Reviews for Shadow and Thought
Larner chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I find the bath interesting, and am glad that Faramir began laughing. But laughter is often a response to as well as a defense against embarrassment.
grumpy chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
See Faramir that was not so bad, what is a little mud between friends.
Laerien chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I must have seemed quite rude last time, but it was just because I was on an English lesson. We were surfing on the net, and I should have done tests to practice for my exam. And when the teacher wasn’t watching, I wrote that review, but I didn’t have much time. I’m sorry.

I loved the way Aragorn was coaxing Faramir :o)! Like a father does with his children who doesn’t want to bath! I could imagine Faramir’s embarrassment, being invited to bath with his King. (I don’t know if even I could bath with one of my friend, and they are surely not the High King of Gondor, so…) I’m really curious what the other part of the treatment is. I can hardly figure anything that would be harder for Faramir to endure. But you are full of surprises, so I think I’ll shut my mouth and wait for the next chapter.

About the mud-looking water. When I told this part to my sister, you should have seen her face… (She can’t read in English, but sometimes, I tell her a story I read. Yours have caught her interest, and now I have to recount her what’s happening) It was so amusing when she cried out “Oh, my God, I would have never gone into that damned fluid!” I had to hold back my laugh. :o)

And again, I have a question. About the silk shirts and arrows. Have you read that somewhere or it is purely ‘just’ your imagination?

I hope you’ll update soon, and after the end of this story, you will start a new one.

(Oops. This is a bit long. And I’m sure it is full of mistakes. Please bear with me!)
Patty chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I would NEVER mistake those beautiful heads of Aragorn and Faramir for pigs' heads. Uhuh, never in a million years.
Ithil-valon chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
I'm reminded of Eowyn's amusement at the shyness of the Gondorian men, lol. It's a bit endearing, isn't it? They may be warriors and used to seeing such in "camp", but it's quite another thing to experience that feeling of vulnerability that enforced intimacy must bring to two men. The men I know would be extremely uncomfortable in such a situation!

This elven treatment is all so interesting...it made me want to go soak in a "mud" bath, lol. All kidding aside, it must feel wonderful, like the warm wax soaks that have been used for arthritics.

I hate for this story to come to a close, but I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Julia chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
It was a mud bath! Cool. Nice to see Fara relax enough to get in and enjoy it. Now if the royal exchequer ever runs short of money, they can expand on the elven healing ideas and start a spa. I'm sure those rich Gondorian nobles would line up around the circle (you can't really say "around the block" about Minas Tirith) for it, and they'd be raking in the gold. Please update soon, I'm curious as to what is next.
Elenhin chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
Yeah, that would have Faramir staring as if he was wondering whatever he was crazy or not.

He, he's not crazy,just confused over what is going on.

I loved the image of a little Boromir and a little Faramir together in a bath and playing woht toy boats. Such a sweet mental picture, why is there not print button on mental pictures, I would print it out, frame it and hang it on my desktop, as a wallpaper.

I am glad that this will continue for some time longer, both becuase I am curious on the elven treatment, and becuase, I do not want to get to the end of such a great tale.

Hmm, seems to be breakfast time now, and I am really starving. Happens when one is awake for hours and does not want to eat before everyine else is awake as well.

So I shall eat now, and this was a great chapter, as I do not thinkt that I can sayt that to many times.

Since you write so great tales, and always leaves so kind words on mine, I have a small thing that I thought I should send you, so check your mailbox, I shall send it as soon as I have eaten.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Stoneage Woman chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
That was really funny. Faramir is an idiot of the first order. I know now why Eowyn feels exasperated with him at times. Good job!
Susan W chapter 40 . 2/17/2005
Most excellent! Glad you decided to write another chapter for this story. Mm! A mud bath, should have seen that one coming! snicker! :o

Nice to see Faramir continuing on his way to healing his scars both visible and invisible and the mutual friendship that is growing between King and Steward. I could just hear them laughing together when Fara told Aragorn what he was laughing about when he thought of pigs in the cookpot.

What is coming next in the elven treatment?

Update soon, please!
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 40 . 2/17/2005
Oh, lovely, I gtg!
Barbara Kennedy chapter 39 . 2/17/2005
Wow, I missed this chapter before. I had a problem with my internet access provider...

So glad I found it.
Barbara Kennedy chapter 40 . 2/17/2005
I think a part of the story is missing. here is where it ended...(Copy and pasted in...)

Aragorn looked round the table at his beloved and beautiful

That is all that was at the bottom of the page...
Patty chapter 39 . 2/16/2005
Somehow I had the idea that Arwen was further along in her pregnancy than she is. Oh well, we'll have just to wait a little longer for the heir.

I still enjoy reading about that marvelous bath. Um, nice. Even the visuals make me all warm and cozy.
Ithil-valon chapter 39 . 2/16/2005
Forgive me for not reviewing every chapter of this wonderful work! I must admit that I sometimes feel it's "ok" to not review when I know that a work has hundreds of reviews. After all, others can say it so much better than I can, surely my review won't be missed! But that's neither here nor there. A work that I enjoy as much as this should be reviewed, no matter how many other reviews it has received. I owe you that much for all your hard work!

There is an emotional level here that I have watched you so skillfully explore throughout this story. Faramir still seems to walk a narrow path between love and acceptance, and the dark fears of his past. He is beginning to trust Aragorn and open up to him, but I can see that it is still a struggle for him at times. Those scars are far more than skin deep, aren't they? As Aragorn heals the scars that mar Faramir's skin, I hope that he can begin to heal the deeper ones as well, the ones that scar the soul. I have some scars like that and I have been surprised to find this story touching upon them. It seems that no matter how deeply we bury them, they have a way of trying to come back to haunt us when we least expect it.

Well, you didn't expect to have "true confessions" in a review and I didn't expect to have "self analysis" either, but there it is. I think this chapter has helped me to realize, that like Faramir, there is more I need to face.
Ithil-valon chapter 38 . 2/16/2005
This was such a loving and warm chapter! The bond that Aragorn and Faramir are forming is solidified by the trust that Faramir is finally able to fully give him.

Hanna gave me the shivers too. Her ranting is disturbing. It's hard to hear such venom spewed out, even when you know the person is mentally disturbed. Shudder!
762 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »