Reviews for I Believe
imag2015 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
This is a great story!
Dragon Starfire chapter 8 . 7/28/2010
Oh my god this story is just sooooo amazing. It made me cry somewhat and wanna squee. I loved it. You did a spectacutlar job.
Kathy5645 chapter 8 . 4/4/2010
This was as lovely as the first. I wish terribly Legolas didn't have to die, but I think it makes the story all the more beautiful.
Ohtar Vicky chapter 8 . 3/20/2009
Oh, that was so briliant! But so very sad!

That song always makes me cry, for so many dear people i have lost, and almost lost, in my life.

You write beautifully and i wish you luck in whatever you choose to write next.

Namariƫ.

V*
Wantanelf chapter 8 . 1/22/2005
What a beautiful story. It really touched me. I lost someone very close to me not long ago and your story hit very close to home. For someone so young you are very wise. Maybe you really are an elf. Thank you for a sad, but lovely story. I Believe too.
lindahoyland chapter 8 . 1/21/2005
I loved your ending,how true to life we have to learn to live with loss while knowing our loved ones are not far away.I look forward to reading more of your work.
viviana chapter 8 . 1/21/2005
This last chapter was simply BEAUTIFUL.

You're such a talented writer, I'm sure your book will be a great success!.

In the meantime...I'll be waiting for another fic.
Dreamality chapter 8 . 1/21/2005
What a beautiful, beautiful ending. It was absolutely perfect, leaving all ends neatly tied up and presented like a lovely little gift. There is nothing lacking, no questions left for me to ask, nothing that needs to be changed.

I love the image of Aragorn and Arwen's son tugging on Gimli's beard, and that of Arwen placing flowers on Legolas' grave. The part about her kissing her fingertips... I don't know why but it still lingers in my head. I can absolutely see it, right down to the way the trees rustle around her.

My favorite line is "when the moonlight painted the world in silver-gray." It's so descriptive and lovely. *sigh* You are an amzing writer. Absolutely superb.

I have no doubt in your ability to write and publish a book. Please, please, please let me know how that goes. I would love to buy a copy or two! You can find my e-mail on my bio page, or hopefully I will see another fic from you here on and you can inform me through that. Good luck, and never stop writing!

Thank you so very, very much for writing this. :) Reading your words makes me feel happy and at peace.
MarieThea chapter 8 . 1/21/2005
I really liked this story, even had a great review until the screen went mysteriously to "look up the words..." So its gone. Oh well.

Anyway. I liked this story very much, and in fact it improved my opinion of the first story. It sort of completed what happened there very nicely.

And I am very glad I did read, because the only reason I did was it had exactly 1 words, and I thought that was cool. Fate works in mysterious ways, hmm?
Silver Thorne chapter 8 . 1/21/2005
*sits back, sips chocolate milk and smiles warmly*

What a beautiful, hopeful end!

I just knew that you'd manage to once again leave me with that content feeling, having read another one of your beautiful stories! As always, you convey the emotion of the characters so potently!

Gimli's beard, *Grins* such comic-relief!

Again, Arwen's touching closeness to Legolas is so greatly conveyed, even in her most simple gestures. Again that word, "beautiful!"

Oh meldir, hannon le for sharing your creativity through such a wonderful story!

As for your book *grins widely and winks* Foaming at the mouth, much?

Much love to you, Gwathel! As always!

~ Silver Thorne
Jame K chapter 7 . 1/4/2005
Only one more chapter? I am heartbroken - but I will content myself with re-reading this story many times.

Anyways, I think this chapter might have moved me more than any of the others (despite it's brevity). The emotions encompassed in this chapter are amazing. Arwen's real qualities (or I suppose your portrayl of them) astounded me. Her anger was understandable even if it was unfounded, especially considering her pregancy. Then, you flow so seamlessly from her anger into shame into sorrow into guilt and, then, again into anger. Such a beautiful flowing of raw emotion. I also really loved these lines because (as I said a few lines ago) Arwen's emotions are very (can't think of a proper word to describe what I'm thinking) raw/real/loud. She has been so strong and now she is slipping. My beloved grandfather has taken ill in the last few weeks so I'm learning what it is like to be a full-time caretaker. You can be strong for so long - but then emotions just creep up on you and leave you feeling so exposed and... raw - like the parched ground of a dried riverbed. So, basically, Arwen's own feeling seemed to almost mirror my own.

And, then, of course, your last paragraph. Or, more specifically, your last line. Or the last three words if you really want the bare minimum. Aragorn is home. He is at peace. He has walked the paths of fantasy and returned to his home - to his reality. He has realized that Legolas is there - but only as a dream, the fond rememberance that tugs at his heart and the shadow at the corner of his eye. Arwen, however, is his reality, his responsibility, and his passion. He will never wander the paths of fantasy because, with (I suppose) Legolas's help, he has found the line of fantasy and reality and stepped firmly into what is real.

Any ways, those are the reasons I love this chapter. I'm probably going off to send you an email after I finish this. Random ramblings of life just don't seem to be appropiate in a review - though I think I do that already :-P

Namarie!

~Kristen
lindahoyland chapter 7 . 1/4/2005
I just loved the atmosphere of this chapter and the way you depict Arwen's very realistic mixed feelings and her bond with both Aragorn and Legolas
Silver Thorne chapter 7 . 1/4/2005
...I can just picture all of this on a movie screen...you paint with your words so wonderfully, Rochon!

How potent Arwen's grief is...so real and natural that she should feel so torn with her emotions.

How well you hint at what befell Legolas! So well constructed in her angry, hurting, remorseful thoughts!

I utterly loved this, "She closed her eyes as a calm began to fill her. It felt as though a soft touch was seeping through the breeze, like a hand cupping her cheek"...absolutely beautiful...

Oh Meldir! I cannot wait for more!

I love the way you echoed the words the Spirit Talker used at the end of the previous chapter.

"Go home."

"I am home."

Beautiful.

*many hugs*

~ Silver Thorne
Silver Thorne chapter 6 . 1/4/2005
"Go home."

I think the knot in my throat is choking me. How simple an instruction yet how difficult to comply. Poor Aragorn! You can sense his pain, his hope...

As always you write beautifully, meldir! I am so grateful to read your work again! I apologise profusely for my late reviewing, it is unforgiveable!

I am off to read the other chapters now before I have to haul my arse to college! *Grins insanely*

Much love, Gwathel.

~Silver Thorne
Dreamality chapter 7 . 1/3/2005
At first glance, I was disappointed that it was so short. Then I read it, soaked in every word of it, and was glad it had ended where it did, because it provided just enough to make me feel so hard for Arwen, then breathe out a sigh of relief when Aragorn was home. It was the perfect place to stop, keeping emotions at their highest.

What will come of Aragorn's visit to the Spirit-Talker is baffling me. Did it provide him with closure enough to say goodbye to Legolas, or did it only add fuel to his fires and make him want revenge more? And what will Faramir and Gimli think, much less Arwen?

I do hope her birth goes well and that Aragorn doesn't go rushing off again soon.

Reading about Arwen's connection with Legolas makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, but sort of painfully fuzzy. She obviously loved him, of course differently than she loves Aragorn, and in many ways saying goodbye to Legolas was saying goodbye to her Race, since not many other Elves are in Gondor.

As usual, I was so excited that you updated and it was well worth the wait. :) It's beautifully tragic and wonderfully heartbreaking and your words are chosen perfectly and strung together like twinkling lights on a beautiful Christmas tree.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »