Reviews for Ruminations of a Rising Star
Some1Else chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
“I can scream very loudly,” you tell him staunchly, filling your lungs.

Excellent. You did an outstanding job. This story was quite suspenseful and kept me interested the whole way through. The opening was a real grabber. You chose a great perspective to write this in and you portrayed Amelia well. I especially liked the fourth paragraph dealing with Amelia's feelings over the incident where her uncle tried to kill her father. I also liked how she felt about her clumsiness.

Xelloss was as dark as ever. Good work with that. Some people don't prefer to see him in that light, but that's pretty much what he is. The dialogue between him and Amelia was put together very well. I especially liked what he had to say about Lina and why she chose to study black magic.

The torture sequence was alright. I suppose it could have been a bit more gruesome, but you did elude to that a bit later with Worship Week. Sick stuff. This was a great way to expose Amelia to the dark side. Overall, this story was highly enjoyable and quite creepy. Nice work.

Take it easy.

Keep on writing.
Bridgie chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
Intense, dark, and well-written. I feel quite lucky to have found this one.
Archangel Beth chapter 1 . 12/18/2004

Has a couple of typos - one ".," and one missing period/ellipsis or perhaps even sentence?

But very nicely crepy.
ChaosD-X chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
*recalls something and thoughtfully nods* You can't go around building a better world for people...

PS. Whatever someone may say, paragraph-long sentences are good and tasty.
Kiadi chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
A rather unique way to "steal Amelia's innocence," so to speak. :)

The story was beautifully written, with the exception of the run-on sentences at the beginning, which made them hard to follow. Maybe you did this on purpose though, I can't be sure.
Cookie chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
This was a really strange fic, but it left quite an impression on me. Good writing.
Jellybones chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Your fic has brought a little tear of happiness to my eye. *pokes it* I have been in the Slayers fandom for YEARS, and I must say, this is one of the best Xellos fics, ever. And I'm all about messing with my favorite princess.

Mad props to you luv, and . . . I hope that you are inspired to . . . 'expand' upon this. *discreetly slips doujinshi in author's direction* Go on . . . take it.