This was great, I've saved it in my favs. already...I'm gonna read it again, and this time, I'll see for a box of tissues...

I really liked this, you managed to get the characters perfect, made the mood dark, funny, angsty and proud, and the theme behind it is extremely strong. Fics that make me cry are good indeed.

The title is excellent as well, I can hear a broken laugh from Mana echoing from the computer, very well done, this fic will remain in the sad little chamber of my heart forever...
Jisushika-chan chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Kon'nichiwa!

I really loved this story the first time I read it. It only got better the second time. In fact... I think I've read it several dozen times.

Jisushika_chan
whiteswan chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
I liked this piece, an interesting combination of angst, and humor. Atemu himself said it to Pandora, that the Dark Magician's apprentice takes up his fight as her own, and he lives on in her and watches over her. I liked the little flashbacks, they show the personalities of both Magicians so well; especially the one where she remembers dragging the story of the Items from Mahado. Very typical of her, cute and bouncy, but when she sets her mind to something, look out. I also like how Mana is still talking to her teacher as she works, baring her heart, as it were. Her little commentary about the other High Priests and Siamun was amusing...I'll admit to laughing at the image of Seto and Duos flying out a throne room window, courtesy of the Magus of Illiusion. I'd pay big money to see that. You showed this character as a young woman who grew up quite quickly after her teacher gave his life, and you did it very well. Great job.
dragonwrangler chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I really enjoyed this story and the way you protray Mana and Mahado's relationship as teacher and student,especially in the flashbacks. I especially liked how you have Mana draw out Mahado's secret. Nicely done!
Dark Magician Girl Aeris chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
WOW! I totally loved this one! Mana's memories came out really realistic, and you captured Mahaado perfectly. Thank you! I feel... better somehow. Yes. I read the manga. I cried when Mahaado died. It was like, no! Because he's my favorite character of all time. but you drove home that he lives on in Mana. Go you!
Poetic Music Punk chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
*sniff* so sad ;_;. Me like! ,_,
valiaz chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Whoa, this was awesome! I think that hte relationship between Mahado and Mana has been explored really well. It's got a pretty sad touch to it, which is conveyed by the tone, but it's so captivating!

Thank you for writing this!
Heavenly Moments chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Very nice! I loved how you had the memories inbetween alot and everything! The way you wrote it was so surreal. :)
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
I found this to be absolutely beautiful! I have always wondered about the relationship between the DM and DMG. I hope that in...whatever world their Kas live in now that they are sealed within the cards that they are together. *sigh* Great job...but I'm a bit depressed...still great though!
shadowphantomness chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Wai! Not sappy fluff, good introspection, portrayal of DMG as more than a ditz, good work!
Misura chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
A thoroughly engaging and enjoyable read. I especially liked Mana's conversations with Mahado, playing back in her head, as well as her reflections on the events of the past. The combination of first/second pov works wonderfully well with this fic, seeming to bring it even closer to the reader.