Reviews for Haradrim
EarthMama chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
I'm intrigued by where this is going (maybe it was the "cock crowing" that got me...ha haaaa! Good one!) I know the last update was in '04, but I really hope you haven't abandoned this. This story has great potential!
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 1/24/2007
Any chance you are planning on finishing this story? It's really good, so far, and I would like to see the end of it!
Susan W chapter 2 . 11/9/2004
Nice chapter! Hm! I wonder about the first part starting in Harad. Who is the woman and the child? Are they with the delegation that has come to Gondor?

There we are again with the Boromir and Faramir sideshow, shame on them for causing that sentry to break his disciplined stance. Absolutely no laughing while on duty even if it was just a little twitch in the shoulders.

Denethor was as always a stern Steward and father.

The Haradrim have no care for set schedules, especially ones set up by the despised Gondorians. I can see them arriving early just to upset the order of the process.

Update soon!
Susan W chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
Excellent! Those 2 brothers are great together. Their love for each other shines through with their quick witted banter and humor.

You have done a good job on characterization. One can see Boromir as the ladies man and Faramir as the shy younger brother. (Though he didn't seem too shy to walk in on Boromir when he has women in bed with him. Ah yes, duty does help to make Fara a brave man in retrieving his brother). heh heh heh!

Gotta go read chapter 2 as I just found this story tonight.
Nonce chapter 2 . 11/6/2004
The part with the girl in Near Harad is intriguing, I'll be interested to see how that ties in. Good rhythm between scenes.

Boromir & Faramir are entertaining, though B seems to be going overboard on the cracks without something kind toward F to balance it. Perhaps that will come later.

Also, Denethor seems unrealisticly harsh toward Faramir - yes, he was an ass, but even in the films (which exaggerated that part of him greatly) he was only this cruel to his son because of his despair of Boromir's death, not to mention the lunacy the planitir drove him to.

Good story so far. Looking forward to the next update.
Lackwit chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
I liked the characterizations and the "undercover" scene was very funny, as was the zinger about the cock crow :) Longer forward to the next chapter.
Nonce chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
Your representation of the brothers -mir is highly entertaining & very possibly on the mark. I imagine Boromir could very well be this way, as well as Faramir. I love the banter & can see that your writing will possibly afford not only comedy, but also sentiment, providing a nice mix for B&F. I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!