Reviews for The Mighty Titan
Everlasting Chemistry chapter 14 . 10/29/2005
OHH MYY GOD! IT WAS SOO GOOD! AND U ENDED IT SO ABURTLY! I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AND I SPELLED THAT OTHER WORD WRONG BUT I DONT CARE! lol i love it it was really good u described things really really well. and roy better not cramp ROBINS style. lol roy doesnt matter thats why i dont captialize hiz name. haha anywayz keep on writing and pleaze update soon!

love!

DaNi
hollyberries230 chapter 14 . 10/28/2005
Wow, you finally updated! I was beginning to lose hope:) We seriously can't afford to let go of such a talented writer now can we? Someone with such competent skill can never be unproductive. Don't let whoever says that get you down. You're worth more thatn all of us over here. You're writing, we're reading. We are dependent. Because it is that good. Update!
Tevrah chapter 14 . 10/26/2005
Another great chapter! Can't wait for more!
Guybrush007 chapter 14 . 10/20/2005
Hot #$%! That was unbelievable! Loved the reflection at the end!

Now for some constructive stuff: your writing is better than ever; this story is the most original piece of prose I've ever read! Love the space theme, Starfire, the background, all of it! Your style flows and allows for no breaks in the action: even when it seems to flow forever, it works well like that! Can't wait for more for both stories!
Miss Starfire chapter 14 . 10/20/2005
From all the fluff scenes I have ever read about, for some unknown reason, the scene where Robin puts Starfire's arm back in the socket was the most fluffiest scene ever. LOL...Don't ask! I had expected something bad to go wrong...I just hope Galfore doesnt die and I am anxious to know what is the relationship between Roy and Star :D Thanks for the update!
Terra Basher chapter 14 . 10/19/2005
Great job on this chapter. I hope Galfore is going to be alright. Can't wait for the next chapter!
jerseygrl90 chapter 14 . 10/19/2005
LoL. I liked Roy's reflection at the end, kind of lightens te mood. amazing description this chapter. marvelous. definitly my favorite story here, and trust me, i read ALOT of stories here. great action. i cant wait for the next chapter and to see how the whole roy vs robin hing goes. should be interesting. byezQ

Christi
Kungpow333 chapter 13 . 10/19/2005
Sorry but the links won't show up. I'll just email them to you. Great story once again! :D
Kungpow333 chapter 14 . 10/19/2005
You're alive! I've been worrying about you. Check in the R/S shrines but nothing. I'm glad you updated. It was such a great chapter and the fight scenes were top notch! I really hope Galfore will be alright... Please let him be alright! I don't want Star to be sad. I really love how you go into detail, even with the eye contact! Wow! I wish I could be in that future _

P.S. I finally finished the drawing I promised you! Here's the link to in in the R/S shrine...

And here's the link to it from my DA...

Once again great chapter!
dolphingirl0113 chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
There are a million reasons why I love this story. But one of my favorites is how each chapter encomapsses different aspects of a story. You throw in emotion, action, science fiction/fantasy, romance, and even a little mystery surrounding the gem and Starfire's history. It's just incredible. AND, to top it all off, not only do you writre all these things, but you're good at all the various aspects. Some people can only write romance...others only action or drama or angst or mystery...but you're the whole package, girl! Congrats on that!

And now, speaking of moods and styles, on to the chapter itself...

There were several times throughout when I kept playing the "Mission: Impossible" theme in my head, becuase this chapter seemed like something straight out of that movie, what with all the planning that went into the mission beforehand, all the tension regarding whether or not it would all be in vain or if it would go as planned...I loved it. And I loved how you didn't have EVERYTHING go exactly according to plan (some of the obvious things being the guard waking up too early, but more of the subtle things like Robin's issues with the cameras, just as a few examples) but you also didn't have everything go horribly wrong either. Usually when people write these kind of scenes I'm bored to tears because there's no reason to be tense since nothing's happening, or I'm exasperated because intelligent, resourceful characters are suddenly being reduced to mindless idiots who do nothing right.

After all, I highly doubt a group comprised of a fierce amazon warrior woman, a cyborg, a demon witch, a ninja/former acrobat/martial arts expert, a shape-shifter, and a brilliant hacker, all backed up by another intelligent ship of hunters, couldn't at least get some of it right.

But you handled the tension perfectly. Even when things were going well, you portrayed Robin's butterflies so beautifully I felt them too, my stomach clenching and unclenching as I continued to wonder if THIS would be the moment something would go wrong...and then when there was a glitch, you didin't just have them all flounder around mindlessly and give up, they actually managed to escape (with a few casualties, mind you). So great job on that front. Suspense isn't an easy genre to write...I know from experience as both a reader and a writer.

