Reviews for Of White Horses and Their Riders
Bottan chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
It is amazing how strongly this now alternate universe rings out to me, even now that TRC has ended and we know more about how Ashura and Fai are connected in canon. This is an absolutely beautifully piece, very atmospheric, spot on concerning the descriptions, with a wonderful flow. You really manage to convey a lot in few words, and the result is heart-wrenching. I absolutely adore this fic. :)
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
Stories that hint at Fai's past are sadly rare and hard to come by, but they're something that I've come to look forward to. Until Clamp decides to stop teasing us about what the truth behind Fai and Ashura-ou's relationship, stories like your's do a great job of filling in the gaps. I could easily see every point you've made here, from Fai's being naturally uneasy with his magical talents due to what happened as a child to Ashura-ou's manipulations.

I think my favorite line of this is Fai's frank summing up of himself, calling himself intelligent but naive and "rigidly practical." The line where he mentions that it may have taken years to see through Ashura-ou's illusions, but that years was better than the life time Ashura-ou had intended is just fantastic.

In the interest of being well rounded though, you've got a typo towards the top. You wrote "and possibly here the soft cries of a child," but I only note that because I'm nitpicky and I hate it when I leave homonym typoes in posted work. :)

All in all, thank you for writing such a lovely fic and I hope that you write more Tsubasa in the future!
sugahcat chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
:o Wonderful! Written marvelously, using the most beautiful language... I love it!
yiting chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Amazing piece of work. Your writing style is something I admire, and the story altogether is intriguing and completely in character. Great job.
surrealleo chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
Thankyou for writing this! I really needed somore Fye fics... ;-; This was ohsovery lovley, It would be awsome If you would od more fics concerning Fye, I read your other one and it was just what I like too...
Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
I have no way of describing this fic. It's just...beautiful and sad at the same time. Bittersweet. Makes me see another side of Fye. Wonderful. Keep it up!
Duchessa chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
You have a knack for writing incredible Fyes...I could really imagine those flow of words coming from him, and this fic fits nicely with 'An Almost Romance'. Keep this up, and you'll write an entire saga (that's a good thing, by the way - the fandom needs you!).

Hmm...I wonder when we'll see fye finally work his magic? I agree with your theory of fye's reluctance is due to unrestrained magic, I'm not too sure with evil ashura though. Still,this is a highly enjoyable read, and I do hope that in future you will be willing to set a little time for this fandom amongst your numerous others (I'll be checking!).

lines just blew me away,just so you know -

'You took me from that darkness, the afternoon you visited. What I didn’t realise for years was that you gave me not freedom or light in return, but a different kind of prison altogether.'

'You taught me how to smile, and I would have given you anything - which was perhaps fortunate, as you asked for everything. '

'You never noticed when the smile you had always been responsible for became false.'

'And you rode a white horse. But you were the blackest of knights.'

, thank you for this incredible piece.