Reviews for Path of Life, Book One: Finding a Path
jasonred chapter 2 . 1/24/2006
I like it so far! But it's a little slow...

Also, athletics wise, Ranma is a MONSTER. I mean, he'd have like 18(00) strength, at least. 19 dex. He's probably the equivalent of a very very high level monk character, at least. So, even with amnesia and relying on instinct alone, I wouldn't see non-experts managing to defend even one of his attacks.
phil chapter 3 . 1/19/2005
"Most surprising was when a load of barrels were accidentally knocked over into the ocean, and Ranma dove in, saved the barrels, and then even managed to out-swim the ship for several lengths, before he was able to get out of the water."

Obviously the something strange he discovers will not be that he is cursed to turn into a girl with cold water.

Well written, but Ranma is now just a generic character... (Since exploration of male/female viewpoints is one of the main reasons I like to read Ranma stories.)
Kalissa chapter 3 . 12/23/2004
Nice story. I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

Keep up the good work!
Mysticalflame chapter 3 . 12/23/2004
::comes closer, crouches down. "Everyone ready? GET 'EM!"::

man! I was hoping for some more! :P oh well, guess I'll just have to wait. unlees, the author doesn't wish to DIE!

or you can have my puppy. I'm sure you'd much rather take care of this pupp than die, right? Unless of course you've seen him and had him around the house...then I could probably forget about that. Darnit!

Anyway, I really like this story, it's good. yeah, and after threatening you and trying to make you suffer with my puppy, all I'm gonna say is that? heheheh

Merry Christmas!
Ryla chapter 3 . 12/23/2004
Yo! Not much to say about this chapter, you're still piecing the prologue together it seems. I voted for Ryouga and not my own character mainly because my character is practically a god. (I cheat some. I like to boost my stats to inhuman levels, mainly Hand-to-Hand, with a little of Acrobatics and Unarmored. It's FUN being as powerful as a werewolf all the time!)

The other reason is that you pretty much already know how Ryouga acts and it would be much more troublesome to learn an entirely new character. BUT if you want OC's, I could send you mine. Maybe stick him in as a cameo or something, I dunno. Well, Ja Ne!
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 12/23/2004
This was a pleasant chapter, not a whole lot going on per se, just Ranma adjusting to life in this new world. I do hope tyhat when his curse gets revealed, as I can almost guess that it will, that the people he's around will be a little more accepting of it. After all, he really needs people that will help him grow up, esdpecially as he didn't get to do that in Nerima much, except for a few exceptions. It's my hope that Ranma will get to be able to adjust without everyone trying to kill him, and maybe, he'll start to have a more normal life, rather that what he's gone through for so many years.
Innortal chapter 3 . 12/22/2004
Personally, I think Nabiki would be the best one to drop in Ranma's lap, as it would be the perfect situation to put her in to make her reconsider Ranma as a dumb jock instead of the nice guy he really is, and since neither has any memory, with only flashes for Ranma, it would be a great start. Akane would be a great appearance for a dark ruler (poisons her specialty), Kasumi's counterpart could be a benevolent ruler, one who's subjects would never betray and would fight till death to protect or a guardian fairy for Ranma, and Nodoka could be a Xena-type warrior, seems innocent until you piss her off. Soun and Genma could be the comic relief for the bumbling idiots sent to fight Ranma, with the others making their comical appearances as well. Of course, if you choose this path, you'll eventually have to make counterparts for Ranma and the girl you choose.

But then again, I am partial myself to the Nabiki/Ranma matchup (violent girls are a real turn-off, and I have dealt with too many pig-headed people to last me a life time, plus Nabiki sacrificed her very life for the family (going from a happy girl to the lonely Ice Queen).

Either way, I await to see how it develops.

Innortal
TT chapter 2 . 11/17/2004
This story is well writen and has enormous potential. Though introducing what seems to be a one-dimensional character at the beginning is pretty pointless (I am referring to the healer). You could have just had the crew look after him. On a brighter note, your spelling and grammar is excellent. The only one wrench in the machine being that the chapters are extremely short. I find that planning out the main points and then fleshing it out works wonderfully for me. Concerning the other character thrown in, I believe that Ryouga should be put in there. Just for the hilarity of it. I can already imagine some of the trouble his sense of direction is going to get Ranma and him into. Furthermore, he is the most plausible character to get along with Ranma. As his closest rival, he will not slow Ranma down, yet is close enough in power so that he provides a source of motivation for Ranma to improve. He is also, ironically (considering how much he has declared to hate Ranma) probably the closest thing to a best friend Ranma ever had. But I digress, I wish you the best in this story, but please, I implore you, don't turn this into either:

A: Ranma is a god story. or

B: Ranma has perfect manners story.

