Reviews for Abandoned
Unknown chapter 3 . 5/7
Jean-Yves does have a last name since the owners of Tomb Raider used Jean-Yves Empereur, a REAL French archaeologist. Apparently he wasn't too impressed that the owners used him as a character so he demanded an apology and in Tomb Raider Chronicles they changed Jean-Yves (First shown in Revelation) to a Charles Kane.
Tomb Raider version of Jean-Yves doesn't have a surname I don't think
kelis chapter 6 . 10/12/2013
WHAT! i thought this was a kurtis and lara fanfic but imma keep reading this storycuz it is good so far so i know its gonna get better
TR Lara Croft chapter 31 . 10/9/2013
I absolutly loved this story, it totally amazing...
You are a talented writer ;)
ExtremeRainbowRaiderPrincess chapter 31 . 4/4/2009
I loved your story, still do! It's one of the reasons I am a fan fiction author now! You really are a great author!
Nightmareish Rain chapter 31 . 7/22/2008
I absolutly loved this story. i wasn't as awed by the epilogue...but no matter, it amazed me! You are a talented writer! thankyou for giving me this pleasurable read!

Nightmareish Rain
dandyrocket chapter 31 . 7/4/2008

I've just read your story and me like a lot! :D

It's original and different from the stories I've read so far. From time to time Lara was a bit out of character but it wasn't so bad. After all this is mine opinion. I hope that you will write more stories with Lara because this one was great.

PashN chapter 29 . 5/27/2008
Your story is one of my favorites (Yes, even after nine months.:P)You've managed to keep them all in character which is (sadly)rare in TR fandom.

'Preach him to death...' I like it!:D

Update soon.

Pash xx
T.w.I.l.I.g.H.t-LuVeR-4.eva chapter 29 . 5/23/2008
That wuz a great story! I don't really like Kurtis much but I think he's nice in this story. Update soon, PLEEZE? *begs screen while praying quietly to herself*
His songbird chapter 29 . 5/11/2008
Wow. That was great mate! Your writing is still fun. I love how you write Lara so tough yet proper. I also love how 'American' you write Kurtis. *LoL* How did you become such an expert on Americans?

Anyhoo, am looking forward to chappie 29. Until then mate... *smiles and salutes*
KittenKez chapter 28 . 11/9/2007
Woohoo. Love this fic D can't wait for an update. Great story and plot.

Fantastic, the way you have done the relationship between Lara and Kurtis.

PashN chapter 28 . 6/27/2007
Wow, an update at last. I thought you're not going to update it.

Good chapter that was well written like always. I almost gasped when I understood it was Karel. I was thinking about Kurtis. He came back all of a sudden that I wasn't expecting him. I wonder what you have in mind for the last battle? Blue lights?:P(If you remember the PM)

Update sooner.
Jordy chapter 28 . 6/23/2007
I'm glad you updated! I've always liked this story. The classic raiding part in this chapter is fun, with all the traps and puzzles making it feel very reminiscent of the games. I also love the part when Lara is lifted to safety after nearly falling, only to have it turn out to be Karel and not Kurtis. That was a cool surprise.

One thing which sticks out a bit is some of Kurtis' dialogue; there's a tendency for him to speak in a very formal, precise manner which seems out of character to me. Maybe you could consider making him sound a bit more slangy and casual and generally American?

Other than that, a very entertaining update. Keep writing :)
TheQhamian chapter 4 . 4/13/2007
You probably don't get too many reviews from these early chapters anymore but I'm a latecomer. I really like this idea of the genesis of Lara's career. It's something you don't really see much of anymore. I'll be reading on.
passiveXvoice chapter 27 . 2/24/2007
Aw, your Kurtis is endearing. :) I liked this chapter very much, even the intimate parts, lol, which I usually like to skip over in stories, even when they're good. :) I think it's a good characterization of Lara, shows how she really might not take too well to Kurtis coming onto her so soon, but then she realizes that she's comfortable with him, etc. I think that a chapter, or few, from his POV would be interesting. I liked the references too to Lara's past as well, especially the part about having to sleep in a field when she was kicked out of her house. :)
AcidRush chapter 3 . 2/21/2007
Ah! I started reading this story when it was new, but it seems I never finished it. Oh well, better late than never, eh? I'm going to put this on my favourites and work my way through it, start to finish (there's a definite advantage to reading fics *after* they're completed!).

You've got a great writing style and you really do know how to set a scene. Unfortunately, in your earlier chapters at least, you sometimes detract from that with in-chapter author's notes. I don't know if you still do this, but personally I think it would be better if you put them at the end of the chapter. Having them in the middle jolts you back to reality and reminds you that what you're reading is a story, and when an author can create such vivid scenes for the reader to 'watch' in their minds, it's a shame to break that spell.

Well, I look forward to being able to come back and read more of this, and hopefully finish it soon. Quite an original take, this story, in terms of the framework that most TR fanfic sticks to.