On that note, I also feel like you still managed to do a brilliant job of characterizing everyone and continuing to give them more depth (again, my favorite part) in spite of the all the thrilling suspense. Your characterization is so subtle, however, that it doesn't intrude on the changing tones of each chapter, or take away from the main focus of any particular segment either. It's clear that this is more of an "action" chapter, and the reader never doubts this, but still you manage to inject a few dramatic/romantic moments, which only makes me love your charcters more.

I LOVE the development of Robin's character at this point. It is very obvious how much he's changed in his treatment and views regarding Starfire from the beginning of the story. True, he always had some sort of feeling for her since she was an old friend (and childhood friendships are often the sweetest and most inoenct), but he still kept her at arms length, his inner dialogue always purposefully cold and detached. But as the story has progressed he has clearly warmed up to the idea of letting him in, so to speak, much more, so that now he can openly put his arm around her shoulders or take her hand in his or allow her to give him an unexpected kiss without completely tearing her head off. And I also appreciate the fact that you're not making him a total dense idiot when it comes to reading the feelings of women. Even though he may not always verbally respond in the best way, his inner dialogue shows he does in fact understand...very well, in fact...and that's a marked improvement from how many authors portray him; like some kind of idiot who wouldn't know a hot woman if she hit him in the face and then sat in his lap.

After all, he didn't grow up with Bruce Wayne (In this story or the original show) for nothing, eh? And I'm assuming here Mr. Wayne was probably just as much of a playboy as ever? Otherwise he wouldn't be our sexy many of power any more, would he? :)

Anyway...

Subtle and slow changes are always the best, because the reader is subsequently allowed to grow WITH the character, rather than simply having the author's intentions fed to them with a spoon every step of the way. And it is VERY clear at this point that Robin is falling hard and fast for our favorite Tameranian, and that she, in turn, is allowing herself to relax and return his feelings. That makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

I also like how you're developing Raven's character, along with her relationships with the other crew members. No, they're not exactly chummy, but they're starting to respond to her similarly to the way they do in the show: confusion, at times a little weirded out by her dark behavior and preferences, but at the same time with understanding that she is different. No, I don't sense they're at the point yet where they would give their lives for her like in the show, but it's slowly moving towards a positive light, and that has me thinking perhaps that's how it was with the Titans on the show...she helped them once because it suited her, then she helped them again because it suited her, and again, and again, and again, until suddenly she began to help them more because she wanted to and because she had developed a sense of comraderie with all of them in return. So I really can't wait to see how her character and relationships with everyone else continues to grow.

I feel like it was a major step when you had her respond semi-normally to Starfire's comment about having something on her robe. :) That's a perfect example of what I was just talking about. Before, Raven would have just ignored it and bourne her discomfort/frustration/disgust in silence, waiting until they weren't watching to silenty check her robe for bugs. So bravo with that.

There's still so many avenues this story could take that I'm loving the suspense and the fact that my mind is allowed to wonder into the realm of theories. With so many stories, even if they're well-written it's way too obvious how it will play out, which makes the final few chapters very unsatisfying. Granted, in my story "The King's Mistress" I state the ending at the beginning, but I don't tell people EVERYTHING, and I certainly don't tell them how all the characters reach such an end, and, surprisingly, I've kept them all in suspense the entire story, evidenced by their confused reviews and often entertaining (but 100% incorrect) preditions.

I wonder what new chemistry will be added to the mix between Robin and Starfire now that Galfore is back with them. Granted, it's not clear whether or not he will even survive the next chapter, but assuming he does, I wonder if personalities will change or if either of them will revert bcak to their shells in any way.

Galfore is like a father-figure to Starfire, and often when around our parents our more wild and free tendencies tend to run and hide, so I wonder if anythign will change. If Robin will feel he has to back off because Galfore will disapprove, or even if Starfire will perhaps revert back more to her old personality from when she was younger, and Robin will discover just how much he prefers the new woman to the old girl? It will be interesting to see. I mean, I doubt Galfore will disapprove of Robin because of his warm greeting and open acknowledgement that Starfire had been "smitten" with him since they were kids, but still...we'll just have to wait and see.

And what about the book? What mysteries does that book hold? Why is it only now revealing those new pages? Interesting...we shall see...
MereImage chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
m... it feels good to leave a review two days in a row. Sweet chapter, I'll be waiting for the next one to Path to Tamaran.
artsyGURL13 chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
Nice chapter! U finally updated! :)
r'n'rb chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
I think i should be doing wordless review becasue really, there are no words to describe how much i love this story and your writing in general.

Amazing, Amazing.

-Ani
Specter Von Baren chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
It's been a while since you've updated... I'd say given the track record of resque operations in the known universe... that one went pretty well.

signed

Specter
somekindafreaky chapter 14 . 10/18/2005
Oh yeah.. another triumph. Robin is the sweetest guy in the world now that he's got over himself. I loved Roy's reflection at the end. What does the future bring, I wonder?
245 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »