Reviews for Shadow and Thought
Ithil-valon chapter 41 . 2/25/2005
Thanks for the interesting history lesson on silk and arrow heads!

On a light note, as a mother, I really "felt" for the poor servants who had to clean up all that mud from the tub! :)

I enjoyed this chapter because you have managed to convey the closeness of Aragorn and Faramir and the development of their trust in each other without making it sappy or overly sentimental. These are men who have suffered and proved their courage together, yet it takes a different type of courage to allow another to see your vulnerability. You brought them to this point quite effectively.

Mae Carnen, Mellon nin!
wanderwithme4now chapter 41 . 2/25/2005
The story is coming to an end! Is Arwen going to have her baby?
Elenhin chapter 41 . 2/25/2005
Very nicely done, the mud baths continued, or rather the baths continued to get rid of the mud. I really liked this, with Faramir joking with his king, and ducking him in the water.

Heh, that showed him, don't know what it showed him though, that Faramir can give back what he gets.

Seriously it was wonderfull, as always.

Ah, the end, hmm, there should be some Eowyn in it, and probebly some Arwen too, along with faded scars.

It will make Eowyn happy that Faramir's scars are faded.

That's about as educated as my guess goes. Not very good, but you are not all that easy to predict.

It's very good that you put out the info on the silk shirts. Does that mean I have been waisting my time making my chain mail shirt. Granted it is not finished yet, but I am making it middle ages standard, and some details are hard to figure out.

Still now it sounds like I sould just make myself a silk shirt instead. Maybe I can wear a silk shirt and mail over. That could work.

Also I am a bit distracted now, I've been watching the Sharpe movies these last few days, with Sean Bean. In the one we saw last nigh Sharpen kinda took a mudbath, at least he crawled around in the mud. So when reading about the mud bath Faramir and Aragorn took I keep seeing Sharpe all muddy. Could be worse though, the Sharpe movies are really good, have you seen them?

One drawback from running through the lot of them two to a day is that you think on a Sean Bean dialect, and some lads over here don't take to that. That's their problem though. Sean Bean is cool and Sharpe is great.

Anyway, I've got some things to take care of before break of fast, so thank you again for a great update, and take care.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
sielge chapter 41 . 2/25/2005
This one is beautiful done! I hope that after this story is finished we will have soon another one from you to enjoy it!
Barbara Kennedy chapter 41 . 2/25/2005
I'm not even going to guess, just enjoy the story as it unfolds.
Patty chapter 41 . 2/24/2005
I'm having a nice time visualizing Faramir in that velvet robe. Um, yes indeedy, nice!

Thanks for the info about Genghis Khan's horde.

Interesting, and they would have had access to

the finest silks.
Susan W chapter 41 . 2/24/2005
Great chapter! Was Faramir being "hasty" with his elven healing? :) Here we thought that Aragorn was tough and could handle the salve, yet he could not help but wriggle when it was applied to his back. Love the tough talking Steward warning Aragorn to be still or he would have to get Eowyn to learn the process. Snicker! ;)

Sigh! One more chapter to go! Hopefully that next storyline you have talked about will be ready to go up soon after this one.
MusicDreamer chapter 40 . 2/21/2005
Another excellent chapter. I've had so much computer trouble lately and I missed the last chapter. Sorry. I'm finally updating my story. I know it's been forever.
wolfover7 chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
brillant! so glad you are going to continue w/ the story a bit longer. i hope this ends the way i think it will. But like normal it won't... (sigh) i need to write my own story. oh well... keep writing i cant wait to see how it ends

adios

(woflover howls at moon)
Larner chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I find the bath interesting, and am glad that Faramir began laughing. But laughter is often a response to as well as a defense against embarrassment.
grumpy chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
See Faramir that was not so bad, what is a little mud between friends.
Laerien chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I must have seemed quite rude last time, but it was just because I was on an English lesson. We were surfing on the net, and I should have done tests to practice for my exam. And when the teacher wasn’t watching, I wrote that review, but I didn’t have much time. I’m sorry.

I loved the way Aragorn was coaxing Faramir :o)! Like a father does with his children who doesn’t want to bath! I could imagine Faramir’s embarrassment, being invited to bath with his King. (I don’t know if even I could bath with one of my friend, and they are surely not the High King of Gondor, so…) I’m really curious what the other part of the treatment is. I can hardly figure anything that would be harder for Faramir to endure. But you are full of surprises, so I think I’ll shut my mouth and wait for the next chapter.

About the mud-looking water. When I told this part to my sister, you should have seen her face… (She can’t read in English, but sometimes, I tell her a story I read. Yours have caught her interest, and now I have to recount her what’s happening) It was so amusing when she cried out “Oh, my God, I would have never gone into that damned fluid!” I had to hold back my laugh. :o)

And again, I have a question. About the silk shirts and arrows. Have you read that somewhere or it is purely ‘just’ your imagination?

I hope you’ll update soon, and after the end of this story, you will start a new one.

(Oops. This is a bit long. And I’m sure it is full of mistakes. Please bear with me!)
Patty chapter 40 . 2/19/2005
I would NEVER mistake those beautiful heads of Aragorn and Faramir for pigs' heads. Uhuh, never in a million years.
Ithil-valon chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
I'm reminded of Eowyn's amusement at the shyness of the Gondorian men, lol. It's a bit endearing, isn't it? They may be warriors and used to seeing such in "camp", but it's quite another thing to experience that feeling of vulnerability that enforced intimacy must bring to two men. The men I know would be extremely uncomfortable in such a situation!

This elven treatment is all so interesting...it made me want to go soak in a "mud" bath, lol. All kidding aside, it must feel wonderful, like the warm wax soaks that have been used for arthritics.

I hate for this story to come to a close, but I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Julia chapter 40 . 2/18/2005
It was a mud bath! Cool. Nice to see Fara relax enough to get in and enjoy it. Now if the royal exchequer ever runs short of money, they can expand on the elven healing ideas and start a spa. I'm sure those rich Gondorian nobles would line up around the circle (you can't really say "around the block" about Minas Tirith) for it, and they'd be raking in the gold. Please update soon, I'm curious as to what is next.
771 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »