Reviews for Shadow and Thought
The Girl in the Red Jacket chapter 2 . 10/28/2004
Aw, poor Faramir. He really isn't having an easy time with this. As much as I hate to say it, I think he needs to grow a bit more of a spine and get a self esteem boast before his problems will start to get solved.
Quickbeam1 chapter 2 . 10/28/2004
Oh this is even sadder! I could see Eowyn stating everything she said if she felt betrayed. The girl has always had spirit. In fact I think you caught the manners and personality of everyone at the banquet wonderfully. Oh what a grave misunderstanding when all could be well but for a few ill choice words spoken. Reading your author's note, I fear where this misunderstanding might lead to before all is set to right. Am I right in assuming that perhaps Arwen (putting on weight and glowing) is pregnant? Looking forward to more!
Quickbeam1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Poor Faramir. Poor Eowyn. I'm sure the meaning of Aragorn's words were mistaken by Eowyn at the wedding feast. I can see why Faramir would hold back from showing his affection, but his good intention seem the worst possible course of action he could have taken. I feel so bad for the lonely steward, but he is so honorable thinking of others feelings over his own. I wonder why, however, he would fear that someday Aragorn would reject him. I guess from past life experiences he's come to expect that. I'm glad he's receiving kindness and compassion from the king. Hopefully this support will help to break through this impass that's formed and will bring Eowyn and Faramir back together.
noxfiction chapter 2 . 10/28/2004
Faramir angst! Don't stop. *hugs Faramir*... great writing, I loved that you said Arwen was "ever the diplomat", brilliant!

This is definitely going into my favourites!
Mysterious Jedi chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Poor Eowyn and Faramir. I look forward to seeing how this plays out!
noxfiction chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Oh wow! I'm SO glad youve started this! Faramir in black velvet... *swoons* You have the right idea! 8D

Brilliant writing as always, I will look forward to your updates!
grumpy chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
good start to your story. To bad that Eowyn has let her mind take a comment the wrong way. Now she and Faramir have had bad year. looking forward to more
Patty chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Oh my, how sad that kind words can be misinterpreted! Don't keep these two apart too

long, please.

I'm certainly glad you're giving us another story;

you're one of my favorite authors.
Julia chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Can't somebody lock these two in closet until they come to their senses and TALK to each other? I'm depending on Aragorn and Arwen to help!
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
And interesting and intriguing start. I am looking forward to more of this...however I do have one complaint. I think maybe you should have fleshed out the part where Eowyn misinterpreted Aragorn's words more. I find it a bit hard to believe she would be so skeptical of Faramir's love that one saying would be enough to make her doubt it. But honestly, without that little flaw, very good!
Arahiril chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Well, you've just plopped us right into the middle of an angst-fest. Very good opening, I must say - though the family drama is so sad. They had better start figuring things out! (Though that would hardly be any fun... I must say that I am more than a little psyched for your latest story... *guilty of loving angst and h/c*). But anyway. I digress.

*sighs contentedly* Oh, I'm so looking forward to whatever terrible things you're going to throw in their way! *will be hanging on your every word*

Your work is wonderful and extremely addictive. I hope you update soon and often.
nautika chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
OH, this is good! I can hardly wait for the rest of it!
MusicDreamer chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Uh Oh poor Eowyn thinks Faramir doesn't love her. Aragorn happened to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Excellent beginning and thanks for reviewing my story. I appreciate it so much.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Not an auspicious beginning to the marriage of Faramir and Eowyn. They're both two insecure for their own good. I'm surprised that Faramir didn't talk more with Eowyn before going to sleep, to put her more at ease and tell her he loved her.

The Girl in the Red Jacket chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Oh, interesting. It's wonderful what a little miscommunication will do. Well, not wonderful for them but wonderful to start a story with. It's too early to think.

Poor Eowyn, she's giving herself grief when there really is none. And poor Faramir and his insecurities. They really should, you know, talk to each other. Amazing practise, that.
771 | « Prev Page 1 .. 41 48 49 50 51 52 Next »