Because as good as both sound, none of them are vaguely interesting enough to maintain attention.
Mysticalflame chapter 2 . 11/15/2004
well...if that didn't take long enough , jk. i support Ryouga going, simply because his own life isn't so wonderful back in Nerima. but seeing as how i am very lazy (and not afraid to admit it ) i can only state my opinion. i don't expect you to change the story just cuz of my opinion, heck you prolly don't care heheh, but it's fun to do either way. yeah, anyway. i have a question. (like always ::rolls eyes at self::) i'm assuming that the peeps in this place aren't very martial arts-y, so Ranma's abilities will be amazing. but who will he have to fight against? he, as said in this chapter, has no knowledge of Magicka so...anyway, see ya!

~.
ReDragon37 chapter 2 . 11/15/2004
Cool! Thanks for updating! Seems nothing real important has happened so far, just setting up the ... uh, setting. I still think Ryouga should cross over too, although I think he should loose his memories and POSSIBLY become Ranma's friend this time around. After all, they weren't exactly bitter enemies the first time around. I think they were more like (semi)friendly rivals since Ryouga HAS been known to help Ranma out now and then (even if he did have ulterior motives).
Innortal chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Not bad, you have a nice opening, the usual character reactions, as well as Ranma getting introduced to his new life. You haven't had any new love interests enter in, with maybe the exception of the ship's healer, but you are welcome to take that in any direction.

You may want to include that old lady gathering all of Ranma's family and fiancees to let them know what she did and why she did it, as I seem to believe that even Ryoga might find a way to him. Don't be afraid to let the old lady let them have it if you choose my option, maybe have her point out that between one cursed to cook nothing but poison, one cursed to always be lost, one cursed to be constantly out of touch with the real world (insert any Kuno here), and all the other assorted quirks, she is surprised the kid did not simply kill them all and be done with it.

Keep up the story, as I cannot offer you any suggestions about the new world Ranma is in, as I can only recall what I have seen from other anime series.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Innortal
Lord Rance chapter 2 . 11/15/2004
You actually did pretty good, quite frankly. I was wondering though, why there are only a few main characters, then I read the part where you would bring someone from Ranma's homeworld.

By way of language barrier... how did it get solved?

Also, regarding on who should be sent over, I think it would've been good if it were Kasumi.

Ryoga I don't want to be near Ranma, not only because I have a sincere dislike of the guy's attitude, but also you took the liberty of erasing Ranma's memory to fix his life. No need to bring that idiot back into Ranma's relatively normal life.

Nodoka won't have anything to do there.
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 11/15/2004
This was a good second chapter, (though it felt a litle compact for some reason), and helps to show the reader a few things. Subconciously, Ranma still remembers his training, and as such, would probably be an excellent fighter in this world, though whether that would make him a Ranger or another title, I'll wait and see. Also, he still retains his cockiness a little, though this has been tempered by his memory loss, which would probbly be a good thing, as maybe he won't stick hi foot in his mouth so much. As for who you would bring over, My vote is for Kasumi. Even if she lost her memories of her world, I still think that she would make a great healer, as well as a romantic interest for Ranma. Even thou they maight lose memories, they would still have that underlying attraction for one another. I don't think you should bring Ryoga over, unless he does a complete personality change, because he'll always be antagonistic towards Ranma, imo, and that would then void the wish. Nododka might, though I'll have to think about that a little more.
windwingxs chapter 2 . 11/14/2004
Heh, this will be interesting. Ranma dropped into Morrowind with no memory and forced to become a sailor. _ I'd sell tickets if I could. PS, I say Ryouga and have them team up. Why, I don't know.

- Windwingxs
Mysticalflame chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
i LOVE it!

::adds to author alert list::

why don't you try and send Ryoga after him, i mean, didn't Ranma consider Ryoga as a friend? one of the closest he had, but i dunno... I's say wait till Ranma get's himself settled in, or whatever ya wanna do to him, and then send over Ryoga or something. oh, and would anyone else ya send over lose their memory as well? it might cause problems if one of them had memory's and told the other person specific parts of their life that shouldn't be remembered I suppose...but what am I saying this for?it's your story, sorry for letting my imagination get away again!

see ya!