Reviews for The Grief Of Gandalf The Grey
Anon chapter 3 . 4/20/2014
Glorfinder, how cute.
crepusculodeverano chapter 3 . 2/18/2011
una maravilla

hi, I read all your fanfics, I really enjoyed all, you have a great talent writing, It's so detailed and good (I don't know how to say what I want to say... I'm very bad at writing english... )

Thank you for all this beautiful fics, I'm glad if I can read more in the future :D
fantasybookworm08 chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
Lol, I loved that last chapter, with all of those men fighting over who got to keep Anomen with them. Especially Glorfindel being a big ole softy, it's so cute. . I have to say, the ending made up for the tear that the beginning of the chapter made me shed. :)
mychemicalromancefreak29 chapter 3 . 4/20/2006
Good story! You should keep writing if there is more!
farflung chapter 3 . 5/25/2005
Oh my yes. Lah-di-dah. Go fetch someone to save the poor mite. Be sure and stop and smell the roses on the way.

Gandalf and the poor, white, stiff body all laid out. Sob.

When you said serious you meant it. Thank goodness for Gwaihir. I have seen eagles grab salmon on the Columbia River and take them to their nests for their hatchlings. It is an awesome sight.

You worked the eagles into your tales. I don't think we ever had them before. Nice warm eagle duvet. M Comfy.

Yes Saruman comfort Gandalf with all the ways that the elfling could have met his demise. I am sure that will be of great help to the grieving process. Not.

My heart reproaches me. Oh my. Then the elflings. How do you explain death to deathless beings. Especially really young tender hearted ones. An extra kiss in memory of Anomen. How sweet.

Gwairhir has quite a sense of humor for an eagle. Saruman like a cold fish he doesn't have a taste for. Who knew he was such a comedian.

The memorial service was just great. First one ball of dust, then two, then two dirty elves then one glorious resurrection of an elfling. Erestor shed a tear, Gandalf almost squeezed the life out of him, Elrond lost his eyebrows. Doesn't get much better than that.

I loved the musical beds.

Saruman foiled again. Boo Hiss

Thanx for a happy ending chapter.
farflung chapter 2 . 5/25/2005
Not read for pleasure? I thought Saruman was viles but twisted as well.

The wizard gets a little carried away with that mellifluous voice of his doesn't he? Had to rein himself in a few times and back track. He had better be careful with such a clever elfling to hand. Of course 'nomie already has his number.

I wouldn't want to ride on the same horse as Saruman either. He is just too strange.

It figures he would only have vicious horses. That leads us to the decision that Anomen is just no good for his purposes and must be disposed of. I thought the elfling was very good at diplomacy but no not good enough for a wizard to twist.

Pity that Saruman understood elven character because here goes 'nomie into the raging river. Oh well. Here is his adventure. A little more than he probably wanted.

Thanx for a spooky chapter.
farflung chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
Elrohir is quite the little tattle tale in this chapter of Life in Rivendell. So Anomen is a Bad Influence. At least Elrohir was hoist in his own petard and they will all fletch arrows.

Glorfindel was right about finding the price a youngling won't pay. A very good friend told me when DD was very little that every child being different it was almost never necessary to spank a child. You just found out the price they were not willing to pay to be naughty. With each child it would be different. Some are harsh words, some confinement, taking away a privilege. With this advice I never had to spank DD once and people marvel at her good manners, good sense and sense of responsibility. I bask in the glory of having reared an exceptional child with very little emotional turmoil. Glorfindel seems to have taken this principle to heart also. Good for him.

Elrond is also very good about child psychology. Elrohir does care for Anomen very much. When there are three younglings two of them usually pair up according to personality so it is inevitable that one feels left out sometimes. So 'nomie will get an adventure. Ouch it is to be Isengard. Things will not all be roses here I can tell.

A little heartache for Elrohir. That might not be a bad thing. As long as Elladan doesn't rub it in.

A friend of mine had triplets. I used to go visit. It was sometimes a four hour drive. At the end I would sit on the couch ringed by four younglings all determined to fill me in on their lives since last I had seen them. I felt like Gandalf. Dizzy and buzzy headed.

Birds, elves and men, orcs, is the earth round. AUGH! Enough already. But is a sweet innocent little elfling supposed to be satisfied when it comes to knowledge? Well of course not but even a wizard has his limits.

Great ploy by Gandalf and it worked. 'Nomie got a nice good nap.

Saruman and his desire to be first in everything. He just doesn't get it does he. Gandalf and Anomen have a relationship based on trust, affection and respect. Gandalf is 'nomie's wizard and Anomen is Gandalf's own special elfling. That is so sweet.

Oh no Legolas has to stay at Isengard with Saruman. RED ALERT!

Thanx for a nice start to what sounds like a rip roaring tale.
dragonfly chapter 3 . 11/3/2004
Finally will let me leave a review. Jeez.

Loved Glorfindel's reaction to Anomen's 'death', he loves that elfling so much. Very sweet.

Poor Elrohir, I bet now he may think twice before he says/does hurtful things.

Loved the elfing bedtime swapping. No one wants to let him out of their sight now.

Oh, and HAHA Saruman, take that!
AndiBlack chapter 3 . 11/1/2004
Aw! This chapter was sad :( and it was sad how Elrohir thought it was his fault. And Elrond was so... brave for everyone.

Ah this was nontheless a good chapter. Is this the last or are there more?

- Andi
Terreis chapter 3 . 11/1/2004
LOL! I love it! The image of Anomen being carted from room to room, curled up next to Glorfindel, then Erestor, then Gandalf, probably Elrond, back and forth, to and fro...

It's great! This was such a good story, as all your stories usually are, and the closing paragraph is a little bit of 'wink and nod'. Great job! And I can't wait for more, whenever it comes and whatever it is!
Joee1 chapter 3 . 10/31/2004
When I was reading the part where Saruman finds out that Anomen is alive, I couldn't help but think of that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean when Barbossa sees Jack again after he thinks he has gotten rid of him again and is like "No...it's not possible."

I felt so bad when Elrond was trying to explain Anomen's fate to the twins. I couldn't imagine ahvign to explain something like that to a child.

I love how everyone kept stealing Anomen to sleep with them!

Good story, I hope you can do another elfling on soon )
Karri chapter 3 . 10/31/2004
A delightful conclusion to a entertaining story! I enjoyed it enormously. I will cross my fingers for another elfling tale in the near future. (Perhaps some more angsty elfling Anomen and Glorfy bonding one of these days, if a idea strikes you?)
Masha chapter 2 . 10/31/2004
Wonderful

Wonderful

Wonderful!

you're a doll! Thank you so much!

This is amazing so far... all the touching moments btw/ elfling and wizard more than i could have hoped for!

And we aren't even to the angst yet!

Speaking of angst... where is chapter 3?

i need chapter 3!

poor Gandalf shall be crushed... cannot wait to see...erm...hear..i mean, read his musings.

gulliver's travels!

i should have known.

cant say i enjoyed the book very much... the laputans freaked me out a bit.

i mean, if the wife preferred to be beaten by the guard on earth than be with all the reasonable thinkers on the floating... island- it MUST have been bad.

sry, barret has me brainwashed.

irrational man must read. while i dont agree with everything he has to say, its very interesting.

now that i have successfully diverted myself, and bored you... i beg again for a swift update!

haha...swift, gullivers travels...

right, going now.

hannon le, mellon nin!

Masha
dragonfly chapter 2 . 10/30/2004
*growls at Saruman* Nice how he just suddenly decides he's 'tired' of Anomen & pretty much throws him away like a piece of trash. *growls more*