Reviews for Shadow and Thought
kyoiku kanji chapter 13 . 3/19/2013
See, this is so good, I almost forgot my foreboding as I put things together last chapter... the visions of war and a certain letter a certain distraught young lady wrote to her brother...

But let's forget that for now and look for it, I believe in the next story in line (I so have to go to bed before then. )

You have thoroughly pulled me into your vision and share it so well. Thank you!
kyoiku kanji chapter 11 . 3/19/2013
A good chapter, again. One much needed, but I fear on this roller coaster (with only half the story told... that it is the... "Deep breath before the plunge" But hopefully this time the cars are better aligned...
kyoiku kanji chapter 10 . 3/19/2013
And... UNDERSTANDING! wow. Very powerful stuff and powerful imagery and emotions, as raw as the wounds that have, thankfully, laid them bare.

Well done, indeed.
kyoiku kanji chapter 9 . 3/19/2013
So... things are good between Aragorn and Faramir... Aragorn is getting better... good... Things between Eowyn and either of them... not so good.

And I keep wanting to scold Eowyn, which means I am definitely invested (in case you couldn't figure that out since I've favorited the story, am devouring it and commenting as often as I can!)
kyoiku kanji chapter 8 . 3/19/2013
Wow... this is getting intense and I don't like how familiar the lady in the kitchen seemed...

(and thankful once again that I am coming in on this with it finished so I can hit next as quickly as I can to find out what happens next. )

I just hope Eowyn gets the clue soon before they're all too hurt to do anything about it!
kyoiku kanji chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
Wow. So well done. It is hard to do something like this and not overdo it. There is tension and pain, but humor to be had as well... and a spark of realism.

And THANK YOU for letting Eowyn rescue them in very... Eowynesque (is that a word?) fashion. Let'd hear it for the ladies of the Mark! And for writers who bring them to life!
kyoiku kanji chapter 4 . 3/18/2013
Oh man... Faramir... from now on.. you have a vision, you act on it. See the king in danger, lock him a a fluffy room with no edges!

And you know I like I story when I start yelling at the characters... man... well.. at least Faramir's figured out that Aragorn... he's not that bad and what you see is what you get...

kyoiku kanji chapter 3 . 3/18/2013
Ah yes... Faramir and visions... something I tend to forget. Very powerful, very wise... and sometimes you really wish the wise would listen to themselves when they give advice...

Beautifully done!
kyoiku kanji chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
And the pieces are moved around in such a way that things could go very, very badly. I love the way you're weaving this and showing us how events occur from each person's point of view... the tale is aptly named for it is like a shadow play, with each person's thoughts on what they see, rather than what is.

Very well woven.
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I always love, and cringe at the "he said, she said" type scenario and how the same experiences can mean different things to different people depending on how they look at it. This has "Uh-oh" (in a good way) written all over it.

This is the kind of relationship tale that I cannot write well and maintain. As always you have captured my imagination and drawn me into the tale until the only thing I can say is "Next!"
L. M. Masquerade chapter 22 . 12/11/2012
Boromir's illegitimate child... Always knew he had one. Or two. Or 43.
L. M. Masquerade chapter 15 . 12/11/2012
I feel the need to tell someone about my pet plans. I shall have two cats called Merry and Pippin, two fish named Boromir and Faramir, and a dog named Aragorn, Estel, Elessar, or Strider. Probably Estel.
L. M. Masquerade chapter 14 . 12/11/2012
For some reason, I read this out of curiosity. This interlude, I mean. I'm kinda young for these stories but my friend and I laugh hysterically at the stupidity of descriptions and such. I guess you can say we are immature and psychopaths. :) You made this really tender and sweet, until that last paragraph.
L. M. Masquerade chapter 12 . 12/11/2012
Speaking of a flame on Aragorn's brow, I read a hilarious story where his eyebrows catch on fire. I do believe it is "Aragorn Needs Flame-Retardant Eyebrows" by Lirenel. :)
L. M. Masquerade chapter 5 . 12/11/2012

Wait- bugs? In his... Wounds? I am so thouroughly creeped out and grossed out. Gaaaaaaah, now I have the heebie jeebies and my skin is crawling.
771 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »