Reviews for Halloween
sheerWonder chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
oh. my. i'd pray to you if i didn't think that would insult other gods and goddesses out there.

this fic (and october) has to be the BEST AU for saiyuki. EVER. the characters are so real, i could almost imagine the great minekura herself writing something like this! i've seen so many writers shortchange the characters; you should be sainted!

yes, i do love the story. yes, it's quite obvious. *points to the (tbc) at the bottom of the story* TO BE CONTINUED! YES!
Jiltanith chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
It says tbc. I hope that we can hope for the c to come, not just in the foreseeable future, but soon! I like Joe and Tavy, and Lilli is fun too.

It's been months!
kanzenhanzai chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
I actually originally read this at your webpage, but I was wandering around tonight and found it again. I really, really hope that you continue this. I love your characterizations - they're very "them" for lack of a more coherent review. The hints at their world are also great (that it's a world with youkai, etc).

Keep up the good work!
Me-Nuriko chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Goodie, another Joe and Tavy story. _ Unfortunately for you, I think I'm getting to like this AU too much, which means you must provide me with many more stories with them. (Demanding? Who? Me?) _

Typical Hakkai (sorry, Tavy I mean) to be extra scary to all trick-or-treaters at Halloween.
incandescens chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Aw. A lot of fun, and very sweet.

I do hope you intend to continue playing with this AU . . .
celestial-x chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
good job! i really like these 70's AUs youre doing. the idea of gojyo and hakkai romancing in the 70s... really nice. haha, it took me a minute to realize who guy and jean were. i like the names you chose for everyone _
Historical chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
This made my day. *grins*

For some reason, I can just see Gojyo and Lirin out trick-or-treating. But wherever were Sanzo and Goku? *snickers*

And Gojyo not fitting in at a Zepplin concert? *shrugs* I wouldn't say the Stones, but Grateful Dead, maybe? I wasn't aware that the dress code for any oldies rock band barred Big Bad Wolf costumes. _

Tenpou month is over. *sigh* Do you give extensions, by any chance?
KarotsaMused chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
I just stumbled over this fiction and, though it was set on Halloween, I can't think of a better November/fall fiction, really. The characterisation was stunning, so much so that it was easy to pick up on the characters (And I got a few of their names (Madder and Santos) without your help so I'm a bit proud of myself (Says the girl who named a poor innocent white kitten "Edgar Winthrop Hershey")) and I find that the most wonderful touch about this fiction was the fact that their names were different, highly English-ized...it felt sort of like another night in Green Town (*has read way too much Bradbury*).

The touches of familiarity and wit were wonderful and smile inducing - not the least being Tavy's record (and, in fact, his just being called Tavy).

All in all, just a very nice fiction with a highly controlled mood that enriches the read rather than constricting the characters. Much love.
Sorchafyre chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
I read this yesterday, and while I was out trick-or-treating tonight I found myself stuffing back a few wicked grins at the memory. Even though it's not finished, I appreciated you posting it before Halloween. A subsonic record- dirty trick and I love it. "You came as a spook!" ::dies laughing::

I have to admit, you're hard on my pride. I don't quite get what Tavy's trying to do with the homework and pretending to be dead bit. I've come up with some very half-assed theories that I'm too frustrated to share.

Some favorite lines: "the sudden, sharp cry of Anomaly from the policeman who still lounged behind his eyes" ('lounged' being an incredibly distinctive word here) "Peeling grapes takes a lot of patience. And a delicate touch. -Down, boy.-" (nothing really literate here, I just like it) "Timmy and Sarah are in third grade, Mr. August." ... "Ah, good. Then they'll have some idea what to expect next year." (Wickedly amusing, took me all of three seconds for it to sink in, then much longer to stop grinning)

I'm as bespelled by these characters as I am with their Minekura-based originals. All incarnations. Luck and ease to you in RL.
silvermuse89 chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
I really enjoyed this chapter, it was perfect for Halloween! I loved the interaction between Joe and Lillian, it's so cute how he teases her! Tavy's Halloween trick was very funny, though I was a little confused at first. I like your characterization of Tavy, it's much more reminescient of Tenpou than Hakkai since Tavy doesn't have the guilt about Kannan's death as Hakkai does. Also Tavy mentioned he was going to his sister's wedding. Does that mean that Kannan is -alive- and getting married to someone else? It's a stupid question but I'm quite puzzled about it. Hopefully the answer will be in the next part!

PS. Thanks for correcting me about the Octavian thing. I guess I should've checked my global textbook instead of relying on my memory _
Veszelyite chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
That was great! I simply love what you've done with the ending. Joe's phone call home was too funny for words, and the sudden appearance of the trick-or-treaters (with Joe and Lili being included in the conspiracy) was quite a nice touch. _ As always, an excellent job with dilogue and characterization (I loved Joe's line about not wanting to be the grown-up of the pair!). We'll all be looking forward to part 2. _
viciouscallisto chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
eh? only one chapter? write more! i like joe and tavy a lot! tavy...that's such a cool name. oh, and you get bonus points just for mentioning zeppelin. rock on!
solaas chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
After a crazymad long week, it's good to be able to unwind with a good story. /However/-one did expect that that good story would be the rest of the latest Discworld book which one hasn't had time to finish this week. Imagine one's surprise when the invitation from the ffnet-bot lead to the putting aside of said book and the reading of this here fanfic instead. One has no words for the depths of such sacrelidge, and one shall have to spend the next month doing penance.

I do so enjoy a good story! So much so, that I am unable to give any sort of helpful review other than beaming with happy, sleepy enjoyment.

Also, I utterly boggle at the size of your mad, throbbing genious. You reincarnated the poor dear as a RUBBER DUCKY! Oh, the humanity!

I ded. _
honmyo SeaGull chapter 1 . 10/29/2004
Lol !

Evil little Tavy ! Playing such a dirty trick ! I'm sure Tenpou would be so proud of such machiavellism...

*tries to regain her composure...and fails*

I really loved it... Poor little Joe who completely fell for it !

Keep this on please, I badly need that ! I so want more... This closed door makes me curious...

Always a great job at playing with all the characs (really loved Jean and Guy) ! Congrats, really ! (*pouts* though it would be a lill' less disturbing if Kou wasn't wearing my dad's name in here ;; By the way, I really loved the way you transformed his name according to "the journey..." - which sucks in the French translation btw : they use Bébé rouge (red baby - damn, how lame is it?- instead of simply red boy to name KOU !)... )

One last thing (lol again) : I WANT BADLY A RUBBER GOUJUN...

(lill' answers...)

Romans groupie? You can put it that way... I love these guys...

Nope, never read or saw "I, Claudius", though you make me really eager...

Sounds much better than the Collen Mc Cullough's Caesar I read this summer *pouts*...

Derek Jacobi? I so loved him in the Cadfael series (more than in Gladiator for example ). Though I read Suetonius in French ( God bless translators...) and it remains as a very good memory, it kept me sane during a Roman Cultural History class a few years ago : it's so much more fun than the "res gestae" (they should have called that August's gloating), or the Vespasian laws, or Cicéron in latin...